Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Ebenezer Babatope @78: How Obasanjo Lied Against Me, Dismissed Me From Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebenezer Babatope @78: How Obasanjo Lied Against Me, Dismissed Me From Service (570 Views)

Ebenezer Babatope: I Asked Jonathan Not To Hand Over To Buhari In 2015 / Ebenezer Babatope: Trump Impeachment, Lesson To Leaders That Power Is Transient / Ebenezer Babatope: Jonathan Will Regret Working For APC's Victory In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebenezer Babatope @78: How Obasanjo Lied Against Me, Dismissed Me From Service by nairavsdollars(f): 8:50am On Jan 27, 2021
Chief Ebenezer Babatope, a former Minister of Transport during the late General Sani Abacha’s military regime has expressed sadness over the refusal of the federal government to pay him his retirement benefits despite putting in years of meritorious service to the country.
Babatope who clocked 78 today said former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who was Militart Head of State during the period unjustly dismissed him as a Senior Assistant Registrar (Students Affairs) in the University of Lagos (UNILAG) .
According to the chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) , the then Military Government accused him of supporting students against the government during the ‘Ali Must Go’ saga of April 1978.

"My major regret is my unjust dismissal from the University of Lagos (UNILAG) by General Olusegun Obasanjo without any retirement benefit till date. Obasanjo dismissed me from the services of the University of Lagos in 1978 as a result of the “Ali must go” demonstrations of Nigerian students in 1978”.

“I was accused of supporting students against the government when the late Segun Okeowo led the students for reforms in Nigeria’s educational system. The Governing Council of the university later met in November of that same year to turn my dismissal to retirement”.

The university later sent my papers to merge my services with the then Ministry of Establishment which was then under the late Brigadier-General Solomon Kikiowo Omojokun.  I am not blaming Omojokun but today at 78, I served my country meritoriously as a public servant but today, I have no established mark from the federal government to say this is what I have done”.
“I am still bitter because nobody has paid me a single kobo after my services to the university as retirement benefits. No one has done that till date” he said.
When asked why he has not lodged protests at the university over the issue, Babatope, Director of Organization of the Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) in the Second Republic said
“I have done that several times through the Governing Council then. My uncle who was the registrar then had also made some representations on my behalf but nothing came out of them. And he is dead”.

“All the people connected to it one way or the other are all dead. It was subsumed in the arbitrariness of military dictatorship. Every effort made has come to naught".

https://www.independent.ng/my-regret-at-78-former-minister-ebenezer-babatope/

Re: Ebenezer Babatope @78: How Obasanjo Lied Against Me, Dismissed Me From Service by Niyeal(m): 8:54am On Jan 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Ebenezer Babatope @78: How Obasanjo Lied Against Me, Dismissed Me From Service by Freestainworld(m): 8:55am On Jan 27, 2021
If it is Tach or Nengi, they will recognise them grin
Re: Ebenezer Babatope @78: How Obasanjo Lied Against Me, Dismissed Me From Service by yinkus6750(m): 9:20am On Jan 27, 2021
OBJ, like or hate him, his a strong man
That's the kind of leader that fits the nation.
Made more enemies than friends.
But he doesn't care.

2 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Babatope @78: How Obasanjo Lied Against Me, Dismissed Me From Service by sweetonugbu: 10:37am On Jan 27, 2021
A worker deserved his wage
Re: Ebenezer Babatope @78: How Obasanjo Lied Against Me, Dismissed Me From Service by bolaayenimo: 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
he contributed to the mess in the country
yinkus6750:
OBJ, like or hate him, his a strong man
That's the kind of leader that fits the nation.
Made more enemies than friends.
But he doesn't care.

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Babatope @78: How Obasanjo Lied Against Me, Dismissed Me From Service by Mayng01(m): 6:36pm On Jan 27, 2021
Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Scores Killed As Bandits Open Fire On Commuters Along Kaduna-birnin Gwari Road / Fulanis In Gombe Mobilise To Attack Tangale Indigenes Over Leadership Tussle / Stop Buying Expensive Phones For Your Children, Kano Hisbah Tells Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.