Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,400 members, 7,836,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Hushpuppi’s Lawyers Set To Abandon His Case - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hushpuppi’s Lawyers Set To Abandon His Case (430 Views)

Delta Policemen Abandon All The Bribes They Collected At A Checkpoint / Woman Caught Trying To Abandon Her 9-Month-Old Baby In Ibadan (Photos) / Shiite Protesters Stone Policeman To Death In Kaduna; Police Abandon Their Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hushpuppi’s Lawyers Set To Abandon His Case by Jollylolly(f): 10:54am On Jan 28, 2021
Gal Pissetzky and Vicki Podberesky, the two US lawyers who were representing Nigerian Instagram celebrity, Ramon Abbas, better known as Hushpuppi, have applied to withdraw from the case.

They have both filed an application at the United States District Court in California, stating their intent.

The application was submitted on January 21 and the court will hear it on February 22.

The lawyers cited communication problems as the reason for the withdrawal and also that Hushpuppi has hired new lawyers to defend him.

“Both family and jail staff have told me that they have conveyed my messages to Mr Abbas to call me. He informed me that he is retaining new counsel.

“I informed him that I and Ms. Podberesky were moving to withdraw given his refusal to communicate and cooperate with us,” Pissetzky said.

Hushpuppi is being tried on a four-count charge of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, engaging in monetary transactions in property derived from specified unlawful activity, money laundering conspiracies and international money laundering.

The trial is scheduled to continue on May 4, 2021.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/01/28/hushpuppis-lawyers-set-to-abandon-his-case/
Re: Hushpuppi’s Lawyers Set To Abandon His Case by Queenlovely(f): 10:55am On Jan 28, 2021
after milking him dry

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi’s Lawyers Set To Abandon His Case by TheStakeHolder(m): 10:56am On Jan 28, 2021

“I informed him that I and Ms. Podberesky were moving to withdraw given his refusal to communicate and cooperate with us,” Pissetzky said.

He will not cooperate nah...

Hardened criminals like Hushpuppi never cooperate with even their own lawyers because they hardly trust people...

Weyrey still dey disguise...

He should rot in jail...

That would serve as a deterrent to potential scammers...

spits...

2 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi’s Lawyers Set To Abandon His Case by majamajic(m): 11:14am On Jan 28, 2021
It's getting to one full year now , before u know we be counting 10

Time dey fly these days , Huss should manage , it remaining small , time is flying before u know 25 will just be here
Re: Hushpuppi’s Lawyers Set To Abandon His Case by Fahdiga(m): 11:15am On Jan 28, 2021
Tinubu's lawyer to abandon him too when the time comes
Re: Hushpuppi’s Lawyers Set To Abandon His Case by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2021
Walahi, if I'm president, Yahoo boys go hear am.
Useless bunch of idiotic oponus.
Re: Hushpuppi’s Lawyers Set To Abandon His Case by Tulsaguy: 12:53pm On Jan 28, 2021
ok
Re: Hushpuppi’s Lawyers Set To Abandon His Case by SavageResponse(m): 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2021
I'm sure this guy is still hoping to wake up and realise that his incarceration was all a dream grin
Re: Hushpuppi’s Lawyers Set To Abandon His Case by Nweike190(m): 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
[ Them take your girlfriend.e be like say e pain you well well. undecided

quote author=Nairalandian post=98518906]Walahi, if I'm president, Yahoo boys go hear am.
Useless bunch of idiotic oponus.[/quote]
Re: Hushpuppi’s Lawyers Set To Abandon His Case by Harrykn: 1:54am On Jan 29, 2021
Now your eyes don clear.
defrauding other to get rich.
Re: Hushpuppi’s Lawyers Set To Abandon His Case by FLESHnBLOOD(m): 5:55am On Jan 29, 2021
The money is no longer coming forth.. Those lawyers from day 1 knew the case was going nowhere they were just there for the money. The rise and fall of Hush Puppy.

(1) (Reply)

Armed Herdsmen Invade Sunday Igboho’s Mother’s House, One Arrested (video) / Two KNUST Students Exchange Blows Over A Girl In Ghana (watch Video) / 50 People Died After Attending A Yahoo Boy's Birthday In Akute Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.