Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? (2088 Views)

Revealing Documentary On Nigeria's Fashion Industry / How Much Is Nigeria Fashion Industry Worth / The Nigerian Fashion Industry - what prospects For Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by kandiikane(m): 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2011
I am a fashion student and about to go Uni but before I do I want to do abit of a work experience in the summer holidays, you know to learn about the fashion industry in Africa( possibly nigeria). I would like to be based in Africa when I said my business and  also to get contacts. If anyone knows of anyone in Naija(possibly Abuja) who works in the fashion industry and as their website, facebook or some way I can contact them please do not hesitate to comment.
   Please they have to be genuine not yeye business. Thanks alot  smiley
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2011
Ruff n Tumble, sofisticat,
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by kandiikane(m): 2:06pm On Apr 04, 2011
Do you have their websites?
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 04, 2011
It not good to downgrade people,s businesses,which one is yeye business.The fashion and grament industry in Nigeria is underdeveloped.so dont say that atleast they are doing something,there was a time fashion people were seen as not to good.
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by kandiikane(m): 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
Do not get me wrong I said yeye business because I do not want posters posting rubbish on this thread,

I am sure If I did not think nigeria was up to it in the fashion industry I would not have chosen there to do my work experience,
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2011
just google ruff n tumble and put Nigeria infront, sofiticat as well, odua creations, vivid imagination,Adebayo note etc.where did you study?
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by kandiikane(m): 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
Alright kl, Thanks, Uk
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2011
Here are Nigeria's top ten fashionist / Tailors / designers. they are in no particular order.

MUDI -
http://www.mudionline.com/index.htm

DAKOVA -
82 Brickfield Street,
Ebute-Metta, Lagos .

FRANK OSHODI
Address: 52/54, Adelabu Road Surulere Lagos
Mobile: +234 (0)803 325 7711

MAUFECHI
House of Maufechi
African Wears
Address: 2 Agbaoku Street, Opebi Road Ikeja
Phone: +234 1 4932706, 4700667, 7648885, 0803 3080727

ZIZI
http://www.zizicardow.com/runaway.php

REMI LAGOS
http://www.remilagos.com

HALLERO
Address: 32, Oba Akran Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.
Phone: +234 1 7204432, 08033081028

MOMO COUTURE
http://www.momostyles.com/

MON-AMI

DEOLA SAGOE
http://www.deolasagoedesign.com/
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
Dakova
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
so where did you school?
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by kandiikane(m): 5:23pm On Apr 04, 2011
Thanks guys smiley

School? which one Secondary school, college University? I am about to go to university,
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2011
I meant where did you learn fashion ?
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by kandiikane(m): 5:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
Ohh, In london
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2011
okay.
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2011
I wish you Goodluck
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by kandiikane(m): 5:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
Thank you smiley
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
ruf and tumble suplies to wall mart in the states ,so its nice to learn many things from sewing to marketing,branding,and export.you need to go international.
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Nobody: 1:52am On Apr 07, 2011
well,kandiikaine,if you wish to learn about fashion ideas,i could lend u a hand and have you get creative as i have a small fashion outfit-Oussce.I am a designer and showbiz person.send an email to oussce@hotmail.co.uk.Let's see what you have.
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by kandiikane(m): 1:55am On Apr 07, 2011
samme:

well,kandiikaine,if you wish to learn about fashion ideas,i could lend u a hand and have you get creative as i have a small fashion outfit-Oussce.I am a designer and showbiz person.send an email to oussce@hotmail.co.uk.Let's see what you have.

Alright, do you have a website?
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Nobody: 4:53am On Apr 12, 2011
Yep,kandikane,a web page of 'Oussce clothing 'on facebook.
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by EzzyIzzy: 8:11pm On Apr 23, 2011
Hello Samme,
I have a friend who is very creative but needs to learn about designing and the fashion industry. She has a lot of potential. Please will it be ok if I ask her to contact you?
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Jenifa1: 2:53am On Apr 25, 2011
kandiikane, what fashion school did you attend in london?
and what aspect of fashion did you learn about? modelling? or clothes designing? etc
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by kandiikane(m): 2:55am On Apr 25, 2011
West herts college. I learnt womenswear but I do model
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by Jenifa1: 3:02am On Apr 25, 2011
I'm pretty sure there are many african fashion designers based in UK that you can apprentice with. You don't need to move to Africa to do that unless you are planning to move anyway then I will suggest you find designers based in the UK and use their connection to meet someone in Nigeria/ other parts of Africa you're thinking of.
Re: Getting Work Experience In A Fashion Industry? by kandiikane(m): 3:11am On Apr 25, 2011
I am travelling to nigeria in the summer anyways so I decided to just do the work experience there. I would like to be based in Africa later that is why I want to see what its like to work in that particular fashion industry.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Ladies Can You Rock These "Invisible" Panties Made Of Plastic Straps? / Fabulous Aso Bei Styles 2017 You Cant Resist; See Pics / Natural Hair Fast Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.