Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell - Fashion/Clothing Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion/Clothing Market / Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell (82133 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by chinani(f): 1:24am On Apr 17, 2006
@ Seun
Actually Tyra's been on T.V. (Oprah etc) w/o make up. It makes me think that Naomi has more natural beauty & yes, I do take that into consideration. Every judge makes up his/her own criteria; natural beauty is one of mine.

But Tyra is really pretty. I just don't like how she has looked in recent years. Also, don't like her forehead or nose. embarassed She is pretty though.
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by larger20(m): 3:01am On Apr 17, 2006
Hatter stop. tyra is the bomb anytime anyday, Naomi is a wicked bitch that just beat her housekeeper,
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by chinani(f): 5:07am On Apr 17, 2006
Um, I'm not a "hatter". Thanks.
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by Seun(m): 3:46pm On Apr 18, 2006
You're a woman, chinani. It takes a man to judge a woman's beauty! Afterall, we're the ones that want to sleep with them, not you! cheesy
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by chinani(f): 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2006
Nwoke:

It takes a man to judge a woman's beauty!
That is such a baseless sexist comment.

Nwoke:
Afterall, we're the ones that want to sleep with them, not you!
Yes, and your sex drive & lust corrupts your objectivity. Since I have no sexual interest in these women, I speaking as a farmer rating fruit. No sentimentality or pulling punches.
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by Seun(m): 10:45pm On Apr 18, 2006
There is the saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because there is no objective measure of beauty. Beauty is subjective, and anyone that claims to objectively measure beauty is a fraud.

When you want to judge a product or service, you ask a customer and not a competitor.

Women don't beautify themselves for the sake of fellow women. They do it for men. Those are the customers. The best way to measure attractiveness is to ask members of the opposite sex. If i want to judge a man's attractiveness or sex appeal, I ask women.
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by chinani(f): 11:18pm On Apr 18, 2006
Nwoke:

There is the saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because there is no objective measure of beauty. Beauty is subjective, and anyone that claims to objectively measure beauty is a fraud.

When you want to judge a product or service, you ask a customer and not a competitor.

Women don't beautify themselves for the sake of fellow women. They do it for men. Those are the customers. The best way to measure attractiveness is to ask members of the opposite sex. If i want to judge a man's attractiveness or sex appeal, I ask women.
Beauty is subjective. True enough & no arguments there. But who told you that women do not (sometimes or always) dress (to impress) other women? If women only dress to attract men, then why do married women dress well when their husbands are away? Explain soroities. Men will like anyone in a flirty skirt but a woman. . .? Who told you that all women are competitors? No, that is not what women think. It is what most men think, all women think.

Please keep your subjective beauty measurement. Variety makes the world go around but don't teach me about women. The very thought is laughable wink and a bit offensive.
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by Seun(m): 2:45am On Apr 20, 2006
why do married women dress well when their husbands are away?
To impress other men, so they can lust after her.

You mean that women display their boobs, thighs, buttocks and tummies and wear transparent clothes to impress other women? If so the world must be full of lesbians and bi-sexual women!

However, I am a man. I do not waste my time admiring 'sexy' men. It's simply not logical. Beauty and fashion is all about impressing the opposite sex. Women dress "sexy" to attract men. If it was not so, they would not feel the need to display more skin and wear transparent clothes.
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by chinani(f): 2:55am On Apr 20, 2006
To attract other men? Maybe. But maybe not. The fact is that (some & I hope most) women dress in a manner that helps their self-esteem. So if a women looks sexy & she's married it might be b/c her clothes help her feel good about herself by reflecting her personality in a positive way. Have you ever seen What Not To Wear? It's an American & British t.v. show that revamps someone's look and it's a good example about how dressing can change how you feel on the inside.

Showing skin? Transparent clothes? Nope, those are not my ideas of class so I don't dress that way if the situation does not require (i.e., beach). You gave examples of sexually suggestive clothing rather than of women dressing nicely. The realm of dressing well or dressing to impress for women is very vast. If you think of it as only sexual or only to entice men, then your scope is too narrow. I am a hetero- woman but I notice style & beauty all the time in women & men. I offer no apologies & stand by my stated opinions. *Bows graciously*
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by ijele(m): 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2006
If There is any woman that worth worshipping in terms of beauty,it's Tyra Banks, That babe is simply Cute and gorgeous! If I go to America today, am going to get her!
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by eveseh(f): 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2006
i think tyra is hoot
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by eveseh(f): 12:48pm On Apr 23, 2006
aniomi is hoot too

Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by eveseh(f): 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2006
tyra is hot

Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by eveseh(f): 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2006
cool

Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by eveseh(f): 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2006
banks is hot

Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by chinani(f): 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2006
Both beautiful ladies. I LOVE that pic of Naomi! Is it me or do these ladies resemble each other?
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by 1Lola(f): 7:25pm On May 05, 2006
i think tyra is prettier than naiomi campell but i think ms.campell is pretty
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by larger20(m): 4:51am On May 06, 2006
#1Lola:

i think tyra is prettier than naiomi campell but i think ms.campell is pretty

Yes she is better in every way, have better public command, makes more money, socialite, presenter, tyra banks show, foundation, nice at hearth , Naomi is a bitch. I know her house in the city.
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by eveseh(f): 8:45am On May 06, 2006
larger_20:

Yes she is better in every way, have better public command, makes more money, socialite, presenter, tyra banks show, foundation, nice at hearth , Naomi is a bitch. I know her house in the city.

why make you say that she's a bitch?

did she sleep with ya uncle?

sorry to say that but i just gotta ask this?
u say she's a bitch what makes her a bitch?
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by larger20(m): 1:02pm On May 06, 2006
eveseh:

why make you say that she's a bitch?

did she sleep with ya uncle?

sorry to say that but i just gotta ask this?
u say she's a bitch what makes her a bitch?

No one can stand her anger, she beats her house keeper /maid. I don't just find her attractive enough
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by papermoon(f): 4:28pm On May 06, 2006
cry
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by chinani(f): 5:34pm On May 06, 2006
Somehow I doubt that Tyra is a socialite. undecided Let's not get carried away people.

papermoon:

ILL go for NAOMI over and over again, she is beayooootiful and no one does bitch better than her grin grin
grin grin grin grin Well if you're going to do something you should do it well sha! cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by papermoon(f): 5:36pm On May 06, 2006
cry
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by chinani(f): 5:42pm On May 06, 2006
NA WA @ her O! I seriously felt for that girl. I think it went it her head. I'm against plagiarism obviously and never feel bad when established writers get pinched for it but this girl ***I just shook my head*** I mean, Sophie Kinsella? Why? Didn't she know that ppl would find her out w/in the hour? And now what future does she have? What makes me sad is that maybe s[b]he has the soul of a writer[/b] and this incident will keep her from great things 30 years down the line. I mean, if you're gonna ruin yourself at 19, try BLOW, not plagiarism. lipsrsealed
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by papermoon(f): 5:50pm On May 06, 2006
cry
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by chinani(f): 6:05pm On May 06, 2006
Oh, I'm fine. How are you PM? And you're so right. Stunts like this don't work in the lit world. I'm thinking she finishes her Harvard degree then after lying low for awhile (a)gets a pen name and/or (b)pulls a Lucy Lin and works for Nat. Geo. t.v. or something where ppl can feel she's a good person and/or (c)waits many years to write about how she was exploited & pressured as a literary prodigy. Her audience might be sympathetic but publishing houses won't be. Esp the one she's w/ now b/c they have egg all over their face. . .looking like assholes for sure right about now.

But yea, I think the fact that she was "discovered" at 17 & had a $270,000 contract played a part. I mean how do you "discover" a writer? Just the language sounds suspicious to me. Oh, and I've heard that the house she's with (Little & Brown?) give her the plot outline and basically have her fill in the blanks. Is it me or is Jane Austen turning in her grave? Get your own plots, damn! But, you're in the UK, how's the Brit press & Kinsella acting about it?
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by papermoon(f): 6:18pm On May 06, 2006
cry
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by chinani(f): 6:39pm On May 06, 2006
I'm sure Kinsella's shocked all the way to the bank. wink I would be. But, Miss save your color, I think you can rock harder than chick lit. Even Jackie Collins is like Damn if you're going to copy get a duke & a love child in that bizzle. cheesy
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by eveseh(f): 6:40pm On May 06, 2006
i love both of them kiss
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by tikkybell: 9:54am On May 20, 2006
This message is for @Zara. I just entered this forum and saw her opinion. Naomi Campbell is one example of black/african/dark skinned incredible beauty. No prejudices free person is going to say she is not so pretty because she is dark. Maybe a million of the women of the world are not even close to her beauty, bone structure, the exotic features. I am an heterosexual woman, by the way. Both Tyra and Naomi are incredibly beautiful. And about the makeup thing: some foundation, blush and mascara doesnt make miracles. Otherwise every woman in the world would look as gorgeous as this two models with a little makeup. I am sure everybody agrees on this: some makeup enhaces natural beauty and features.
Just to finish, a very light skin woman can be exactly as beautiful as a very dark one.
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by mamaput(f): 8:47pm On May 20, 2006
Tyra has a very common look . go to mtv they all look alike almost like clones.
I love Naomi she even knows how to msbehave in public with out thinking what will people say.
Re: Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell by Seun(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2006
mamaput: I love Naomi she even knows how to msbehave in public with out thinking what will people say.
<sarcasm>Misbehaviour is clearly a positive quality in a person.</sarcasm>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wholesale Shoes Available In Nigeria At Cheap Prices! / The Best Fashion design school in Nigeria / Various Brands Of Weavons,wigs,and Attachments At Affordable Prices.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.