Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension (23861 Views)

First Lagos-Ibadan Container Train Sets Off From Apapa Port / Photos Of Apapa Port After Rainfall / Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Biodun556(m): 12:06am On Jan 30, 2021
The Federal Government announced that the Apapa Port railway, which is an extension of the Lagos Ibadan rail has been completed.

This was announced by the Special Assistant to President Buhari on Digital and New Media, Tolu Ogunlesi on Friday evening.

“Pleased to announce that the extension of the Lagos Ibadan Rail Line into Apapa Port is “Substantially completed”, according to the NRC. Test-running has started, a locomotive actually went into the Port yesterday,” Ogunlesi said.
https://nairametrics.com/2021/01/29/apapa-port-railway-extension-substantially-completed-fg/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by TANID(m): 12:12am On Jan 30, 2021
OK THAT'S GOOD DEVELOPMENT

Modify: so I'm Ftc anyways This's Not My First Time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by kolaaderin: 2:16am On Jan 30, 2021
Great news. The inland ports can now be serviced by the port hence Decongesting Lagos gradually. APC is a failure, but PDP must be put to history book forever, never again should they rule over Nigerians.

150 Likes 14 Shares

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by blamingthedevil: 2:31am On Jan 30, 2021
President Buhari is the best Nigeria President ever in term of infrastructure, accountability,probity, sincerity and keeping to promises.

God Bless President Buhari
God Bless APC
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

92 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Blue3k(m): 3:20am On Jan 30, 2021
Wow that's great news. Now cargo just moves on rail instead of cars. The FG needs to continue this with everyother port.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Formularcr7: 3:43am On Jan 30, 2021
Mr infrastructure is doing wonders with little resources

55 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by tricksters: 5:04am On Jan 30, 2021
God can't bless Buhari for his glaring failure in securing lives n properties but Glory to God for giving him the insight to see all these infrastructural development tru unlike the devilish demonic looting party the PDP that plunder Nigerians wealth for good 16 years.

blamingthedevil:
President Buhari is the best Nigeria President ever in term of infrastructure, accountability,probity, sincerity and keeping to promises.

God Bless APC

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Sirjamo: 5:08am On Jan 30, 2021
For sixteen years, the Poverty Development Party used our oil boom money on subsidy scam

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:04am On Jan 30, 2021
Seriously? embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Tonymario58: 6:04am On Jan 30, 2021
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Femich18(m): 6:05am On Jan 30, 2021
Good. I hope sanity returns to that road since trucks and trailers will be cleared off the road

6 Likes

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Bolustical: 6:06am On Jan 30, 2021
This is one of the most important things President Buhari has done for the country. The linking has many advantages:

-Makes clearing easier, containers can go to Ibadan dry port for clearing.
-Reduces pressure on the roads.
-Reduces accidents caused by trucks.
-Eliminates parking on the Apapa Roads.

This is what we should have had since 1999 but you know the history.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Bolustical: 6:06am On Jan 30, 2021
With this, Nigeria has stopped working for some people.

Especially the truck owners and those making illegal money from the roads those trucks ply.

When you see some people complaining bitterly that Nigeria is no longer working, it most likely that the country has made progress in such a way that they can no longer make money illegally.

79 Likes 12 Shares

[s]
ZACHIE:
Which one again is SUBSTANTIALLY COMPLETED?
Na so they told us Boko Haram is TECHNICALLY DEFEATED.

Anyway, soon we will see.
[/s]
We know this development makes you sad, just keep the sadness to yourself.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by solmusdesigns: 6:07am On Jan 30, 2021
cool

Ibadan dry port is about to turn Oyo State around for good... Containers from Apapa gets transferred to Ibadan for clearance through the new rail

Time for smart people to go buy land around the critical points, and position themselves for cashing out through land banking and investment

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by wellsaid2: 6:07am On Jan 30, 2021
cool
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 30, 2021
The administration dey too much abeg.
See all the things they done do for the nation.
Over 3000 completed projects
Dem too much abeg

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by HeavenCSO: 6:07am On Jan 30, 2021
Wow pretty

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by MrImole: 6:07am On Jan 30, 2021
E ku ise o

Before I praise the government, let me confirm the authenticity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Gkay1(m): 6:08am On Jan 30, 2021
good news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 30, 2021
Our oyel money. grin
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Juventus4life: 6:11am On Jan 30, 2021
blamingthedevil:

God Bless APC

I'm with you but please remove that accountability.

the man dey try for both human and capital development.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Chicastle: 6:12am On Jan 30, 2021
kolaaderin:
Great news. The inland ports can now be serviced by the port hence Decongesting Lagos gradually. APC is a failure, but PDP must be put to history book forever, never again should they rule over Nigerians.

That PDP never cares at all I just wish they never rule this country again

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by ZACHIE: 6:12am On Jan 30, 2021
Which one again is SUBSTANTIALLY COMPLETED?
Na so they told us Boko Haram is TECHNICALLY DEFEATED.

Anyway, soon we will see.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by olaboy33(m): 6:12am On Jan 30, 2021
Commendable.

I urge the FG to as much as possible reduce the fare for the Lagos-Ibadan train.
This is so the common man can afford it and see it as a better alternative to road transport.

Chicastle:

That PDP never cares at all I just wish they never rule this country again

It was a very good thing Pdp was removed from power.

They had stayed so long in power that systemic corruption was institutionalized.

They couldn't afford to fix certain things not because the funds were not available but because the source of income of their numerous cronies would be affected.

The APC shouldn't be allowed to stay for too long also.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by eedimo(m): 6:12am On Jan 30, 2021
�️

2 Likes

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 30, 2021
Some persons won't like this. Especially those trucking (logistics) companies and their employees. Downsizing is coming.

This kinda reminds me of the popular Glo advert, wherein a certain kid kept yelling "it's coming, it's coming" Some persons might soon be jobless and its coming.

The question is what should an employee expect in this regard? Least I forget, I think we should do a thread on workplace injuries (industrial accidents), employee compensation plan and the position of the law.

Like, if you think we show educate our ignorance in this regard, especially as it concerns contract staff.

14 Likes

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Lexusgs430: 6:15am On Jan 30, 2021
It's about time........

All those trucks that swings all over the road, MUST all be crushed............

2 Likes

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Coronavirus1: 6:17am On Jan 30, 2021
tricksters:
God can't bless Buhari for his glaring failure in securing lives n properties but Glory to God for giving him the insight to see all these infrastructural development tru unlike the devilish demonic looting party the PDP that plunder Nigerians wealth for good 16 years.

The project are Goodluck Jonathan project but Buhari has don well by not abandoning the project though to me he is a failure in many ways

1 Like

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Coronavirus1: 6:19am On Jan 30, 2021
The project are Goodluck Jonathan project but Buhari has don well by not abandoning the project though to me he is a failure in many ways, The youth are suffering the masses are dying of hunger no single good road in south south and south west
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Bigsunny01(m): 6:20am On Jan 30, 2021
Dirty environment is all I see

Go take a look at other countries rain line, u see dem with clean environment

Na who una dey deceive building infrastructures inside dirty environment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident Between Tipper And Toyota Camry On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photos) / FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports / Turkish Airways Crash Lands, Skids Off Runway, Almost Plunged Into Black Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.