Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,523 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Any Northerner Here To Explain This? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any Northerner Here To Explain This? (6207 Views)

Bode George: PDP Will Be In The Thrash If A Northerner Gets 2027 Ticket / Magu To Explain Link With Bureau-de-change Over N336B, $435M, & €14M / Nnia Nwodo: Any Igbo That Touches A Northerner Should Kill Me First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by tamdun: 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
Mikecold:
More helpful to northern christians Bible God isn't allah (aka Baal)

Even Muslims sef fail to understand their supposed god never introduced itself as allah.

It was Mohamed whom connoted the name allah for it after his so many encounters with the quresh tribe that worshipped baal
Continue with the lie, well done
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by Hisduchess(f): 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2021
BusinessCity:
To confuse naive people

Ubangiji is God and not Allah. Allah is a creation of man to follow a strange set of ungodly rules contrary to God.

If people delve deep into the origin of the word Allah, you'll be shocked to see its root deep in Baal, pro-government time idol King. Ba-al which was wrongly asserted as a straightforward word Baal.

Bro this your comment off me like NEPA grin grin grin
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by tamdun: 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2021
BusinessCity:

Emotional rant

I gave you 4000 years of mankind history your clerics don't even know

Go do your deep research through non religious studies. You'll find your answers there

Bye
Baal does not translate to God in Arab, do more research

1 Like

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by Shimran(m): 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2021
Sammy07:
I have noticed the word Ubangiji is almost (if not) going into extinction.

Hausa word for God is Ubangiji. Even google self made mistake.

Reason behind them using Allah, I don't know when Allah Is purely an Arabic word.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/1184912-names-god-hausa-language-meanings.html

Any northerner here to explain why Ubangiji and Allah are used as a substitute above?

Ubangiji (Male)

Uwargiji (Female)

Whereas their translation means Lord' in English. Its known whether in English or Hausa, the above words (lord, uwargiji and ubangiji) can be referred to God, human, male or female and is countable noun( I.e has plural form)

To cut it short majority of Hausa are Muslims. 'ALLAH' can neither be plurarised nor be referred to female sex, and is mainly referred to as the only one God, no any other form of comparative. As SHIRK (associating other things with God is the biggest sin in islam)

Reason the Hausa's prefer the word Allah to God, to go against association of partner to him.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by triple996(m): 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2021
Shimran:

Ubangiji (Male)

Uwargiji (Female)

Whereas their translation means Lord' in English. Its known whether in English or Hausa, the above words (lord, uwargiji and ubangiji) can be referred to God, human, male or female and is countable noun( I.e has plural form)

To cut it short majority of Hausa are Muslims. 'ALLAH' can neither be plurarised nor be referred to female sex, and is mainly referred to as the only one God, no any other form of comparative. As SHIRK (associating other things with God is the biggest sin in islam)

Reason the Hausa's prefer the word Allah to God, to go against association of partner to him.

Thank you
Best comment of these thrend so far
One bottle of cold stout 4 u jare

2 Likes

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by Sammy07: 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
Shimran:

Ubangiji (Male)

Uwargiji (Female)

Thank you

Thanks for the explaination

3 Likes

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by BusinessCity: 1:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
Hisduchess:

Bro this your comment off me like NEPA grin grin grin

Glad I made you smile today cheesy

1 Like

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by Prosperchuks1344(m): 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2021
yorubarere:

Yoruba still use Olorun/Oluwa very well
Igbo still use Chineke

Hausa lost their identities to Arabian culture transmitted to them by Fulani. Fulani conquered them eternally.

I understand that Olorun/Oluwa means God, but is there any other meaning attached to it? I just wanna know...

For example....

Igbos call God Chukwu and Chineke...

Chukwu/Chi-ukwu meaning Big God...
Chineke/Chukwuokike meaning God the Creator...

1 Like

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by yorubarere: 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2021
Prosperchuks1344:

I understand that Olorun/Oluwa means God, but is there any other meaning attached to it? I just wanna know...

For example....

Igbos call God Chukwu and Chineke...

Chukwu/Chi-ukwu meaning Big God...
Chineke/Chukwuokike meaning God the Creator...
Olorun.... Someone who owns the Skye.
Oluwa.... Someone who owns everything.

1 Like

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by BabbanBura(m): 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2021
Sammy07:
I have noticed the word Ubangiji is almost (if not) going into extinction.

Hausa word for God is Ubangiji. Even google self made mistake.

Reason behind them using Allah, I don't know when Allah Is purely an Arabic word.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/1184912-names-god-hausa-language-meanings.html

Any northerner here to explain why Ubangiji and Allah are used as a substitute above?

Ubangiji doesn't mean God. It means Lord

1 Like

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by Samunique(m): 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
yorubarere:

I hope Hausa can rise one day and take their rightful place in the scheme of things.
For where?

Water Don pass garri for them !!!
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by Prosperchuks1344(m): 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2021
yorubarere:
Olorun.... Someone who owns the Skye. Oluwa.... Someone who owns everything.
ok thanks..
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by Prosperchuks1344(m): 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2021
yorubarere:
Olorun.... Someone who owns the Skye. Oluwa.... Someone who owns everything.
ok thanks..
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by kilonshele101(m): 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2021
Mikecold:
Abdul you have history knowledge to an extent even though it's limited.

First of all, this God never told anyone his name is expressly Allah, unlike the God of Moses who expressly said his name is Jehovah.

If Allah is just a mere Arabic word for supreme God what stops Hausa Muslims from calling their God Ugbagiji which is the same meaning as Allah in arabic, same thing with Olorun from Yoruba Muslims etc.

What's the big deal about using Arabic translation since this God never called himself this?

If God is omnipresent and all knowing he wouldn't be bounded by a specific language.

As you said Muhammad had several dealings with the quresh tribe it's on record he was a man who formulated/fused anything just to get support including telling Jews/Christian's he believed they worshipped the true God except that he must be worshipped by his description (a religion that existed thousands of years before him)

He didn't destroy the quresh pagan gods he only tried unifying them into one because they were too many.

Quresh tribe worshipped so many idols and baal worshippers were in majority (Baal was oldest having been in ancient Mesopotamia)

Mohamed destroyed hundreds of idols except three which includes Baal and the three goddess.

He said these three goddess are intersesors to God and he bowed and worshiped them including the whole quresh tribe who felt honoured and exited to have unified goddesses (Mohamed trying to copy Christianity Trinity as usual)

Baal was still very much in the current kabba site, Mohamed didn't destroy it and the Quresh tribe used to go there and circle the altar of Baal and kiss it's altar for fertility, part of this ritual was they always circled it naked.

Mohamed later came to apologise that he was tricked by the devil and that the three goddess were never intersesors to God (this was after his borrowed interpretation of one God yet three could not be substantiated ).

So he destroyed the three altars of the goddess, came to the altar of baal, chased the quresh worshippers and called that altar the house of god (notice that where-ever is considered sacred to the people around him he fabricates a story on his connection to the place i.e the temple mount in Jerusalem).

Mohamed essentially evicted the quresh tribe from the kaabah for polluting the house with unclothedness, he fabricated a story on how Abraham and his son had been there before (mind you Abraham only sojourn was leaving his father's house in U'r to Cannan and never at anytime went to the Arabian deserts for anything)

Mohamed erected on the altar of baal and proclaimed it the "house" of allah his new one god, he retained the quresh ritual of cycling/kissing the altar aka "house of allah".

Today that same ancient Baal is now Allah the same altar of Baal the Qureshi idol which is forced down African, middle eastern Muslims throat

They can't ask simple questions like what concerns a supreme omnipresent God with a stone altar before forgiveness and intersection is made.

They can't ask the significance of kissing a specific black stone a mere creation of God to an omnipresent God

They can't ask why Muslims are patterned to address an omnipresent God in the limited language, practice of the arabs

I wonder where you get what you wrote up there from. grin you wicked

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 27, 2021
kilonshele101:

I wonder where you get what you wrote up there from. grin you wicked
A combination of Islamic hadits written by early muslims, historical evidence which are verified.

You are bringing Britannia and Wikipedia that is a political correctness online website which any d1ck and Harry can update

Tracing allah to arabs is not the question, the question is how the arabs (ancient quresh) came up with the word allah
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by kilonshele101(m): 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
Mikecold:
A combination of Islamic hadits written by early muslims, historical evidence which are verified.

You are bringing Britannia and Wikipedia that is a political correctness online website which any d1ck and Harry can update

1 Like

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by kilonshele101(m): 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2021
Mikecold:

You can do well by providing a link or at least a pictorial evidence of your claim

1 Like

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by salam8528: 2:47pm On Jan 27, 2021
BusinessCity:
To confuse naive people

Ubangiji is God and not Allah. Allah is a creation of man to follow a strange set of ungodly rules contrary to God.

If people delve deep into the origin of the word Allah, you'll be shocked to see its root deep in Baal, pro-government time idol King. Ba-al which was wrongly asserted as a straightforward word Baal.
U are saying what u know not facts. So u are entitled to ur opinion, u can as well shove it under ur ass.

1 Like

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by salam8528: 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2021
Samunique:
For where?

Water Don pass garri for them !!!
It baffles me when slave call others slave. U guys are funny
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2021
[quote author=kilonshele101 post=98493072][/quote] Arab world didn't start from 16th century

Yes some Arab Christian's cum Northern Christian's use the word allah to refer to their God in error due to the Muslim majority culture which they assimilate into
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by mcjohny(m): 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
@gofuckyourself what do you have to say
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by Pecuman: 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
BusinessCity:
To confuse naive people

Allah is simply Arabic for God. But since almost all Arabs are Muslim and they make all Muslims learn and use Arabic when praying, it is usually taken to mean the Muslim God is specifics.
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by IamAtikulate: 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
Sammy07:

I think you're wrong in your last sentence. Allah is an Arabic word for God as Olorun is a Yoruba word for God
Arabic name for god is ilah. Al'lah means the god.
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by Pecuman: 2:53pm On Jan 27, 2021
BabbanBura:

Do you know the actual Hausa word for God?
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by HelpYourself(m): 2:53pm On Jan 27, 2021
mcjohny:
@gofuckyourself what do you have to say

Like I always say our creator has many names based on culture and tradition of the people

smiley

What is most important is worshipping him in truth and living as good a life as possible through good deeds

3 Likes

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2021
kilonshele101:

You can do well by providing a link or at least a pictorial evidence of your claim
If you don't know about the three goddess as a Muslim i don't think i have time to lecture you.

Btw let me just give you on your same Wikipedia cos i don't have time to lecture you in depth

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by mcjohny(m): 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
GofuckYourself:

Like I always say our creator has many names based on culture and tradition of the people

smiley

What is most important is worshipping him in truth and living as good a life as possible through good deeds
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by kilonshele101(m): 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2021
Mikecold:
If you don't know about the three goddess as a Muslim i don't think i have time to lecture you.

Btw let me just give you on your same Wikipedia cos i don't have time to lecture you in depth

Lol

I thought you are even wiser, you need a refund from your school for you not to understand the meaning of alleged that was used throughout the extract you posted.

I asked you to provide an evidence, at least you saw it from somewhere that's more credible than Wikipedia.

I also urge you to read the real book "satanic verses" by Salman Rushdie, that should help you understand extract you posted better, coz you obviously don't.

1 Like

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by triple996(m): 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2021
BabbanBura:

shocked shocked shocked shocked. Am I d only one seeing these
Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by kilonshele101(m): 3:30pm On Jan 27, 2021
Mikecold:

And how come you missed these
You should worry about the credibility as an historian that you're claiming to be

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by soohib(m): 3:40pm On Jan 27, 2021
Mikecold:
Abdul you have history knowledge to an extent even though it's limited.

First of all, this God never told anyone his name is expressly Allah, unlike the God of Moses who expressly said his name is Jehovah.

If Allah is just a mere Arabic word for supreme God what stops Hausa Muslims from calling their God Ugbagiji which is the same meaning as Allah in arabic, same thing with Olorun from Yoruba Muslims etc.

What's the big deal about using Arabic translation since this God never called himself this?

If God is omnipresent and all knowing he wouldn't be bounded by a specific language.

As you said Muhammad had several dealings with the quresh tribe it's on record he was a man who formulated/fused anything just to get support including telling Jews/Christian's he believed they worshipped the true God except that he must be worshipped by his description (a religion that existed thousands of years before him)

He didn't destroy the quresh pagan gods he only tried unifying them into one because they were too many.

Quresh tribe worshipped so many idols and baal worshippers were in majority (Baal was oldest having been in ancient Mesopotamia)

Mohamed destroyed hundreds of idols except three which includes Baal and the three goddess.

He said these three goddess are intersesors to God and he bowed and worshiped them including the whole quresh tribe who felt honoured and exited to have unified goddesses (Mohamed trying to copy Christianity Trinity as usual)

Baal was still very much in the current kabba site, Mohamed didn't destroy it and the Quresh tribe used to go there and circle the altar of Baal and kiss it's altar for fertility, part of this ritual was they always circled it naked.

Mohamed later came to apologise that he was tricked by the devil and that the three goddess were never intersesors to God (this was after his borrowed interpretation of one God yet three could not be substantiated ).

So he destroyed the three altars of the goddess, came to the altar of baal, chased the quresh worshippers and called that altar the house of god (notice that where-ever is considered sacred to the people around him he fabricates a story on his connection to the place i.e the temple mount in Jerusalem).

Mohamed essentially evicted the quresh tribe from the kaabah for polluting the house with unclothedness, he fabricated a story on how Abraham and his son had been there before (mind you Abraham only sojourn was leaving his father's house in U'r to Cannan and never at anytime went to the Arabian deserts for anything)

Mohamed erected on the altar of baal and proclaimed it the "house" of allah his new one god, he retained the quresh ritual of cycling/kissing the altar aka "house of allah".

Today that same ancient Baal is now Allah the same altar of Baal the Qureshi idol which is forced down African, middle eastern Muslims throat

They can't ask simple questions like what concerns a supreme omnipresent God with a stone altar before forgiveness and intersection is made.

They can't ask the significance of kissing a specific black stone a mere creation of God to an omnipresent God

They can't ask why Muslims are patterned to address an omnipresent God in the limited language, practice of the arabs

You may type (Qur'an 20 verse 14) on Google to clear some of your doubts.

1 Like

Re: Any Northerner Here To Explain This? by poiunt: 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
Olorun - the sky god
Chineke - the sky god
Allah - arabic word for God
ubangiji - lord

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is APGA As A Political Party Ready For The Elections In Enugu Come 2023? / INEC Chairman, Wike And Fayose And Others Included In USA Visa Ban / LASG Holds Session With Muslim, Christian Leaders On Noise Pollution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.