Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,519 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? (3345 Views)

Nigerian Army Reconstructs Collapsed ATBU Bridge (photos) / 8 Common Academic Related Slangs In Nigerian Universities / Four UNN Students That Made First Class At The Nigerian Law School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by Chelsea350(f): 9:39am On Jan 30, 2021
Please can someone put me through on the reason why Nigerian female Generals and Major Generals are not common in the Army. Though there are few Notable ones among them such as Major General Aderonke Kale and Major General Abimbola Amasu.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by airminem(f): 9:42am On Jan 30, 2021
Chelsea350:
Please can someone put me through on the reason why Nigerian female Generals and Major Generals are not common in the Army. Though there are few Notable ones among them such as Major General Aderonke Kale and Major General Abimbola Amasu.
I am just realizing we even gat two (ALPHA-female)Maj. Gen

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by troublemakea(m): 9:48am On Jan 30, 2021
Chelsea350:

If not for the spoilt Nigerian settings Ladies/women in the Army ain't supposed to pass the rank of a Major. what wars do they go for or fight?? how many military success stories has been attributed to military women? I'll categorically tell you those two we have self are not worth the rank

15 Likes

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by Valleys(m): 9:56am On Jan 30, 2021
Chelsea350:

First thing first, how many women entered the military 25 to 30yrs ago. There are prerequisite to being promoted to the rank of general.

As more women enter the military, the chance of them becoming generals becomes bigger. They will not come your street and start dishing out ranks.

19 Likes

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by thesicilian: 10:24am On Jan 30, 2021
They are only good for one thing.
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 30, 2021
They are not common in any part of the world

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by HitlerGaddafi: 2:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
Chelsea350:
Firstly , from the construct of your sentence, you obviously think a major general is higher in rank than a general. You're wrong, a general is superior to a major general . A general is the highest rank of the army.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by careytommy37(m): 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
From OP, I can deduce sense is very far from the poster

1 Like

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by osuulola(m): 3:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:

Firstly , from the construct of your sentence, you obviously think a major general is higher in rank than a general. You're wrong, a general is superior to a major general . A general is the highest rank of the army.

Except for Field Marshall

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by solmusdesigns: 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
cool

Any rank above Colonel are all Political, just as in the police all ranks above CP are simply political

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by careytommy37(m): 3:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
solmusdesigns:
Any rank above Colonel is all Political

Correction, any rank above Brigadier General. A Colonel is more or less an administrative rank and you will mainly find them in administrative positions like ADC, Attaches, Commandants of Training Schools.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by HitlerGaddafi: 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
osuulola:

Except for Field Marshall
That's a ceremonial rank. Usually awarded to the president (GCFR).
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by majamajic(m): 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2021
Them go don enter kitchen before then
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by pointblank247(m): 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:

i think the highest rank in the army is field marshal. We've not got any in Africa except Late Idiamin of Uganda and I think his own was not merrited but on self promotion
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by osuulola(m): 4:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:

That's a ceremonial rank. Usually awarded to the president (GCFR).
No it's not. It's an actual rank. Presidents once wear the uniform.
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
Make I ask my army frnd first B4 I answer u op

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by ceemanly(m): 4:27pm On Jan 30, 2021
Here is how Beurax is changing lives around the world!

So if  you put $100 in BTC OR ETH... Here’s an example:$100 in ETH today is 0.08073 ETH You’d create your free account. Stake your 0.08073 ETH Then every business day for the next 20 (no weekends) you’d get a daily return of 1.4% on that which would be 0.00113022 ETH (which equates to $1.40 per day) Over your 20 day contract (not including weekends) you’ll have received $28 or 0.0226044 ETH!

The cool thing is on your last return day, you get your final return amount PLUS what you originally staked! So if the price of ETH stayed the same, you’d get back a total of 0.1033344 ETH ($128 if the market stayed the same, but it the market goes up, so does that value of ETH)So what’s exciting is you are getting your returns in ETH (or BTC if you choose to do that)Then you can either send it to your wallet or start a new plan. You can do as many plans as you’d like too.

Make sense? Global and Passive!

Register now https://sharebeurax.com/?id=559668209695694

Check it out! Grab your free spot and let’s get you earning daily on your crypto portfolio!

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by Liposure: 5:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:

in some countries. In nigeria, Field marshal is the highest
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by Liposure: 5:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
careytommy37:

Correction, any rank above Brigadier General. A Colonel is more or less an administrative rank and you will mainly find them in administrative positions like ADC, Attaches, Commandants of Training Schools.
some colonels go to battles
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
Chelsea350:
Can Dey Do What Most Of D Men Are Doing? If Dey Were Told To Do What D Men Are Doing, Won't U Tag Dem Wicked? D Challenges D Men Faces In D Army Are Higher Dan D Challenges D Women Faces.
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by careytommy37(m): 5:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
Liposure:
some colonels go to battles

This usually happens in countries like Nigeria where bastardisation is inevitable due to things like federal character and tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by Dammyzeal007(m): 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2021
pointblank247:
i think the highest rank in the army is field marshal. We've not got any in Africa except Late Idiamin of Uganda and I think his own was not merrited but on self promotion
there are only two in African, they are late IDi amin Of Uganda and current president of Egypt field marshal El Sisi

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by sunshineV(f): 6:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
na sergent go dey fvck her nah
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by Hushbingo: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
Chelsea350:
The first set of female cadets admitted to the defence academy was in 2003 or there about.....

I still don't know how that woman major general got her rank...
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by alphaNomega: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
thesicilian:
They are only good for one thing.
Anal séx

There is one queen anal lucci nairalander here. If you doubt me, ask her. She's a soldier and likes being butt fuçked
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by Obakashdee(m): 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2021
You think say Major General na by say you join army last week
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by oshonwambada: 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
troublemakea:

If not for the spoilt Nigerian settings Ladies/women in the Army ain't supposed to pass the rank of a Major. what wars do they go for or fight?? how many military success stories has been attributed to military women? I'll categorically tell you those two we have self are not worth the rank
how many military raids have the so called male generals have been outside the shores of Nigeria?religion and tribe are the criteria for becoming a general in our useless army

1 Like

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by solmusdesigns: 7:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
oshonwambada:
how many military raids have the so called male generals have been outside the shores of Nigeria?religion and tribe are the criteria for becoming a general in our useless army

I guess you stay in a cave not to hear of Serial Leon, Liberia, Sudan, Congo and many missions they went for and got medals

1 Like

Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
alphaNomega:
Anal séx

There is one queen anal lucci nairalander here. If you doubt me, ask her. She's a soldier and likes being butt fuçked
Being black is not a genetic disorder.
''I don't want to do' is different from "I don't know how or what to do".

Mr Buhari and other African rulers know the basics of ruling.
But they can choose to be despicable or pretend not to know.
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2021
alphaNomega:
Anal séx

Concerning female soldiers,I don't think they should be fighting wars.
Re: Why Are Female Generals And Major Generals Not Common In The Nigerian Army? by ProfAmaben(m): 7:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
Why are female soldiers not dieing like their male counterparts despite the unrest in Nigeria?

So you want men to die for you while you become their generals? Women don't deserve anything for free, fight for power if you can.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

WAHALA Dey:mass Failure And Cancelation Looms In Jamb If ? ? ? / Nigerian Family With 10 Professors / Insurance 101: Insurance Education For The People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.