Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos (53172 Views)

Police Arrest Vigilante For Killing Passerby, 17 Suspected Armed Robbers / Osun Arrests 17 Chinese, Traditional Chief, 9 Locals For Illegal Mining / EFCC Arrests 17 Yahoo Boys In Warri At Their Hotel Hideout, Seizes Cars (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by yinkbell: 12:54pm On Jan 28, 2021
[quote author=Born2conquer post=98516666]I am against Yahoo and cybercrime,

But nigerians, before we start calling the arrested people names, we need to start asking the real questions. What are the evidences EFCC saw before they profile them as yahoo?

Is it the car? Is it their expensive Cars? Or their expensive lifestyle?

If the above is the basis for profiling someone as a yahoo boy then we DESERVE the poverty in Nigeria.

This is 2021 and BTC alone gave people MONEY! Asin STINKING money! FOREX nko?check out guys trading FOREX? they are very rich and wealthy.

Should we talk about influencing job and social media marketing? Ordinary Stocks yesterday gave guys over 500% on those who trade GME.

If you’ve invested ordinary 3M on GME last week, you would have cashed out over 100M today.

Please, with the above examples, do you now agree with me that not all Expensive’s lifestyle are linked to YAHOO?

What is GME bro? Is it like forex or other investment platform?
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by studentofTruth: 12:54pm On Jan 28, 2021
Draslo:
If they have balls, let them go and arrest Bella Shmurda or Olamide or many of the Nigerian musicians that glorify fraud.

See the group that all of them are wearing Dunlop slippers. Lol! You sure say those ones na Yahoo boys too grin

That's another thing. I don't know why the regulators keep allowing those musicians to release songs that glorify crime.

Those songs make our youths, and even the teenagers and under 10s to see crime as a way of life. The effects of those useless songs is unimaginable. It has changed the believe system of our youths to the extent that they don't believe they can do anything legitimately online apart from crime! It's too bad! The country should wake up and start changing their orientation now! When they know that there are legitimate ways to make money online, many of them won't choose crime!
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by raddyworld: 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2021
Goldbw122:
If not for Yahoo boys, we wouldn't have seen any development in Nigeria... cars, houses, investment, shops, bar, hotel wouldn't have been achieve... but I know it is a sin ooo but when it consign money ... e get as e dey be... well I like they way police turn their face to the wall... just beyond unrecognizable faces...

Don't worry they would soon scam your family, even the last pinch and let's see if it is the best thing for them to do. Yahoo is bad and should be condemned.
1. It gave us bad name
2. It makes legit labour not encouraging in our society
3. A scammer will always be even when Nigeria gets better bcus they won't believe in there labour except to steal .
4. Yahoo yahoo is a crimanal offence
5. Part of yahoo yahoo are those guys scamming through bank account info.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by Dozie32(m): 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
Have you been able to arrest our politicians?
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by zudozz: 1:27pm On Jan 28, 2021
Born2conquer:
I am against Yahoo and cybercrime,

But nigerians, before we start calling the arrested people names, we need to start asking the real questions. What are the evidences EFCC saw before they profile them as yahoo?

If the above is the basis for profiling someone as a yahoo boy then we DESERVE the poverty in Nigeria.

This is 2021 and BTC alone gave people MONEY! Asin STINKING money! FOREX nko?check out guys trading FOREX? they are very rich and wealthy.

Should we talk about influencing job and social media marketing? Ordinary Stocks yesterday gave guys over 500% on those who trade GME.

If you’ve invested ordinary 3M on GME last week, you would have cashed out over 100M today.

Please, with the above examples, do you now agree with me that not all Expensive’s lifestyle are linked to YAHOO?

I will implore EFCC to Do a thorough investigation before profiling because on the long run, all Successful legitimate guys will seek ASYLUM in Ghana, Canada and UK.

Forex trading is difficult to learn I have tried it and its not certain as you can lose money anytime and anyhow. You can make money you can lose money. I know about Bitcoin but also know that there are so much scam in it.

Please what is GME?
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by GodWrites: 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2021
UndissolvedMeta:
What do you do sir ?

I'm into transportation business, tricycle to be precise. It's a gold mine.

If you have some funds and wish to invest with me, we can even arrange to meet and discuss business further.

I'm in Umuahia at the moment.
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by Slymonster(m): 1:49pm On Jan 28, 2021
Born2conquer:

I will implore EFCC to Do a thorough investigation before profiling because on the long run, all Successful legitimate guys will seek ASYLUM in Ghana, Canada and UK.

My brother they just profile those who don't go to work as yahoo boys once you come drive 07 or 08 lexus. It is luxury to them. What happen to sars go hit them soon if they dont start behaving like a quality institution. For me i just see disgrace of nigerians on the internet more because once i search fraudsters,the set of people pics will pop out. It is a big shame and when you look na only two or three end up in court.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by arsenal444(m): 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2021
I know, dey must arrest the one way get K-Leg
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by IMASTEX: 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
Earthquakes:
A suspect should remain a suspect until proven guilty

But in Nigeria you have to be guilty until proven innocent
grin grin grin grin grin what do you expect from a country that was named by a side chic under the influence of intoxicating.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by Born2conquer: 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
Slymonster:

My brother they just profile those who don't go to work as yahoo boys once you come drive 07 or 08 lexus. It is luxury to them. What happen to sars go hit them soon if they dont start behaving like a quality institution. For me i just see disgrace of nigerians on the internet more because once i search fraudsters,the set of people pics will pop out. It is a big shame and when you look na only two or three end up in court.
Imagine, how much is Lexus 07? Young success digital marketers (youtube) abroad are driving good cars! A young lady trading forex owns a yatch and luxury cars.

Nigerians are becoming exposed daily.

FACT: Let the true scammers face the wrath of the law

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by Born2conquer: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2021
zudozz:

Forex trading is difficult to learn I have tried it and its not certain as you can lose money anytime and anyhow. You can make money you can lose money. I know about Bitcoin but also know that there are so much scam in it.

Please what is GME?
The same way you go to school for 20years before you can be a doctor,lawyer and co is the same way you need to learn all these things and be very good at it before you can be successful.

You don’t need anyone to do this for you, you have to do them yourself

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by Born2conquer: 2:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
studentofTruth:

I completely agree with you. That's why I call them unintelligent agency. Instead of spying the online space and doing a comprehensive investigation before making an arrest, they base their intelligence on a tip off by jealous neighbors. In other words, what they call intelligence is a profiling done by an ignorant jealous neighbor! Just like you stated, there are a lot of things someone can do to make a good living from home. A badass programmer can easily make 7-8 digits per month working from the comfort of his home. What about professionals? I know a pharmacist that makes 7 digits per month working from home as a scientific editor for a journal. The world has gone digital, and depending on the kind of work a person does, he can work from home!

Admittedly, there's an upsurge of online fraud, especially from the people in the D, E, F category of youths. Right from their school days, they pack Ds, Es, and Fs — even the Es and Ds were made from cheating. It's that same cheating that they carried to the real world, glorifying crime so much that you begin to wonder whether they really have nothing to offer to the world. With all the problems in the world looking for solutions, rather than find the ones they can solve and get handsomely rewarded, they choose to become the problems themselves, proving the teachers that scored them Fs right — that they really have nothing to offer!

I completely in support getting these useless elements out of the way!

But the problem is the unintelligent and blanket approach, where anyone making a good living working from home with a computer is tagged a fraudster. It's so dangerous that, just as you stated, our intelligent A-grade youths who are legitimately leveraging the digital revolution to solve problems and make a good living for themselves may emigrate to better countries where the system efficiently sieve the chaff from the seeds.

I will keep calling on EFCC to change their ways and do things the right way. If not, the country's economy will suffer it! I rest my case.
Most of the arrests are FROM nosy neighbors, forget what EFCC is doing, the root of all these problem is frm the society.
The only way nigerians will support and love you is if you’re poor and you’re in the same position or below.

Lol, the moment you starr building and buying cars, the hatred starts! I am just getting scared for the young and successful guys.

Ordinary BTC jumped from 500k to 17M within 4years

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by Goldiano(m): 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2021
Born2conquer:

you are right
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by decent2(m): 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2021
pls I urgently need 2k first bank 3170221471
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by Favemmzar200(m): 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
adedayoa2:
na afonja and ipob
issa lie na afonja and the ingenious sons of the noble south east region.

BTW my village is London

Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by Favemmzar200(m): 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2021
Asianjollof007:

Werey, you no see okafor and kelechi among the names?

Okoro, a.k.a big flat head.
and so, abi we should do demographic count of the people there

Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by zudozz: 3:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
Born2conquer:

The same way you go to school for 20years before you can be a doctor,lawyer and co is the same way you need to learn all these things and be very good at it before you can be successful.

You are very correct. I even tried to discuss with someone I know to forecast while I invest in forex but she declined. So you are making a point. Also does one need to learn Bitcoin trading same way you learn forex?

You did nt say what GME is?

Thanks
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by Born2conquer: 3:57pm On Jan 28, 2021
zudozz:

You are very correct. I even tried to discuss with someone I know to forecast while I invest in forex but she declined. So you are making a point. Also does one need to learn Bitcoin trading same way you learn forex?

Thanks
GME is game stock

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by studentofTruth: 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
zudozz:

Thanks

GME is the ticker symbol of this company, GameStop Corp, on the New York Stock Exchange. The company is an American video game, consumer electronics, and gaming merchandise retailer. The company's stock has been powering of recent.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by studentofTruth: 4:09pm On Jan 28, 2021
Born2conquer:

Fact!
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by studentofTruth: 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
Born2conquer:

Most of the arrests are FROM nosy neighbors, forget what EFCC is doing, the root of all these problem is frm the society.
The only way nigerians will support and love you is if you’re poor and you’re in the same position or below.

Lol, the moment you starr building and buying cars, the hatred starts! I am just getting scared for the young and successful guys.

Ordinary BTC jumped from 500k to 17M within 4years

I thought I'm the only one noticing that. The frustration, anger, and bitterness are too much. It's well!
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by zudozz: 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2021
studentofTruth:

GME is the ticker symbol of this company, GameStop Corp, on the New York Stock Exchange. The company is an American video game, consumer electronics, and gaming merchandise retailer. The company's stock has been powering of recent.

Thank you.
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by Oshokalo: 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
efcc nbo japa
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by Starz825(m): 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
Born2conquer:

bros....whats that GME...pls can you explain a little bit further?
Re: EFCC Arrests 17 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Lagos by kenzysmith: 8:35am On Jan 31, 2021
post=98516642:
All fraudsters will definitely end up in shame.
SAY NO TO FRAUD.
It kills you untimely.

Kenzysmith, Kingo.....
You want us banned cos we keep exposing your scam and fraudulent lifestyle lazy tin?
You even created a thread to celebrate you scamming a white man, still went ahead to paste his picture and that of his son online!
What insolence.
Wish EFCC can be monitoring some posts online and arrest criminals and fraudsters just the way FBI and INTERPOL are doing abroad.
Yahoo boy wey no get shame!
Na small time remain for you.
Nairalanders will read your story on Frontpage soon just like this.
Shikini time more if you don't stop your life of scam now...
Ask your role model Hush bingo... tongue

See dem.
Shameless fraudsters.
Na small time remain for una.
Scamming people of their sweat thinking you are enjoying. Karma knows everyone's address.
I go leave nairaland for una

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

White Woman Scatters Nigerian Woman's Goods In Her Shop In Dublin (Video) / Unilag Slay Queen Arrested For Stealing Roommate’s ATM Card / Businesswoman Climbs On Client's Car For Refusing To Pay For Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.