Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,559 members, 7,850,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:50 AM

Despite Testing Fewer People, Nigeria Records More New Cases, Deaths - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Despite Testing Fewer People, Nigeria Records More New Cases, Deaths (110 Views)

Nigeria records two new coronavirus cases — toll now 44 / Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 / Coronavirus: 4 New Cases In Lagos, Nigeria Confirmed By State Ministry Of Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Despite Testing Fewer People, Nigeria Records More New Cases, Deaths by Surridger: 2:26am On Jan 28, 2021
Although Nigeria conducted fewer COVID-19 tests last week than the previous week, the country still recorded more new cases and deaths, official data shows.
According to a PREMIUM TIMES’ review of data provided by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), 11, 659 persons tested positive for the virus last week (January 17- 23) , which is 18 per cent higher than the previous week’s record of 9,880.
Further analysis showed that the increase occurred despite the fact that the public health agency tested 87,092 people in the past week, lower than the 128,578 tests carried out in the preceding week.
Since the pandemic broke out in February last year, the country has carried out 1,241,230 tests.
Also, although over 10,000 COVID-19 patients recovered and were discharged from isolation centres across Nigeria last week, the number of those on admission increased.
In the previous week (January 10-16), this newspaper reported that 22,156 COVID-19 patients were being treated at the isolation centres after 5,950 patients had recovered and were discharged.
However, last week (January 17- 23), 10,534 patients were discharged, almost 100 per cent increase compared to the previous week’s record.
But this large increase in the number of patients who recovered from the infection did not reduce the number of those currently on admission as the country still has 23,933 patients receiving treatments.
The only plausible reason for this is the significant increase in the number of new COVID-19 infections recorded last week.
Re: Despite Testing Fewer People, Nigeria Records More New Cases, Deaths by habsydiamond(m): 7:04am On Jan 28, 2021
I wont say much because if I talk na my Oga at the top will say is another one and ban me for days... To me only God knows

(1) (Reply)

Ganduje Rules Out School Closure Amid COVID- 19 Surge / 4 Tips About Prostatitis Conditioning And Nursing Yourself At Home / No Vaccine Will Be Brought To Nigeria Without Certification – NPHCDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.