Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,384 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Should I Move Out Or Stay? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Move Out Or Stay? (1478 Views)

I Am In A State Of Dilemma... Should I Move On? / Should I Leave Or Stay? / Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Move Out Or Stay? by Peteta: 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2021
Please I need advice.
I'm thinking of moving out of my parent's house to stay on my own but I'm worried about my parents as they are getting old. Most especially my dad who's not that strong.
I'm the last born as my other siblings have left and are staying on their own.
I don't have the freedom as I wanted.
What should I do?
Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by HopeVictor(m): 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2021
You can look for someone to take good care of them.. Or you too can stay till when you're married you move out..

1 Like

Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by Justkatty(f): 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2021
1. How strong are you financially?
2. What are your reason(reasons) that makes you want to leave? Hope, one babe never twist your head? of having freedom to explore
3. Are you ready to come together with your siblings to cater for your aged parent?
Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by extol1(m): 10:23pm On Jan 29, 2021
Justkatty:
1. How strong are you financially?
2. What are your reason(reasons) that makes you want to leave? Hope, one babe never twist your head? of having freedom to explore
3. Are you ready to come together with your siblings to cater for your aged parent?
na number 2 be in problem

1 Like

Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by Olunmercy56(f): 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2021
Please stay with them for now, they need you now unless you are of marriagable age. You can employ a nanny for them, don't live far from them, be checking them weekly. Don't let anyone distract you from taking care of your parents, they are our small gods

9 Likes

Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by Justkatty(f): 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2021
extol1:

na number 2 be in problem
lol
May God help him shaa

1 Like

Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 29, 2021
How old are you?
What kind of freedom do you seek?
Do you have what it takes to live alone?

Let me tell you, living independently is not childs play. I hope you know about the bills. You might want to consider these things first before going ahead with your plans.

You also know your aged parents need someone to take care of them and since you're still available, just stay back and look after them.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by VictorUSA(m): 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2021
Let me consult Barack Obama

Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by Richy4(m): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2021
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
You want to leave your aging parent because of a girl...? I am impressed..
Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by BlessedNuel: 10:04am On Jan 30, 2021
Just stay with them until you get married.

That's your indirect and direct duty as the lastborn.

Best wishes
Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by zoputan89113: 10:06am On Jan 30, 2021
:na number 2 be in problemlolMay God help him shaa
Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by shege45: 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
Olunmercy56:
Please stay with them for now, they need you now unless you are of marriagable age. You can employ a nanny for them, don't live far from them, be checking them weekly. Don't let anyone distract you from taking care of your parents, they are our small gods
lol so make him no leave him life? Op abeg tell them to get a teenage child from the village. You guys should train the child in school, In turn the child takes care of them. Buy phone for the child
Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by frozen70(f): 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2021
Peteta:
Please I need advice.
I'm thinking of moving out of my parent's house to stay on my own but I'm worried about my parents as they are getting old. Most especially my dad who's not that strong.
What should I do?

Since you did not state the major reason why you want to move out

It's obvious is not yet time considering that your parents are old

Stay with them for a little while and discuss how they will cope if the stay alone assuming you intend packing out
Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by Acidosis(m): 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
Peteta:
Please I need advice.
What should I do?

Call your siblings and discuss the situation with them. The eldest among you should lead the discussion. No be only you your papa and mama born.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by ImaIma1(f): 10:21pm On Jan 30, 2021
CalliDora1:
How old are you?
What kind of freedom do you seek?
Do you have what it takes to live alone?

Let me tell you, living independently is not childs play. I hope you know about the bills. You might want to consider these things first before going ahead with your plans.

You also know your aged parents need someone to take care of them and since you're still available, just stay back and look after them.

Everyone started from somewhere to start paying bills. Eventually he will have to start.

Caring for his aged parents is not his responsibility alone. He has older ones. They can all come together to decide on how they want to take good care of them.

Eventually everyone leaves home and tow their path as adults.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 30, 2021
ImaIma1:

Everyone started from somewhere to start paying bills. Eventually he will have to start.

His aged parents is not his responsibility alone. He has older ones. They can all come together to decide on how they want to take good care of them.

Let him speak for himself or do you know him in person? How could you possibly tell he's an adult?

He can only start paying bills only if he has a stable job which I doubt he has for now.

Whatever rocks his boat
Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by ImaIma1(f): 11:04pm On Jan 30, 2021
CalliDora1:

Let him speak for himself or do you know him in person? How could you possibly tell he's an adult?

He can only start paying bills only if he has a stable job which I doubt he has for now.

Whatever rocks his boat

As long as he's above adult age. And no, I don't know him personally (thanks for asking).

1 Like

Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by cococandy(f): 1:27am On Jan 31, 2021
So everyone on this thread still lives with aged/aging parents?

Op you’ve received good advice. Get together with your siblings and decide what to do.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by Bodyodour: 11:52am On Jan 31, 2021
If its sex that is motivating you to leave,you are mad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by legacystore: 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2021
stay with them until u are about to get married.

Start thinking of how to purchase a plot of land from ur savings while enjoying free accommodation. It's a win win for u. U take care of ur parent, save ur rent bill n be a land owner.

Instead of moving out to pay rent u may be moving into ur own house.
Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by legacystore: 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
ImaIma1:

Caring for his aged parents is not his responsibility alone. He has older ones. They can all come together to decide on how they want to take good care of them.

Who told u other siblings are not sending money to care for their parents. Money don't run errands, u can't quantify the miracle his presence brings to caring for their aged parents

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by lilyheaven: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2021
It’s a pity.
What’s the need of having children if they can’t care for us at old age.
So many patents struggled day and night, they only live their lives for their kids, but when it is time to care for them, you will start hearing, am I the only child.
A 63 year old woman lost her life in the hand of her house boy, in the presence of her aged husband, she was strangled to death, here in Portharcourt, the old man couldn’t do anything because he was weak.
But , both have given birth to three sons , trained them to medical schools with their hard earned money, they were all married, both none viewed it necessary to be With their parents.
I remember one of his sons lamenting how her mom begged him repeatedly to move in with them, but he refused.

Many wife’s doesn’t want to set eyes on their mother Inlaw, it’s a pity .
One by one we all grow old and seek our kids to be around us.

I was with my mother in-law until she passed away.
Thou she was my God mother, I didn’t

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move Out Or Stay? by ImaIma1(f): 5:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
legacystore:

Who told u other siblings are not sending money to care for their parents. Money don't run errands, u can't quantify the miracle his presence brings to caring for their aged parents

At no point did I say that they don't send money. Even the older ones know that it will get to a point where he will want more freedom instead of being preoccupied with caring for the parents. It's not even a job he can do alone.

It's easy for the responsibility to be dumped on the youngest with emotional blackmail attached. But there's always an alternative that will.work for everyone.

(1) (Reply)

Your Sister Or Brother,who Do U Love / Submission In A Marriage, What Does It Mean Nowadays? / President Obama: Daddy's Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.