Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,325 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Five Lessons To Learn From Lampard's Eviction - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Five Lessons To Learn From Lampard's Eviction (325 Views)

MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win / Havertz: What To Expect From Lampard's New Recruit / Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Lessons To Learn From Lampard's Eviction by tobechi74: 12:26pm On Jan 26, 2021
Chelsea football club announced on its decision to part ways with it’s manager, Frank Lampard. The management and fans were delighted with his ability to guide the team to top four finish amidst the transfer ban and the exit of Icon Eden Hazard . Having signed players this season, many expected the blues to challenging for the top spot in the English Premier league table. It is dissapointing that the blues sit outside the top floor. Roman Abrahimovic, the club major shareholder ,known for his quickness to fire non performing managers was expected to pull the trigger before this year started. He gave the Champion league winner more time considering his legendary status.The management had to send a touching exit message to the former Chelsea player.

Frank decision never to critise his players in public earned him my respect. He was always quick to protect Kepa Azzabalanga from his numerous blunder. Like every human, he had his own shortcomings which ultimately led to his downfall.

(1) Favoritism has no place in the discharge of official duties ; one should not draft a team based on sm tribalism. The office is not a place to show patriotism.

Frank Lampard decision to give young players more playing time on assumption was applauded by fans. On close examination, the four youth players he promoted to the senior squad; Tomori, James,Abraham and Mason Mount are all British. Players like Kennedy,Athampadu and Pasalic were not considered good enough. When one adds Lofty Cheek, Barkley and Charlie Hudson to the list, the total number of English players in the squad was way high. He was sentimental in selecting his players. It was like he was coaching England youth team. The message was clear, England First. It seems he felt foreigners were taking over the English Premier league. Non English players did not feel a sence of belonging

(2) Hide your precious tool from the public :Every father has that child he loves most .Wise fathers try not to make it glaring. Rather, he is more critical of that special one. In the Bible, Jacob could not hide his special affection for Joseph. The other children grew Jelous and conspired to sell their brother .

Lampard did not hide his special admiration for Mason Mount. He took him favored tool to derby and back to Chelsea. Mount had the highest appearance than any other player since his debut .The other players were professional enough not to conspire to injure him during training or begin to hate the player for no fault of his.

(3) Build positive relationship with the senior staff ; The senior staff is anyone who has worked for up to fourb years in the organization. He could be the security man or the secretary. They know the in and out of the organization. They have watched leaders get hired and fired .

Frank Lampard focused on the youth and new players . Senior players felt they may loose their job someday. Ngolo Kante has gone further down the pecking order in holding the captain arm band since Chelsea signed Thiago Silva.He started to play like one who lacks motivation. Senior players could tell him the impact of some decision on the team but they can only do that to a leader they trust

(4) Power belong to the team : A leader is as strong as his followers. There can be no shepherds without sheep but there can be sheep without shepherds.

When a leader becomes bent on having his way that he ignores the senior players,the players may choose not to obey his instructions on the pitch. After all,they are human.

(5) The goal is what counts A leader can bend the rules. Provided,he gets the job done.

Chelsea has a culture- To win-. The moment the leader is not achieving that, he gets kicked out. It doesn’t matter your status as a legend or a manager.
Re: Five Lessons To Learn From Lampard's Eviction by Nairalandwizerd(m): 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2021
Well said, silly lampard is silly. Imagine benching Azplicueta for that rat.
Re: Five Lessons To Learn From Lampard's Eviction by Mide3367: 1:47pm On Jan 26, 2021
I am a Chelsea fan but I stopped being sentimental about foot years ago.
Re: Five Lessons To Learn From Lampard's Eviction by paulolee(m): 2:25pm On Jan 26, 2021
ur opinion jus like every nairaland online sports analyst have their own perspective about this lampard saga..
my point is dt we should try and focus on our job because we keep giving analysis asif its easy and asif we know more than paid coaches..
talk is very cheap and even cheaper now dt everyone online with data can give his opinion about football but it isnt easy as you are saying it, u can ask garry neville and henry dt failed beautifully..
Re: Five Lessons To Learn From Lampard's Eviction by paulolee(m): 2:29pm On Jan 26, 2021
Nairalandwizerd:
Well said, silly lampard is silly. Imagine benching Azplicueta for that rat.
I dnt see anything special in that ur azplicueta guy because i like a very vibrant n bombing right back that can successfully attack and also defend without problems like alves and carjaval...dt ur azplicueta is aged and too slow or weak for my type of right back..
lampard have every right to play whoeveer suits him because its his job and he calls d shots because he knows better than us..
Re: Five Lessons To Learn From Lampard's Eviction by Nairalandwizerd(m): 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
paulolee:

I dnt see anything special in that ur azplicueta guy because i like a very vibrant n bombing right back that can successfully attack and also defend without problems like alves and carjaval...dt ur azplicueta is aged and too slow or weak for my type of right back..
lampard have every right to play whoeveer suits him because its his job and he calls d shots because he knows better than us..
he paid dearly for sentimental selections. Hurray the stupid betrayal is long gone. He scored against Chelsea vs man city.
Re: Five Lessons To Learn From Lampard's Eviction by tobechi74: 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2021
paulolee:
ur opinion jus like every nairaland online sports analyst have their own perspective about this lampard saga..
my point is dt we should try and focus on our job because we keep giving analysis asif its easy and asif we know more than paid coaches..
talk is very cheap and even cheaper now dt everyone online with data can give his opinion about football but it isnt easy as you are saying it, u can ask garry neville and henry dt failed beautifully..

Sure,this is not to blame Frank , he did exceptionally well. Everyone who starts out an endeavors is bound to make mistakes. Wisdom is the ability to learn from the mistakes of others and try not to repeat same. Frank Lampard will come back to coach chelsea again . The job came too soon for him.

(1) (Reply)

Messi Has 6 Balloon Door / Thomas Tuchel:the Right Man For The Job? Thomas Tuchel Has Proved Himself T / Man. United And Chelsea Players Star In World Team Of The Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.