Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs (91512 Views)

Buhari Replaces Ex-Ministers, Sends Nominees List To Senate / 20 Generals May Go As Buhari Replaces Buratai, Service Chiefs / AMCON: Buhari Replaces Muiz Banire With Edward Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by yamunla(m): 7:56pm On Jan 26, 2021
AuroraB:
cheesy obviously cheesy

I so much miss the old nairalanders..

this new generations are too tribal,political and insane

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by madridsta007(m): 8:01pm On Jan 26, 2021
fergie001:

He isn't there. All former Service Chiefs are retired.

Someone Buratai sacked because under him Operation Lafiya Dole led to a spike in Boko Haram attacks in the North East is now COAS.
This is why Obj said stop reinforcing failure.
Clear example of reinforcing failure. Well, incompetents appoint incompetents.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by fergie001: 8:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
madridsta007:

Someone Buratai sacked because under him Operation Lafiya Dole led to a spike in Boko Haram attacks in the North East is now COAS.
This is why Obj said stop reinforcing failure.
Clear example of reinforcing failure. Well, incompetents appoint incompetents.
My brother, if you ask me na who I go ask?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by Dansuqi: 8:17pm On Jan 26, 2021
UKkev:
Adeosun is a General and not a Leautenant General

No he is a Lt gen.only the cds is a general
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by Okoroawusa: 8:44pm On Jan 26, 2021
planetx:
3 muslims and only 1 Christian.
So na their religion be your own problem now not their competence?

Wailing beclouds a person's intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by moskush1(m): 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
they have overstayed their usefulness, useless people
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by Etrusen(m): 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
first of all

congratulations to our southern brother for the elevation may God give him wisdom to serve the people rather than being an instrument for destruction.

secondly

for those of you arguing the name " Irabor"....

the name is 100% Edoid word which is sometimes pronounce slightly differently by the various Edoid tribes

for example in Benin there is a saying that " the wrong speaking of Benin is what Esan is made up of" also " an Urhobo man begin to speak Benin when it become difficult for him."

this particular name is common among all the Edoid tribe just that the first letter "I" is mostly change among them.

if you observe the early obis in Agbor and their palace chiefs, they mostly had Edo names and some of them still retain their surname till date just like this Irabor case

the population among Ikas may have been another dialect but the royalty is of Edo origin

so don't be surprise seeing an Ika/ Agbor man answering Osagie, Irabor, Ogbemudia, Eboigbodin, Ilahor, Erhahon, Ovia etc as surname because you will agree with me that surname tells a man true origin

similar names in Benin are

Okunbor
Osunbor
Ogunbor
Edobor
Igiebor
Esezobor
Ozabor

etc

let me keep it meaning first

if an Igbo man says the name is their own let him tell us the meaning

so we can be done with this
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by adadike(f): 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2021
mightyhazel:
raa nsi
nsi ahu ju go onu . Onye ara
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by AuroraB(f): 9:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
yamunla:

I so much miss the old nairalanders..

this new generations are too tribal,political and insane
honestly so... smiley
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by mightyhazel: 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
adadike:
nsi ahu ju go onu . Onye ara
mbiegi aka eh?

Adaiberibe grin
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by LZAA: 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2021
Etrusen:
first of all

congratulations to our southern brother for the elevation may God give him wisdom to serve the people rather than being an instrument for destruction.

secondly

for those of you arguing the name " Irabor"....

the name is 100% Edoid word which is sometimes pronounce slightly differently by the various Edoid tribes

for example in Benin there is a saying that " the wrong speaking of Benin is what Esan is made up of" also " an Urhobo man begin to speak Benin when it become difficult for him."

this particular name is common among all the Edoid tribe just that the first letter "I" is mostly change among them.

if you observe the early obis in Agbor and their palace chiefs, they mostly had Edo names and some of them still retain their surname till date just like this Irabor case

the population among Ikas may have been another dialect but the royalty is of Edo origin

so don't be surprise seeing an Ika/ Agbor man answering Osagie, Irabor, Ogbemudia, Eboigbodin, Ilahor, Erhahon, Ovia etc as surname because you will agree with me that surname tells a man true origin

similar names in Benin are

Okunbor
Osunbor
Ogunbor
Edobor
Igiebor
Esezobor
Ozabor

etc

let me keep it meaning first

if an Igbo man says the name is their own let him tell us the meaning

so we can be done with this

Calm down
No igbo person has claimed irabor as their own
It's the afonjas here that are saying he's igbo

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by bigtt76(f): 9:40pm On Jan 26, 2021
I pity those course members who would be forced to retire prematurely cheesy

fergie001:

Femi Adesina
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by emonis88: 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
breath of fresh air we would say but we nigerians r still being as always taken for a ride. these past ones were busy trying to increase their entitlements after retairing, dat is what has bn delaying d change , so dat when they go they can reap part of dat new bounty, and since it has bn done they now left , but they were busy lobbing for dat bounty , therefore ignoring d job they were supposed to take care of. but aleast these ones il face d job now.
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
Dansuqi:

It is the same thing na.irabor is among the 10 most senior military officers.attahiru is among the most senior Arny officers.
how about major general Udounwa , former defence attached to UN ? Into he amongst the top ten most senior army officers and eligible for the role ? maybe they just can't give it to a South south person...hmm Nigeria is not for all.....na my uncle be that. how I wish he got the job

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by JohnBullMySon: 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2021
christistruth01:

The Acting Commandant General of NSCDC Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps Hilary Madu is Igbo so drink Ice water and Cool down

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/civil-defence-cg-bows-out-as-madu-steps-in/amp/
acting as the most senior officer. buhari is yet to appoint his man.
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by Dansuqi: 11:01pm On Jan 26, 2021
KevUnique:

how about major general Udounwa , former defence attached to UN ? Into he amongst the top ten most senior army officers and eligible for the role ? maybe they just can't give it to a South south person...hmm Nigeria is not for all.....na my uncle be that. how I wish he got the job

He is not oh.your uncle Solomon udounwa is a member of the 38th regular course of the NDA while attahiru Ibrahim is a member of the 35 regular course.your uncle is far junior to attahiru who is the third most senior army officer.your uncle is part of the buratai cabal,attahiru is not.the only akwa ibom man almost same rank with attahiru is man gen enobong udoh who was his course mate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by frog12: 11:01pm On Jan 26, 2021
BUHARI only did this after he look at the JAWS of bauchi auditor general where BANDIT TEAR WITH GUNS!!!
BUHARI only did this after he look at the JAWS of bauchi auditor general where BANDIT TEAR WITH GUNS!!!
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by christistruth01: 12:57am On Jan 27, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

Tell your people to stop insulting Buhari all the time and let people like Umahi , Ngige and Uzodinma plead with him to confirm Madu in the Position.
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by christistruth01: 12:58am On Jan 27, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

Tell your people to stop insulting Buhari all the time and let people like Umahi , Ngige and Uzodinma plead with him to confirm Madu in the Position.

It will cost him nothing to do it.
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by sirwhyteB(m): 2:13am On Jan 27, 2021
SAY NO TO ONE NIGERIA
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by Ayobami7(m): 7:30am On Jan 27, 2021
hmmm
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by JohnBullMySon: 7:33am On Jan 27, 2021
christistruth01:

It will cost him nothing to do it.
what's my business? if he does not want to confirm the guy, he should appoint his own, finito. when another person enter there, he will segregate those he hates too. it's not as if buhari is a lifetime leader.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 27, 2021
eduj:

and how many of your women are married to the igbos ?

I don’t even know one. In the meantime I am running away from Ibo women chasing me and my friends.
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 27, 2021
Speaktruth88:

I don’t even know one. In the meantime I am running away from Ibo women chasing me and my friends.
For igbo women to chase you like that,you must be a chicken �� Name your tribe let me educate you small
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2021
Dansuqi:

He is not oh.your uncle Solomon udounwa is a member of the 38th regular course of the NDA while attahiru Ibrahim is a member of the 35 regular course.your uncle is far junior to attahiru who is the third most senior army officer.your uncle is part of the buratai cabal,attahiru is not.the only akwa ibom man almost same rank with attahiru is man gen enobong udoh who was his course mate
interesting! thanks for that explanation. I didn't know that. So I and my mother were talking yesterday and we heard that the next thing will be to retire most of them. Will he (Solomon) likely be up for compulsory retirement?
thanks for replying anyways
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by Dansuqi: 2:23pm On Jan 27, 2021
KevUnique:
interesting! thanks for that explanation. I didn't know that. So I and my mother were talking yesterday and we heard that the next thing will be to retire most of them. Will he (Solomon) likely be up for compulsory retirement?
thanks for replying anyways

No.those to be affected are his course mates in NDA course 34 and 35 like gen rc duru,orokpe,shodunke and rogers.your uncle is 3 steps lower in course 38...
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 27, 2021
Dansuqi:

No.those to be affected are his course mates in NDA course 34 and 35 like gen rc duru,orokpe,shodunke and rogers.your uncle is 3 steps lower in course 38...
alright, thanks for the clarifications..you sure have quite a lot of info on military personnel. seems you are part of the armed forces. You know all those service men
Re: President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs by Nobody: 1:43am On Jan 28, 2021
eduj:

For igbo women to chase you like that,you must be a chicken �� Name your tribe let me educate you small

Yes I am someone that is not interested in putting my body with all sorts of things that I don’t know their origin. We are tired of your women, but like I said I see why they prefer others with the display of madness of your members on this platform.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Service Chiefs At Presidential Villa / Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age / Tinubu, Aides Angry With Presidency For Releasing His Pix With Walking Stick- SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.