Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,585 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} (3616 Views)

Why Lion Is The King Of The Beasts [shocking Photos Speak] / BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles / Plastic Bottles Used To Pay School Fees At Morit International School, Ajegunle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by ashybabs(m): 6:45am On Jan 28, 2021
A Nigerian man has built a house in Kaduna using 14,800 sand-filled plastic bottles as...

A Nigerian man has built a house in Kaduna using 14,800 sand-filled plastic bottles as bricks.

The man identified as Yahaya Ahmed, an engineer and the director of a non-governmental organisation, Developmental Association of Renewable Energies in Nigeria (DARE), explained the house was built by his organisation to encourage recycling of waste materials.

He added the initiative deserves to be encouraged as it would also create jobs and ensure a safer environment for all in Nigeria.

Ahmed said workers filled the plastic bottles with sand and linked them at the neck by an intricate network of strings to build the house, which he said is the first of its kind in sub-Saharan Africa.

Said he: "It’s the cheapest house that everyone can construct without spending much money because the building materials are available on the streets and trash dump centres,” he told journalists at the site located at unguwar -Yalwa on the Kaduna Zaria road.

According to him, the plastic house has three rooms, a toilet and a kitchen.

He said: "The house is 20 times stronger than brick walls houses and can last for over 300 years if constructed properly and carefully. It is fireproof, bulletproof, earthquake-resistant and can adapt to all kinds of climate changes, desertification and deforestation.

“It is the cheapest house to build in this generation with waste plastic bottles on the streets polluting our environment and causing more problems like flood and other disasters in the communities," Ahmed said.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by habsydiamond(m): 6:51am On Jan 28, 2021
Nice one thou.. Are u sure it a house... Cos of the window makes it look like something else oo... Titi help me ask am Wetin him build.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by falcon01: 6:59am On Jan 28, 2021
yanabasee1:
This kind of creativity was supposed to have come into their head as at 1790... Not in today's centuries.....

When people are coming out with great innovation to change the modern facilities....

Backwardness!!!
I disagree with you, this is creative this is art!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 28, 2021
He said: "The house is 20 times stronger than brick walls houses and can last for over 300 years if constructed properly and carefully. It is fireproof, bulletproof, earthquake-resistant and can adapt to all kinds of climate changes, desertification and deforestation.

Upcoming Lai Mohammed
The only award this man should recieve should be Liar of the century
Knight of Saint MuLIEba
Ah ah
My phone don crack.
Ogbontarigi oniro

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by yanabasee1(m): 7:04am On Jan 28, 2021
falcon01:

This is creative and I said it's obsolete.....

We have gone pass building mud houses for the whites to keep seeing Africa as stone age era.....

Be more creative and building something upstanding....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by Deborah98(f): 7:15am On Jan 28, 2021
Creative though... Northerners are creative and innovative with the few things I've seen them make.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by Zeion422(m): 7:31am On Jan 28, 2021
This is the future of Nigeria.....while other country are done with skyscraper, wat a backward nation
Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 28, 2021
Na wah
Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by SEGLIZ: 7:58am On Jan 28, 2021
yanabasee1:

This is creative and I said it's obsolete.....

We have gone pass building mud houses for the whites to keep seeing Africa as stone age era.....

Be more creative and building something upstanding....

this creativity and not obsolete, if a white man has done this you will applaud it but just for its a Nigerian you're condemning it.
you awkward please.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by SEGLIZ: 8:00am On Jan 28, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Upcoming Lai Mohammed
The only award this man should recieve should be Liar of the century
Knight of Saint MuLIEba
Ah ah
My phone don crack.
Ogbontarigi oniro

can you just keep it quiet over what you can't affirm.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 28, 2021
SEGLIZ:

can you just keep it quiet over what you can't affirm.
WO ogbeni leave me jare. Did I mention you when I made my comment? If you want to throw jabs look for someone else nitori oloun. Telling me to keep it quiet.

Even the wall of Benin didn't last 300 years.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by yanabasee1(m): 9:00am On Jan 28, 2021
SEGLIZ:

this creativity and not obsolete, if a white man has done this you will applaud it but just for its a Nigerian you're condemning it.
you awkward please.

Oga, this is obsolete and backward....

To move forward with development, We need to revolutionize our ideas and create something or remodel what we have at hand...

Packing plastic bottles to fill it up with muds and making a house and fence with it is backward and not creative....

From tree houses, to bamboo stick houses, to mud houses to block houses and we are going back to mud house with plastics as something creative?

Do you even have a functional brain at all?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by ashybabs(m): 9:04am On Jan 28, 2021
which one u done do?
yanabasee1:

To move forward with development, We need to revolutionize our ideas and create something or remodel what we have at hand...

Packing plastic bottles to fill it up with muds and making a house and fence with it is backward and not creative....

From tree houses, to bamboo stick houses, to mud houses to block houses and we are going back to mud house with plastics as something creative?

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by CookingPot(f): 9:11am On Jan 28, 2021
falcon01:

Creativity is meant to save resources and reduce stress. I am sure he expended more resources at filling those plastics with sand and still buying cement to make the structure solid.

All the same he has done his own and I am sure it will give him joy which is good

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by oluwatoyosi8755: 10:24am On Jan 28, 2021
This is the future of Nigeria.....while other country are done with skyscraper, wat a backward nation
Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by triple996(m): 10:48am On Jan 28, 2021
Waooo
Some Nigerians will come here to criticize it. Bt when it was done in other countries,they were praising it like a new invention. Most Africans are suffering 4rm inferiority complex
Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by SEGLIZ: 10:56am On Jan 28, 2021
yanabasee1:

if yours was functional you won't even ask if my brain is.
that aside, till date the white folks still make a large amount of their houses from wood which is traditionally their means of shelter from ages with modernising it to fit the modern age.
the argument here should be how do we modernise the use of mud to fit into this contemporary age. the western world is doing well with their traditional things why discard ours?
I always look up to the western wood type of house but the fear of inferno and security is my challenge. the use of mud comes even cheaper to brick only update them would do, example is the fired bricks.
forget about insults we all are out here to cut a edge to achieve a better society.
now that the bourgeoisie are increasing the price of cement to their own advantage at our own detriment, what do we do? we can modernise our traditional materials, same way we are modernising our traditional clothing attire.
make we reason together to achieve the best cheesygrin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by GodWrites: 11:11am On Jan 28, 2021
yanabasee1:
This kind of creativity was supposed to have come into their head as at 1790... Not in today's centuries.....

When people are coming out with great innovation to change the modern facilities....

Backwardness!!!

You wanted to sound smart and exposed, but you ended up making a fool of yourself.

If you know nothing about art, architecture, and minimalism, I would advise you leave this thread asap.

The builder of this creative masterpiece not only outdo himself, he even considered our dying environment by building with plastics.

Kudos to him!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by SEGLIZ: 11:21am On Jan 28, 2021
MejiLoyon:

WO ogbeni leave me jare. Did I mention you when I made my comment? If you want to throw jabs look for someone else nitori oloun. Telling me to keep it quiet.

Even the wall of Benin didn't last 300 years.

choi!
I don't know what to say o. I'm just laughing over here o.
I took too serious don't mind me, this nairaland for you. if you don't want to laugh you'll sure do, if you're not meant to go angry you will do.
that your moniker though - ebí nairamarley la won eleyi o.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by SEGLIZ: 12:40pm On Jan 28, 2021
GodWrites:

You wanted to sound smart and exposed, but you ended up making a fool of yourself.

If you know nothing about art, architecture, and minimalism, I would advise you leave this thread asap.

The builder of this creative masterpiece not only outdo himself, he even considered our dying environment by building with plastics.

Kudos to him!

respect.
some don't know creativity has no age.

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by thesmallgod(m): 1:41pm On Jan 28, 2021
falcon01:
creative but not safe to live inside. Polymer degrade with change in temperature. As soon as degradation start, the load on the roof will cause the house to collapse
Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by beehivedata(m): 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ingenuity
Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
INNOVATION

Let celebrate our own if were to white man that did something like this, it will be trending on twitter.

Kudos guy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by SEGLIZ: 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2021
thesmallgod:

creative but not safe to live inside. Polymer degrade with change in temperature. As soon as degradation start, the load on the roof will cause the house to collapse
'creative but not safe to live inside'.
my question would be polymer and wood which does stand the test of time most?
your answer would be as good as mine. even the polymer might out do mud if not for our closeness to the equator as a result our extreme weather condition, if can still remember my geography well (I stand to be corrected by geographers).
the possible weight that might have proven to be a burden to the bottles due to their hollowness has be cushion by chucking mud into their hollow space.
another concern should be inferno, which might put doubt as a result of suctioning effect the mud would later give (I might not be 100% here), but if only we could have organisation that can process this research and run an inferno test to see how it would hold.
if not for our corrupt leaders, putting this up for a low cost housing for the less privileged won't be to bad but they won't for it won't give more to embezzle so the concrete that won't see the light of the day would suit them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by yanabasee1(m): 3:05pm On Jan 28, 2021
SEGLIZ:

if yours was functional you won't even ask if my brain is.
that aside, till date the white folks still make a large amount of their houses from wood which is traditionally their means of shelter from ages with modernising it to fit the modern age.
the argument here should be how do we modernise the use of mud to fit into this contemporary age. the western world is doing well with their traditional things why discard ours?
I always look up to the western wood type of house but the fear of inferno and security is my challenge. the use of mud comes even cheaper to brick only update them would do, example is the fired bricks.
forget about insults we all are out here to cut a edge to achieve a better society.
now that the bourgeoisie are increasing the price of cement to their own advantage at our own detriment, what do we do? we can modernise our traditional materials, same way we are modernising our traditional clothing attire.
make we reason together to achieve the best cheesygrin

You'll now agree to my initial thought...That this is obsolete....

Assuming that, there is an innovation on muds to enable plain and patterned construction... Also, to allow nails to hold firm for furnitures... That will be a great innovation.

Yes, it is creative...But backward....

Know also that, the wood house are way more expensive than brick houses....

I get to know that, there is a certain wood used to construct houses...Not anyhow plank..

GodWrites:

Kudos to him!

You quoted me to insult me but ended up not being able to clear my thoughts...

ashybabs:
which one u done do?

Ask me what I have been able to do in my area of specialty and I'll give you a break down...
Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by ashybabs(m): 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2021
OK PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME

i am humble enuf to learn
Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by VictorUSA(m): 8:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
He said he built it with a PLASTIC bottles, yet he said it is bulletproof...chai...nigerian kano man
Re: Nigerian Man Builds House With 13800 Plastic Bottles In Kano {shocking Photos} by Olaolex: 8:54pm On Jan 28, 2021
Why is your headline disagreeing with your content?

(1) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Offa , Kwara State / University Of Ibadan 2017/2018 Admission Thread / 10 Weird Things You Should Be Doing In Order To Have A Stronger Brain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.