Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls (666 Views)

How To Differentiate A Fake Transfer From An Original One / Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) / How To Identify A Fake Naira Note (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls by Parrot173(m): 6:45am On Jan 30, 2021
I'm into business that I receive and send too much eryday but I'm now beginning to get scared with rampant increase in FLASH/FAKE ALERT case this day's my question here are...
1-How do you best identify this fake alerts...
2-Does it reflect in your Mobile app balance...
3-do you see the alert in your emails too
Re: How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls by arkonpoint: 6:52am On Jan 30, 2021
The bank app is the best option, me think. You can view transactions in real time, in and out.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 30, 2021
Download your bank mobile app

1 Like

Re: How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls by criuze(m): 7:24am On Jan 30, 2021
you'll check down from your initial balance
i guess they can't find your initial balance

1 Like

Re: How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls by nifemi25(m): 7:40am On Jan 30, 2021
Firstly if it's a must you accept transfer.
1, Never believe in debit alert the sender shows you. It might be a screen shot and fake alert.
2, Open your bank app instantly to confirm any transaction. Always refresh your app to make sure you see the alert in your bank app to confirm.
3,Only believe in your own bank app.
4, a scammer will shows you a debit alert on his own phone and will always be in hurry to leave.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls by SavageResponse(m): 7:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
Parrot173:
I'm into business that I receive and send too much eryday but I'm now beginning to get scared with rampant increase in FLASH/FAKE ALERT case this day's my question here are...

Do not rely on a debit alert in another person's phone.

Make sure you always log into your account to check that the payment has reflected in your account

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls by okooloyun1(m): 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
Parrot173:
Fake alerts won't show your account balance.
Re: How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls by mrsage(m): 9:22pm On Jan 31, 2021
You have several options:

1. Bank app. The bank app will always shape your correct balance.

2. Ussd. Every bank had a set of numbers available to customers to carry out transaction. Just dial the ussd code to request for your balance.

3. Email notification. It's very effective too.
Re: How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls by lilioj: 12:11am On Feb 01, 2021
You can have 2 lines, use the line that is not attached to your bank for business.
Because fake alerts are sent to the phone number the fraudster knows.
So if you see an alert on your business line then you will know it's fake.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls by Birniwa(m): 4:09am On Feb 01, 2021
Those doing fake bank alert are now smarter than what you guys are thinking of them here. Fake bank alert today, is normal bank transaction that can be reversed to the original sender after some period of time (designated by the sender).

So this is to say, when you receive a fake bank alert, you will receive a normal sms alert on your regular alert number, it shows on your mobile app and even on your email all with your current balance.

I'll not go into details how this guys get to send real money to you that later gets reversed back to them but I'll do one thing: if you're a business owner and you intend to receive bank transfer from a customer you don't personally know, please ask them to show you acceptable ID card that reflects the real name of the bank account name they want to send money from.

This way you're reducing fraud by ensuring that you receive money from the person that cousins to have the back account.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls by mrsage(m): 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2021
Birniwa:
Those doing fake bank alert are now smarter than what you guys are thinking of them here. Fake bank alert today, is normal bank transaction that can be reversed to the original sender after some period of time (designated by the sender).

So this is to say, when you receive a fake bank alert, you will received a normal sms alert on your regular alert number, it shows on your mobile app and even on your email all with your current balance.

I'll not go into details how this guys get to send real money to you that later gets reversed back to them but I'll do one thing: if you're a business owner and you intend to receive bank transfer from a customer you don't personally know, please ask them to show you acceptable ID card that reflects the real name of the bank account name they want to send money from.

This way you're reducing fraud by ensuring that you receive money from the person that cousins to have the back account.

I've also heard of this new system where they send money to an account then reverse.

First make sure the funds reflect in your "account balance" not "book balance".

If the money does not reflect in your account balance, consider it as an incomplete transaction and hold on to whatever item you wish to sell.

Then move it immediately to another bank account the moment it reflects in your account balance.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls by Birniwa(m): 8:00pm On Feb 01, 2021
mrsage:

I've also heard of this new system where they send money to an account then reverse.

First make sure the funds reflect in your "account balance" not "book balance".

If the money does not reflect in your account balance, consider it as an incomplete transaction and hold on to whatever item you wish to sell.

Then move it immediately to another bank account the moment it reflects in your account balance.

The thing about this fake alert scam is that the money can still settle in your main account and still be reversed back to the original sender. They're using some sophisticated machines to override the banks and have funds reversed even after they've been authorized from the bank's end or simply using some insiders in the banks to have this done. Both ways are being used.

Again, immediately transferring such funds to another account the moment you receive them won't work. Banks have the privilege to trail and trace money no matter how many thousand accounts it exchanges into.

Like I mentioned earlier, the best way to deal with situations like this is to ensure you know everyone who's sending money to you very well. And since this is not possible to know all your customers as a business owner, second best way is to ensure you have a copy of or proof of identification of the person sending money to you. Their name on the ID has to match the one they're sending money from, to you.
Re: How Do I Identify A Fake Alert....pls by mrsage(m): 11:30pm On Feb 03, 2021
Birniwa:

The thing about this fake alert scam is that the [b]money can still settle in your main account and still be reversed back to the original sender. [/b]They're using some sophisticated machines to override the banks and have funds reversed even after they've been authorized from the bank's end or simply using some insiders in the banks to have this done. Both ways are being used.

Again, immediately transferring such funds to another account the moment you receive them won't work. Banks have the privilege to trail and trace money no matter how many thousand accounts it exchanges into.

Like I mentioned earlier, the best way to deal with situations like this is to ensure you know everyone who's sending money to you very well. And since this is not possible to know all your customers as a business owner, second best way is to ensure you have a copy of or proof of identification of the person sending money to you. Their name on the ID has to match the one they're sending money from, to you.

I want to believe this will take some time. At least a few minutes.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Checkout The Exotic Beauty Salon In Awka Owned By A Nairalander / 150 Questions From Jamb Novel "The Life Changer" / Hoe to apply for a Nigeria Certificate Of Good Conduct - Nigeria PCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.