Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Trump-like Nebuchadnezzar - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Trump-like Nebuchadnezzar (301 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trump-like Nebuchadnezzar by martinzkingin: 9:18pm On Jan 27, 2021
CAVALIER
(TRUMP-LIKE NEBUCHADNEZZAR)

From the mouth of the historian who worked in the ancient Jerusalem museum. The History of King Nebuchadnezzar II .

The king Nebuchadnezzar was a warior king, rebuilder of cities and a musical muse.
He was the greatest military leader of the Neo-Babylonian empire. He ruled from 605 – 562 BCE in the area around the Tigris-Euphrates basin. His leadership saw numerous military successes and the construction of building works such as the famous Ishtar Gate. The famous Ishtar Gate, part of the processional way leading into the heart of the city, was constructed under Nebuchadnezzar’s rule, and is dedicated to him. The walls were decorated with images of lions, the sacred animal of Ishtar, goddess of love.

His political reign witnessed many great successes, he was the first king to initiate the climate change policy establishing the late iron age symbol that saw the end of the mighty Assyrian empire around 609 BCE.

My principal built the strongest military at that time, they fought many wars, exerted their super powers over the Egyptian empire whom had formed a coalition with the west to capture and overthrow him.

Nebuchadnezzar was commited to rebuilding Babylon after it had been freed from Assyrian rule. He turned the city into one that was famed for its opulence and majesty throughout the ancient world.

In the areas of tourism, Babylon became one of the most patronized tourist attraction of the world at that time. Nebuchadnezzar built the mysterious Hatnging gardens of Babylon as a gift for his wife Amuhia. Till date, they remain some of the greatest wonders of the world.

In the area of construction, king Nebuchadnezzar, enlarged the royal palace, including in it a public museum, possibly the world's first. His administration built and repaired temples, built a bridge over the Euphrates, and constructed a grand processional boulevard decorated with gem stones.

As good as his administration was, Nebuchadnezzar had a lot of shortcomings. Babylon was not an established empire, Nebuchadnezzar's father Nabopolassar captured the kingdom forcefully and put them under dictatorship rule. Nebuchadnezzar, instead of promoting freedom, captured more territories to enlarge his territory (Syria and Phoenicia were brought under the control of Babylon). Nebuchadnezzar did not stop there, instead of building bridges, he built walls, his attention was devoted to subduing his eastern and northern borders, and in 595/4 BC there was a serious but brief rebellion in Babylon itself.

According to Jeremiah, he was a destroyer of nations , he looted and destroyed the temple. He captured many Hebrews, took their youths into slavery, to pay for his building projects and to maintain his army, Nebuchadnezzar had to collect very high taxes and tributes.
However, before his fall Nebuchadnezzar was warned against his actions. He saw his kingdom taken away from him in a dream. After all said and done, King Nebuchadnezzar became sick, he was diagnosed of boanthropy, a disease that made him down on all fours chewing grass. Boanthropy is a psychological disorder in which the sufferer believes he or she is a cow or ox. Some said he suffered mental disorder. All this happened to King Nebuchadnezzar. Just twelve months after the interpretation of his dream, he was walking on the balcony of the royal palace in Babylon and boasted, “Look at this, Babylon the great! And I built it all by myself, a royal palace adequate to display my honour and glory!” The words were no sooner out of his mouth than a voice out of heaven spoke, “This is the verdict on you, King Nebuchadnezzar: Your kingdom is taken from you. You will be driven out of human company and live with the wild animals. You will eat grass like an ox". Nebuchadnezzar fell, the moment he boasted about his achievements and lost his sanity. (Daniel 4). That was the beginning of a disgraceful end of king Nebuchadnezzar.

In a Trump-like Nebuchadnezzar manner, we witnessed how a world leader was disgraced out of power recently. Despite his successes, he had shortcomings and allowed pride to pull him down.
Trump-like Nebuchadnezzar had taken credit himself for thousands of accomplishments. There was a time this former president said “I am your voice. I alone can fix it. I will restore law and order” while speaking against other nations. Trump-like Nebuchadnezzar had claimed he is “great and unmatched” in his wisdom. “As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I have done it before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over…”
At many instances Trump-like Nebuchadnezzar had described himself as the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he said he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world…and the Jewish people in Israel love him…. like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God…But American Jews do not know him nor like him. They do not even know what they are doing nor saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that is OK, if he keeps doing what he is doing…”

In the end, he was disgraced out of the white house. That is how history will remember him. "Before honuor is humility", we were told by Proverbs 15:33. It is a lesson, sadly, he never learned. And, as a result, his name will live in infamy as synonymous with dishonor and delusion.
This Trump-like Nebuchadnezzar is a lesson to us all. Man wants money, power and fame but man should never equate himself with God or assume God’s glory.
We as believers should detest the pompous boasting to take glory for ourselves in our accomplishments. These boasts are forms of propaganda to pull believers away from the praises that belong to our God alone. Presidents are not our saviours, of anything.

Take away anything that will make me assume myself bigger than you.
Take away anything that will intoxicate me with pride.
Like king Nebuchadnezzar, Like King Herod, like king Cyrus.
God detest pride and shuns anyone who places himself arrogantly before him or attempt to share his glory.

Martins Adedeji
Please share

Re: Trump-like Nebuchadnezzar by gratefulheart(m): 9:55pm On Jan 27, 2021
Buhari is Pharaoh : smiley

(1) (Reply)

Donate Your Powerpoint Presentation Slides / Gramarly Premium Account Needed. / Adam's Roar (Children's Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.