Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,134 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:26 AM

Why Are Abuja Residents Anti-social? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Abuja Residents Anti-social? (503 Views)

Abuja Residents Storm Accident Scene With Buckets, Others For Free Beer / Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges / Jabi Lake Park: Where ABUJA Residents Spend Their Weekends (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Abuja Residents Anti-social? by StrafordSTONES(m): 7:20pm On Jan 28, 2021
Good evening friends, so today, I decided to practise driving SOLO having completed my driving lessons. The estate I stay in is kind of big and has asphalted roads, so I thought it wise to rehearse within the estate to get mastered before I hit the main road and subsequently Express. I drove round the estate multiple times probably numbering six or seven times. Now to cut straight the chase, I stepped out this evening to take a stroll and one of the security guys who saw me during the practice called me and divurged that they got a couple of calls from the residents that a putative kidnapper was patrolling the estate, spying and making observations. Lol i burst into laugh, I mean I found it very hilarious then.
However, after a couple of minutes, I began analysing it. How can people be thinking like that? I mean the estate to a large extent is considerably secured with security men at the gate to I.D you before you enter . I just couldn't wrap my around it and I just concluded that they people that made the call are infected with hysteria or just anti-social.
It also made remember something that happened on the Eve of Christmas (24th) I met two guys at a supermarket they were shopping for Fireworks and seeing they were youngings, I decided to socialize; inquired where and when they were gonna set them. Turned out they also lived in same estate and give me time as 00.00 hours(25th) . Tbh I thought it was going to be lit considering these were young guys; packed six cans of Heineken and an already opened bottle of Jameson out to the location. Shii!!! These guys came with their mama and was all clinging on her making it very uncomfortable for me to socialize. I regretted it. Eventually left and saw one of the guys a few days later and he was acting all snubbish: I bounced him and have been skipping him ever since.
So guys why are Abj people so Anti-social?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Abuja Residents Anti-social? by Freestainworld(m): 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nigerian security is too bad now, you can't blame them, everybody is now a suspect no matter how you present yourself to be.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Abuja Residents Anti-social? by Fahdiga(m): 7:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
Guy as far as Nigeria is concerned, everyone is trying to protect themselves. you can't blame them

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Abuja Residents Anti-social? by StrafordSTONES(m): 7:49pm On Jan 28, 2021
Freestainworld:
Nigerian security is too bad now, you can't blame them, everybody is now a suspect no matter how you present yourself to be.
Fahdiga:
Guy as far as Nigeria is concerned, everyone is trying to protect themselves. you can't blame them

Yes I get the security consideration aspect. But this event only propelled to write this.
Some other behaviours will you make you understand these people outrightly do want to have anything to do with others.
Well you guys might not really relate this post unless you stay in Abj

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Abuja Residents Anti-social? by onward4life(m): 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2021
No vex nah big men chill dren yu dey meet!

Come down here for Karmo or gwagwa with ur ride

Na all love till after yu even zoom off!

Just stick to the grade yu are slightly above bro!

Wan luv

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Abuja Residents Anti-social? by tidalstorm(m): 8:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
Even if na me i go report.
It isn't paranoia, it is called being security conscious. And with the way Nigeria is right now, they did the right thing.
Re: Why Are Abuja Residents Anti-social? by Donspicey: 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2021
To avoid stories that Touch.....

In other news.............................

Re: Why Are Abuja Residents Anti-social? by Donspicey: 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2021
Space for sale.....
Re: Why Are Abuja Residents Anti-social? by meobizy(f): 9:52pm On Jan 28, 2021
All the entertainment they require is available indoors so they don't need to socialize with others. People ready to mingle will start up conversations just like you did when you met them at the store. For now follow their example and enjoy your own company whenever outdoors.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Abuja Residents Anti-social? by StrafordSTONES(m): 9:56pm On Jan 28, 2021
onward4life:
No vex nah big men chill dren yu dey meet!

Come down here for Karmo pot gwagwa with ur ride

Na all love till after yu even zoom off!

Just stick to the grade yu are slightly above bro!

Wan luv

Lols, I go try

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Visa / History Of How The 36 States Got Their Names / Domestic Flight With Infant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.