Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Cactus Lagos- My Review - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cactus Lagos- My Review (978 Views)

Family Dinner At Cactus Restaurant Lagos / Best Pasta Restaurants In Lagos- My Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cactus Lagos- My Review by TheChocolateore: 2:49pm On Jan 29, 2021
Hello, thank you for choosing to read my review of Cactus Lagos.

2020 has eventually come to an end, and all I can say is finally. I literally breezed through the year being lazy in the middle of a pandemic and burning out.

For this review, I took a trip to Cactus Lagos for a quick date after work.

First of all, can we talk about Cactus Lagos and their waterfront seating arrangement? I love a good body of water, and there’s nothing more I love than being able to have the cool breeze from the water hitting me everywhere while I munch on my meal, so it was impossible not to suggest Cactus for my date.

WALKING-IN

The best thing for me when it comes to dining out post-COVID is the more privacy you get at restaurants. Chairs are now spaced out, and there’s no fear of being too loud, disturbing your neighbours, or wondering if anyone is watching your mouth chew.

I opted to sit indoor, with a glass wall facing the outdoor seating space and also giving me a view of the waterfront. At Cactus Lagos, more impressively, in what I assume is a post COVID arrangement, chairs are now separated by a glass divide adding to the restaurant’s ambience.

I have to confess to not paying attention to the interior and decor of the restaurant. I had a long day already, and all I wanted was to sit and put something in my stomach ASAP.

I also have to note that the waiter was very polite while he directed us to our seats and handed us the menus.

ORDERING
Never to be caught slacking or off guard, I already checked the Cactus Lagos Menu Instagram for their menu, and this made it a lot easier to make a choice even before I got there.

Many people have told me this is too much work for just eating out, but when you are like me and can never make a choice on the spot, you learn a coping mechanism. And for me, it’s scrolling through menus at home to make my meal and drink choices before I get to the restaurants.

Getting to Cactus Lagos, there were menus on the table also, so if you prefer ordering your food on the spot, you’re covered either way.

I ordered the Dynamite Shrimps and a glass of the House Wine. The Dynamite Shrimps was a plate of shrimps wrapped in flour, fried and served on a bed of lettuce covered in cheese.

If you have been an ardent follower of my blog, you’ll remember that I have a problem with wrapped foods.

By wrapped foods, I mean meat or seafood of any kind wrapped in flour, breadcrumbs and then fried.

Unfortunately, I skipped and forgot to ask the waiter if the shrimps I ordered came wrapped, which was an error on my part. A mistake I regretted making but we move yes?

Before my meal came, the waiter served us a basket of bread and mayo; as an appetizer, however, I had to return the basket as I’m not too fond of bread and I rarely eat any.

For this review, I took a trip to Cactus Lagos for a quick date after work, here is my review after dining at Cactus and what to expect.

My waiter was extremely polite; he was around whenever I needed him but didn’t hover around to cause an inconvenience.

THE FOOD
Safe to say Cactus Lagos lived up to their reputation for me. While ordering my food, I was hoping for a well-plated meal that didn’t just look great but also tasted great, and that was precisely what I got.

My meal came served on a white plate, carefully placed on a tray. I was very impressed to note that during the course of moving the meal from kitchen to tray, it didn’t shake one bit.

Now salads are definitely not my most ordered food, but the lettuce my food came in didn’t deter me one bit.

Finally, the cheeeseeee!! Exaggerating this because when I tell you the shrimps were bathed in cheese, they were soaked and bathed, and I loved it.

Read the rest of the review on my blog https://www.thechocolateoreo.com/cactus-lagos-review/

(1) (Reply)

Hardship: Boy Seen Selling A Cup Of Water For N10 In Lokoja, Kogi State. Video / Proppell: The Fruit Flavor Drink / A'm Still Confused!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.