Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS (21732 Views)

General Irabor Asking 50 Generals To Resign Is Good For Young Officers / General Irabor To Yahaya Farouk: "Build On Legacy" (Photos) / Olonisakin Hands Over To Irabor As Chief Of Defence Staff (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Iykoto86(m): 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2021
paul100:

I am from ubulu okiti but know very little about our culture.PopsI no dey help.Abeg why do we answer both Benin and Igbo names.Some of blood relatives answer Igbo name while some answer Benin name.Why is it like that? and from my research Aniocha is made up of 90%igbos.Imagine someone telling me that I am not igbo because of my name(Ose....)while my blood cousin with Igbo name is Igbo.How is that possible?
I no longer say I am Igbo to avoid argument.
Princedapace Odidigboigbo iykoto86 Forumobserver12
my apologies.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by ubola: 11:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
tutudesz:

“There is no Igbo man among the newly appointed service chiefs. Those who claim that the newly appointed Chief of Defence Staff, Maj Gen Leo Irabor is an Igbo man should tell us if Irabor is an Igbo name,”
Ohanaeze General Assembly
https://www.nairaland.com/6387080/ohanaeze-general-assembly-asks-buhari
Chibuike Amaechi being an Igbo name should be given the Igbo-presidential slot, since being igbo is by name. Time for biafra agitation, we will cross to look for them, but during appointment, we disown them. We had better changed.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by BadBradley: 12:37am On Jan 29, 2021
DissTroy:

You do realize, in a way, you are also spitting yourself, right? Since you have Igbo roots.
loolz shouldn't stop me from saying it as it is.

It's same myopic stance they took when the then Anioma state was proposed with Onitsha as the headquarters and they kicked against it.

2 Likes

Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Brush1: 12:44am On Jan 29, 2021
[quote author=Jagznation post=98525153]Anioma is not igbo infact most deltans deny being of igbo heritage [/quot

You are absolutely correct. We are Deltans with no heritage to the Igbos. I get irritated when people say they migrated from the Igbo land. Please, stop already . Am not inferring that Igbos are not good people, we are only trying to set the record straight , which is that we are not Igbos.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:50am On Jan 29, 2021
JubrinElSudan:
Lol..... Cairo is a funny man, so in his Twitter handle, he used Anioma but when he was chopping money as a member of NDDC IMC, he was chopping alone

Don't mind the two-faced fool! His kind are fair-weather Igbos....they're Igbo or not depending on if it benefits them personally or their devilish party!

Can he tell us when last he proudly claimed being Igbo, and when last he spoke up to chastise Igbo deniers from his Ika community!
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Uchasa(m): 2:19am On Jan 29, 2021
Jagznation:
Anioma is not igbo infact most deltans deny being of igbo heritage
Anioma is Igbo
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Uchasa(m): 2:22am On Jan 29, 2021
JudasNaCarrot:
Wicked Wike on the beat.

Show them pepper. Ikwerre is not Igbo.
Anioma is not Igbo. Onitsha is not Igbo. Oyigbo is not Igbo.

No tribe wants to identify with fraudsters and drug carriers.

Tufiakwa for this people.

How can you say Onitsha and Oyigbo is not Igbo. Those guys are the main Igbos.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Uchasa(m): 2:25am On Jan 29, 2021
This man is an Igbo man. It's just like the Aros and Ohafias of Abia State who answer names like Inyang,Obasi,Uko,e.t.c which are not Igbo names in addition to their Igbo names due to their inter-relationship. Moreover, if Kaduna Nzeogwu is Igbo, then Irabor is! If Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Jay Jay Okocha identify as Igbo, then it's evident that's he is Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Uchasa(m): 2:26am On Jan 29, 2021
Mikecold:
Fulani government rather give all Igbo position to anioma than Igbo.

I won't be surprised if anioma gets to be considered president before igbo

What's the difference between Anioma and Igbo
Are they not thesame people?
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by AsomughaChuks02: 2:39am On Jan 29, 2021
Leo Irabor is not Igbo until Ohaneze Ndigbo congratulates him and thanks Buhari for appointing an Igbo man as CDS tongue

Igbos can't continue to deceive anioma people with taqqiya. They are Igbos only when we are looking for Biafra but we don't recognize them when they get appointments on behalf of Ndi Igbo. Not fair.

2 Likes

Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:19am On Jan 29, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:
Leo Irabor is not Igbo until Ohaneze Ndigbo congratulates him and thanks Buhari for appointing an Igbo man as CDS tongue

Igbos can't continue to deceive anioma people with taqqiya. They are Igbos only when we are looking for Biafra but we don't recognize them when they get appointments on behalf of Ndi Igbo. Not fair.

Shut up!

Ain't it strange that peeps like you that normally scream Ika is not Igbo, are now falling over yourselves to acknowledge this mans Igboness just because you want to make it look like Buhari has been fair to Ndigbo and given us a slot in the security achitecture of the country?! Did you see Ndigbo denying proud Igbos like Okonjo-Iweala and Pat Utomi?

Some moslem who has never identified with Ndigbo in any way now want us to embrace him as one of us just because he has a middle Igbo name! Given the heights he's reached in the army, when last did you hear of the man in relation to anything Igbo?

He should fuc/k off...both him and all you bigoted, two-faced Igbo haters who think you're smart and can send us on a guilt trip just because we're not warming up to the man!

Given the high rate of Igbo deniers from the Ika, we're well within our rights to scrutinise anyone from there that wakes up one morning and all of a sudden starts claiming to be Igbo for personal gain!

2 Likes

Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by ogaemma: 4:32am On Jan 29, 2021
NORSYK:
The four service chiefs are all Muslim

Who has noticed it?

Shut up your lieing mouth vomiting fake news.

Leo Irabor is a Christian, a member of Mountain of Fire and even a worker in the church.

My Big Sister is close to his family at Agbor.

Stop saying what you don't know.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Kingrefreshed: 7:23am On Jan 29, 2021
Ugo4hotish:

Be careful with your words before you put your generation into trouble

If you cant shut up right now I will curse you.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by gidgiddy: 7:41am On Jan 29, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

Shut up!

Ain't it strange that peeps like you that normally scream Ika is not Igbo, are now falling over yourselves to acknowledge this mans Igboness just because you want to make it look like Buhari has been fair to Ndigbo and given us a slot in the security achitecture of the country?! Did you see Ndigbo denying proud Igbos like Okonjo-Iweala and Pat Utomi?

Some moslem who has never identified with Ndigbo in any way now want us to embrace him as one of us just because he has a middle Igbo name! Given the heights he's reached in the army, when last did you hear of the man in relation to anything Igbo?

He should fuc/k off...both him and all you bigoted, two-faced Igbo haters who think you're smart and can send us on a guilt trip just because we're not warming up to the man!

Given the high rate of Igbo deniers from the Ika, we're well within our rights to scrutinise anyone from there that wakes up one morning and all of a sudden starts claiming to be Igbo for personal gain!

You said it all my brother, forget these reprobates. Nzeogwu is Igbo when it is about about the first coup, and Niger Delta about everything else

Lucky Irabor is now Igbo when it is about making Buhari look fair, but he will not be Igbo about anything else

Agbor where Irabor comes from has an Edo minority, but despite his Edo surname, some people want Irabor to be Igbo at all cost

2 Likes

Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by xaggar(m): 8:33am On Jan 29, 2021
pasol4real:
Leo Irabor is not Igbo, but he is a Biafran

Little words but wise.

Out of all I've read here, you made the most wise comment.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by xaggar(m): 8:37am On Jan 29, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:
i was arguing with one foolish 50 something year old edo man who was telling me that parts of delta no be igbo.. i just left him. he no know wetin he dey talk...

You are the slowpoke cos he is right.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by xaggar(m): 9:00am On Jan 29, 2021
paul100:

I am from ubulu okiti but know very little about our culture.PopsI no dey help.Abeg why do we answer both Benin and Igbo names.Some of blood relatives answer Igbo name while some answer Benin name.Why is it like that? and from my research Aniocha is made up of 90%igbos.Imagine someone telling me that I am not igbo because of my name(Ose....)while my blood cousin with Igbo name is Igbo.How is that possible?

You bear an edo surname cos your lineage chose to maintain its edo roots. Your cousin's family may have chosen to bear the igbo name for a change or probably because they (if of a female progenitor) married another family with an igbo name.

One thing u should know is that, the entire anioma clan (so called delta igbo group) aren't totally of igbo origin but a mix of igbo, edo, yoruba and igala tribes.

Some families chose to retain thier ancient surnames so as to maintain their origin and lineage.

My family, according to my father, was at one point of yoruba ancestry. But the female child amongst our yoruba ancestor married an Esan man. This happened when they (my yoruba progenitors) arrived in a town not too far from your ubulu-okiti (I won't mention my towns name but its under aniocha north lga in delta state). So the female child bore a son for her Esan tribe husband who is from present day Edo state.

They maintained the Esan name for almost 3 generations (Esabor to Igbedion and later changed to igbo name Egbune and then the name we currently bear which is also an igbo name).

So people may think because I bear an igbo surname rightnow; I am igbo. But when u read or study my families lineage you see the roots (partly yoruba and esan but now bearing igbo name).

Your edo surname simply means your family has its origin from the Edo migrants (probably Esan or benin) who came to settle in delta state many years ago.

Hope you now understand.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by xaggar(m): 9:05am On Jan 29, 2021
Uchasa:

How can you say Onitsha and Oyigbo is not Igbo. Those guys are the main Igbos.

You know little to nothing. Go read history.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Princedapace(m): 9:05am On Jan 29, 2021
xaggar:

You bear an edo surname cos your lineage chose to maintain its edo roots. Your cousin's family may have chosen to bear the igbo name for a change or probably because they (if of a female progenitor) married another family with an igbo name.

One thing u should know is that, the entire anioma clan (so called delta igbo group) aren't totally of igbo origin but a mix of igbo, edo, yoruba and igala tribes.

Some families chose to retain thier ancient surnames so as to maintain their origin and lineage.

My family, according to my father, was at one point of yoruba ancestry. But the female child amongst our yoruba ancestor married an Esan man. This happened when they (my yoruba progenitors) arrived in a town not too far from your ubulu-okiti (I won't mention my towns name but its under aniocha north lga in delta state). So the female child bore a son for her Esan tribe husband who is from present day Edo state.

They maintained the Esan name for almost 3 generations (Esabor to Igbedion and later changed to igbo name Egbune and then the name we currently bear which is also an igbo name).

So people may think because I bear an igbo surname rightnow; I am igbo. But when u read or study my families lineage you see the roots (partly yoruba and esan but now bearing igbo name).

Your edo surname simply means your family has its origin from the Edo migrants (probably Esan or benin) who came to settle in delta state many years ago.

Hope you now understand.

I don't think that he said surname, he said name. Like I told him, he should look at his lineage to know where he comes from.

2 Likes

Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:15am On Jan 29, 2021
paul100:

leave all this Yoruba,so because I am from ogwashi uku in Delta state I am no more an Igbo girl?

4 Likes

Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 29, 2021
xaggar:

You are the slowpoke cos he is right.

okay oo..
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Princedapace(m): 9:34am On Jan 29, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
leave all this Yoruba,so because I am from ogwashi uku in Delta state I am no more an Igbo girl?

What most of them don't know is that geopolitical zone is different from tribe. Geopolitical zone is simply a political arrangement by the country. It doesn't change one's identity
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Dedetwo(m): 9:54am On Jan 29, 2021
Princedapace:

But Ned Nwoko recently said he is igbo.

Ned Nwoko is from Anioma. I don't know why everything about igbos give some of you organism.

Not recently!!! You should see Ned Nwoko's call to bar celebration in London. He spelt it out in Igbo language. I duff my hat for Ned Nwoko.

1 Like

Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Dedetwo(m): 10:02am On Jan 29, 2021
obailala:

Lucky Eluonye Onyenuchea Irabor is not an Igbo man because he's not from your village?

This kind of misguided nonsense talk is the reason non-southeastern Igbos for decades now, have sworn never to be identified as Igbos again. But when it comes to Biafra, this same mouth you use in discriminating non-SE Igbos is the same mouth you will deploy in shouting "there are also Igbos in Delta, Rivers etc..."

The fool never identify himself as Igbo hence Lucky Irabor for a name. What stopped him from incorporating his given Igbo name in his official template? Unless truncated, Irabor is hardly Igbo. Any fool from my village would have worn an Igbo name as his\her surname.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Dedetwo(m): 10:06am On Jan 29, 2021
einsteine:
Igbos would continue to suffer for their attache by force. For years, they have claimed the people of Rivers and Delta North as Igbos but forget that when it comes to appointments, since they are not trusted, their "slot" would be given to these people who are not Igbos. Keep claiming Ikwerre, Ika, Ndokwa people and that is what would keep happening. For example, the CBN governor (from the same place as the CDS) is considerede to be using an Igbo slot.

The CDS full name is lucky eluonye onyenuche irabor, by the way.

Saboteurs are humans and still live among us. It is not a coincidence the real Igbo man seeks Republic of Igboland. The actualization of country known as Igboland will put this your silly crap to dead.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Princedapace(m): 10:09am On Jan 29, 2021
Dedetwo:

Not recently!!! You should see Ned Nwoko's call to bar celebration in London. He spelt it out in Igbo language. I duff my hat for Ned Nwoko.

I love him. He never denied his identity. Nigeria really messed up with the Igbo identity. It is heartbreaking.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Dedetwo(m): 10:20am On Jan 29, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Ned Nwoko is from Aniocha and not Agbor, he maybe right if he claimed to be Igbo because we Agbor people equally sees Aniocha/Oshimili people as Igbo as well. You can't see any Agbor man that claimed to be Igbo but rather Bini, that is our route.

Compound lies from the pit of hell. The runaway Bini in Agbor, in some number, will always claim Bini lineage. However, the majority of people from Agbor are Igbo. I had a friend from Agbor whose surname is pure Igbo. I put the above crap of not being Igbo to him and he vehemently disowned the crap.

1 Like

Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Yujin(m): 10:44am On Jan 29, 2021
xaggar:

Hope you now understand.
I enjoyed how detailed you are in explaining your lineage yet I disagree with your conclusion. Every ethnic group in this world have at one point in time assimiliated another group or groups for different reasons. When the assimiliation involves a smaller group of people, it becomes total with just clues left. When the number of people assimiliated is appreciable, the process is not thorough and leads sometimes from dual claims to forming a hybrid ethnic group with sometimes a new language if the parent language has been so bastardized. The case in Anioma will not be different from others in this respect. How comes of all the regions in southern Nigeria only Anioma is having this problem? The reason is simply due to mischief. Anioma was originally Igbo before the immigration of other edoid and Igala groups into her. All these people were welcomed and the Igbo language survived yet we still hear cases of claims contrary claims today. Are there not Igbos that settled among the Esans today? Are there not Igbos that settled among the Urhobos today? Are there not Igbos that settled among Igalas today? The list is endless. The point is that while no one can deny the differing ancestry that contributed to an area, one shouldn't try to usurp the identity of those gave him a home and community when he left his original place of ancestry. It is quite different if you formed a whole new community and retained your parent culture, language and norms but when you sandwiched yourself and survived under their magnanimity, it is absurd to now rise up and start colouring the identity of such area. It is touted that the Obaseki family has Igbo ancestry but Obaseki won't dare claim not to be Bini today. That's how it goes.
The name of your community is Igbo, the language and culture is primarily Igbo yet you come to claim it is not Igbos simply because your fleeing father was welcomed and shown hospitality hundreds of years ago? Is that not ingratitude?
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Iykoto86(m): 10:54am On Jan 29, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
nwannem nwanyi,iwegi daju. I met one ifanyi from agbor,and made the mistake of calling him nwoke igbo. His reaction made me feel sorry for myself. He told me that he is more of edo and the ifanyi in his name is a choice. Na so i begin mind my business from that day. In ibuzo we know we are igbos, many deltans with igbo names hate being called igbo sha.
Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Yujin(m): 11:05am On Jan 29, 2021
Anioma is Igbo not doubt but there are dissenting voices about the Igbo identity from some specific areas. This is bone of contention that needs to be considered. It was publicly that a former National Coach of the Super Eagles clearly claimed he wasn't Igbo despite having an Igbo name. The person is no other than Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh. He's from the same part of Anioma as the new CDS. There are numerous personalities of Anioma who openly identify as Igbos and claim with facts about the undisputable Igbo identity of the territory but we can't feign ignorance of some dissenting voices. It is on this backdrop that we need not jump into conclusion about ascribing an identity on persons from specific parts that tend to deny their Igboness. The Wike denial is still fresh from Rivers State even when his kinsman(Amaechi) publicly proclaimed his Igbo ancestry. Should a Wike ever be regarded as an Igbo again unless he publicly withdraws his denial and seeks forgiveness from the Igbo nation(which is highly unlikely)?
By and large, Ndi Anioma cannot deny their sons because he's already part of them while the Igbo nation will be hesitant to identify with some one that MAY deny them openly when push comes to shove. There are cases like this that I've mentioned before.
The most important thing now is for the man to discharge his duty to humanity and remember that his legacy is what will be left for men to use in remembering him.

1 Like

Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Yujin(m): 11:17am On Jan 29, 2021
Iykoto86:
nwannem nwanyi,iwegi daju. I met one ifanyi from agbor,and made the mistake of calling him nwoke igbo. His reaction made me feel sorry for myself. He told me that he is more of edo and the ifanyi in his name is a choice. Na so i begin mind my business from that day. In ibuzo we know we are igbos, many deltans with igbo names hate being called igbo sha.
Lol... It's funny how some peeps from that angle can be ignorant of their history. Do you know that there's a community in that same Agbor that their people don't bear Igbo names? They speak an edoid language with their culture different from the Ikas but are under the Ika North East LGA. They're called the Oza-Nagogo community. Ask the Ifeanyi if he can understand 30 percent of what they're saying in their language.
This is how you know they're hiding something when they get unnecessarily angry if you try to ask them something about their connection with Igbo. Why get angry over simple and harmless questions? They know their claims are unreconcilable with facts on ground.
Next time be subtle in your approach. Gradually chip in Igbo words when you're speaking pidgin English and watch his reactions. Gradually he'll be less hostile. I've met a couple of them and they've been diffused(pun intended).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ndi Anioma Hails Appointment Of General Irabor As CDS by Misterone: 11:19am On Jan 29, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Well Irabor is not an Igbo man.

You can now rest...This is no argument.

hehehehe. kweke yo! this is why Biafra will never happen in a 1000years. the minorities will never allow it. the igbos have shown their hands times without number that they will never allow minorities in a contraption called Biafra to amount to anything. minorities would rather have a slave master in Abuja than have one near home.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

House Leadership: PDP Mounts Pressure On Dogara To Accept Minority Leader / These Are The Bad Roads Leading To LUTH Hospital - Photos / Isoko Community Vows To Banish Anyone Who Votes For APC

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.