Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

I Am The Governor In Waiting – Ogboru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am The Governor In Waiting – Ogboru (1441 Views)

Delta Election Tribunal Throws Out Ogboru's Case Against Okowa / Political Cartoon: Buhari The Snail, A Nation In Waiting - Sahara Reporters / Uduaghan Versus Ogboru In Another Court Battle Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am The Governor In Waiting – Ogboru by eliteweb(m): 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
http://spynewsng.com/

Chief Great Ovedje Ogboru, the DPP candidate or the April general election in Delta has asserted that he is the next governor in waiting.

He made the claim in Agbor, Friday, March 11th during the flag off of his gubernatorial campaign.

The event which held at the open field behind College of Education, Agbor in Ika South LGA attracted a mammoth crowd of distinguished personalities who sang, danced and chorused, “Ogboru you are the people’s choice.”

The campaign train was received by the state DPP chairman, Chief Fidelis Tilije and Chief Frank Kokori among others at 3:15pm.

The order of arrival of those who graced the occasion ran thus: House of Assembly candidates arrived first to receive candidates for the House of Reps who in turn received candidates for the Senate. The Senators to be received the State Chairman of the party who in turn welcome the deputy governor and the combine dignitaries received the governorship candidate at 3:15pm.

Delegates from the 25 LGAs across the state were represented at the occasion. Chief Tony Ezeagwu took time to greet all members of the DPP in their various canopies expressing gratitude to them for their support during the January 6, rerun election. He used the opportunity to charge all Deltans to reaffirm their support to the party in the April general elections.

Taking turn to speak, Chief Frank Kokori also commended the support Deltans gave to the DPP during the January 6, rerun election saying that the “People’s General” will be sworn in as governor before May 29, based on the expected outcome of the election petition before the tribunal in respect of the January 6, rerun election because “we have very weighty evidence to prove that the DPP won the rerun election.”

He said the PDP was declared winner of the rerun election due to the instrument of INEC that rigged the election in favour of Dr. Emmanuel Uduagahn.

“What the DPP lost through the instrument of INEC will be reclaimed by the full force of law as our evidence is authentic to reclaim the mandate in court” he assured.

Mr. Olisa emeka Akamubale, the deputy national chairman of the DPP at the rostrum then presented the party flag to Chief Great Ovedje Ogboru as the flag bearer of the DPP in the April governorship race in Delta State.

He also declared the commencement of campaigns by the DPP various elective positions open.

“I am here again to end the Ibori/Uduaghan bad government” Ogboru said when he began to speak.

He identified voters’ registration as the major problem that militated against Deltans in the rerun election. But assured that by the opportunity provided Deltans during the recent registration exercise, the DPP will claim all elective posts in Delta State.

“Even the fish in the river who voted Uduaghan during the just concluded rerun election will only vote Uduaghan to govern them in the marine world and not on this earth again.”

He advised governor Uduaghan to join the DPP so that together they could move Delta State forward.

He later presented flags to candidates in the various elective positions starting from the Senate the House of Reps to House of Assembly and excepting those candidates whose candidacy is yet to be determined by the courts.

He said the DPP has respect for court order and will do what is right when the cases have been decided by the courts, assuring that when that was done, such candidates would receive the full support of the party.
Re: I Am The Governor In Waiting – Ogboru by otokx(m): 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2011
He should try and map out a strategy to gather votes in the 3 Warri local governments or else he will loose again to the so called fish he claims voted.
Re: I Am The Governor In Waiting – Ogboru by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^^
True talk
Re: I Am The Governor In Waiting – Ogboru by Stogwu123: 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2011
I hav ful confident dat he's next gov of delta. If d election is nt rigged again. A very popular personality
Re: I Am The Governor In Waiting – Ogboru by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 05, 2011
[move]OGBORU 2011[/move]

(1) (Reply)

Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures / Crisis In The Northern Nigeria / Boko Haram Dares Sss - You Can Only Bark You Cant Bite * Kaduna Is Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.