Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,520 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

New Service Chiefs: Time To Chart A New Path For Our Security - Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Service Chiefs: Time To Chart A New Path For Our Security - Kalu (228 Views)

South-East Leaders Are Meeting In Abuja To Chart A Way Forward For The Region / President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs / Buhari Appoints New Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Service Chiefs: Time To Chart A New Path For Our Security - Kalu by NAPC1(m): 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2021
The National Coordinator, People's Democratic Party Coalition, Chief Dr. Emeka Kalu has charged the newly appointed service chiefs to bring in their wealth of experience to chart a clearer course of action, birth fresh ideas that will help to tackle the deteriorating security system and turn it around for the good of all.

Chief Kalu made this call through a message he sent to the press from the United States where he was to witness the just concluded handover of President Joe Biden as the 46th POTUS of America.

According to him, this was good of President Buhari to have heeded the long call of the Nigeria people to change the service chiefs as fresh ideas were necessary to put check to the escalating and uncontrollable security challenges of Nigeria, especially in the Northeast region, which has generally threatened our progress as a people.

In his words: "I received the news with a mixed feeling of joy, but was not surprised because the action was long overdue. But since it has finally come, since our endless calls have been heeded to, it is now up to the newly appointed men to hit the ground running to see how we can be able to restore peace in the NorthEast region and other affected regions fighting one form of security challenges or another.

"I have confidence in the new Chief of Army Staff, Major Gen. Attahiru, he is a man of integrity and the other Chiefs, I hold them in high esteem and urge them to do whatever they can to protect Nigerians.

"I am also appealing to all Nigerians, irrespective of tribe, religion or political leaning, to as a matter of patriotism, give their unwavering support to the men on whose shoulders now rest the duty of protecting the lives and properties of every Nigeria", he said.

Re: New Service Chiefs: Time To Chart A New Path For Our Security - Kalu by Kingosytex(m): 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2021
I still believe that the issue of the insecurity in the NE is politicised.

Can Attahiru succeed where Buratai failed? Only time will tell.
Re: New Service Chiefs: Time To Chart A New Path For Our Security - Kalu by Fahdiga(m): 7:37pm On Jan 28, 2021
As long as Buhari remains the president expect no change
Re: New Service Chiefs: Time To Chart A New Path For Our Security - Kalu by Donspicey: 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2021
Well Time shall tell......

If dey are really sincere to defeat insurgency it would not take long.....

(1) (Reply)

FACT CHECK: Did Bill Gates Call For Decimation Of African Population? / Why Must We Leave The Fulanis? Opinion / Cow Ranching Is More Lucrative Than All Cryptocurrencies - Adamu Garba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.