Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,943 members, 7,852,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:36 PM

Pre-order From Usa Or Cotonou Or Tokunbo? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pre-order From Usa Or Cotonou Or Tokunbo? (568 Views)

Loaded *2011 Toyota Highlander Limited* Pre-order From Fhemmmy By A Nairalander / Transport Your Vehicle From Usa To Lagos Or Cotonou / Transport Your Vehicle From Usa To Lagos Or Cotonou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pre-order From Usa Or Cotonou Or Tokunbo? by batuphil(m): 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2011
I've been wondering, which route is the best way to get a good deal when buying a car.

Pre-Order from USA or Cotonou or Tokunbo? Which one is more cheaper?

Have been looking through NL and it seems like price quotes on Pre-order from US is the same as Tokunbo that is already in Lagos.
I thought Pre-Order should be more of saving option. I didn't see much price quotes from Cotonou based on what I want.

Can somebody help me with some understanding please.

Thank you.
Re: Pre-order From Usa Or Cotonou Or Tokunbo? by KunleA2(m): 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
batuphil:

I've been wondering, which route is the best way to get a good deal when buying a car.

Pre-Order from USA or Cotonou or Tokunbo? Which one is more cheaper?

Have been looking through NL and it seems like price quotes on Pre-order from US is the same as Tokunbo that is already in Lagos.
I thought Pre-Order should be more of saving option. I didn't see much price quotes from Cotonou based on what I want.

Can somebody help me with some understanding please.

Thank you.

Let me commend you for doing you due diligence on this issue. But i must sound a word of caution: Make sure that you are comparing apples to apples. 80-90% of vehicles in Cotonue are salvaged titles. You can run a VIN check to make sure that you are not getting a salvaged one though. While you have the option of running a check on the pre-order one before you commit to it. A pre-order car can be seen "in its natural state" without any fixing up.

If you are finding a pre-order to be about the same cost as the one in Berger or Cotonue, considering the premise that most vehicles there are salvaged, its safe to assume that the pre-order with a clean title is actually cheaper.

Another down side to the pre-order is that it takes about 6 weeks to get your car. The other one is cash and drive off.

Happy Motoring and good luck out there.
Re: Pre-order From Usa Or Cotonou Or Tokunbo? by batuphil(m): 12:12am On Apr 05, 2011
@Kunle-A,
Thank you very much for your detailed information.
But in your opinion do you think Pre-Order from USA and buying in Nigeria from a dealer who
imports from the USA should be same price?
I requested pre-order price info from some dealers on NairaLand and all am getting is exact same price as
cars that are already in Lagos. Just not sure if thats how its suppose to be.
Re: Pre-order From Usa Or Cotonou Or Tokunbo? by KunleA2(m): 5:54am On Apr 05, 2011
You are right. Pre-order should be cheaper. My point is that make sure that what you are getting in Lagos is a non-accidented car. Before you make comparisons.

Regards
Re: Pre-order From Usa Or Cotonou Or Tokunbo? by batuphil(m): 1:17pm On Apr 05, 2011
@Kunle A

Thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

Audi Tt Or Mini Cooper / 2008 Toyota Highlander Suv Limted Lather Seat Buy Me 4.5 Million / Honda Accord 2007 For Sale - N1.650m (07082687207 , 08161178354)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.