Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,556 members, 7,837,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Caf-champions League - All-time Top Goalscorers - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Caf-champions League - All-time Top Goalscorers (627 Views)

Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer / Ronaldo Becomes Euros All Time Top Scorer / AFCON: Odion Ighalo, Sadio Mane Top Goalscorers' Chart (see Table) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caf-champions League - All-time Top Goalscorers by Clytee: 9:54am On Jan 30, 2021
Hi Guys my name is Micheal and i like to write on Nigerian Premier League , Caf Champions league anything that involves Nigerian and African football. Ill be posting a lot on them on the forum

We always talk about Christiano Ronaldo been the all time Goal Scorer in the Uefa champions league with 128 Goals, but do people really know who are the all time goal scorers for the CAF Champions League.

Today we would be looking at the top 10 all time top goal scorers in The CAF Champions League, Sadly there are no Nigerian Players in the top 20 but there are two Nigerians in the top 35 List you can see the rest on our blog on the link.
Looking at the list you would notice it is dominated by North and Central Africans, i believe they take the continental competition more serious that other parts of Africa. Most of this players are from Al-Ahly and TP Mazembe

What is the CAF Champions League?

The CAF Champions League is an annual continental club football competition run by the CAF. The top club sides from Africa’s football leagues are invited to participate in this competition. Due to sponsorship reasons, the official name is Total CAF Champions League, with Total Champions League also in use
Current champion: Al Ahly SC
Most successful club(s): Al Ahly; (9 titles)
Number of teams: 16 (Group stage); 68 (Total); (from 56 associations)
Qualifier for: CAF Super Cup; FIFA Club World Cup

Lets get started

Mohamed Aboutrika - 31 Goals

The African R9
Mohamed Mohamed Mohamed Aboutrika is an Egyptian retired professional footballer who played as an attacking midfielder and a forward. He is often considered the best Egyptian player in history and is widely regarded as one of the greatest African footballers of all time. I dont think there is any african player that has been more better than this guy
Aboutrika Scored 31 Goals in 88 Matches for Al-Ahly of Egypt
Awards: BBC African Footballer of the Year, CAF Africa’s finest XI, African Player of the Year - Based in Africa

Trésor Mputu- 28 Goals

Trésor Mputu Mabi is a Congolese football midfielder and striker who plays for TP Mazembe and the Democratic Republic of the Congo national football team
Awards: African Player of the Year - Based in Africa
Mputu Scored 28 Goals in 62 Matches

Emad Meteb - 24 Goals

Emad Mohamed Abd El Naby Ibrahim Moteab is an Egyptian retired professional footballer who played as a striker.
Mateb Scored 24 Goals in 74 Matches

Flávio - 21 Goals

Flávio da Silva Amado (born 30 December 1979), better known as Flávio, is an Angolan former professional footballer striker
Flavio Scored 21 Goals in 54 Matches

Mbwana Samatta- 20 Goals

Mbwana Ally Samatta is a Tanzanian professional footballer who plays as a striker for Turkish club Fenerbahçe on loan from Premier League club Aston Villa, and the Tanzania national team. Samatta began his career as a youth player for Tanzanian club African Lyon in 2008
Samatta Scored 20 Goals in 40 Matches

Dioko Kaluyituka - 18 Goals

Alain Kaluyituka is a DR Congo association football player who is currently playing as a forward. He has represented his country Congo DR 30 times, scoring 9 times. He has also represented his former club TP Mazembe in International football in both CAF Champions League and the FIFA Club World Cup.
18 Goals in 33 Games

Edward Sadomba - 18

Edward Takarinda Sadomba is a Zimbabwean former international footballer who currently plays as a forward for Dynamos
18 Goals in 43 Matcjes

Walid Soliman- 17 Goals
[img]https://see.news/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/images-2019-05-10T213533.463.jpeg[/img]
Walid Soliman Said Obaid is an Egyptian professional footballer who plays as a winger and an Attacking Midfielder for Egyptian club Al Ahly and the Egypt national team
17 Goals in 74 Matches

Mohamed Barakat - 16 Goals

Mohamed Barakat is a retired Egyptian footballer. A right-footed playmaker, Barakat usually played as an offensive right winger or attacking midfielder for Egyptian club Al Ahly and the Egyptian National Team. He is considered by many as one of the most talented players in Africa
16 Goals in 68 Matches

Yannick N’Djeng - 15 Goals

Yannick N’Djeng is a Cameroonian football player who plays for AS Fortuna de Mfou
15 Goals in 39 Matches

Source
https://clytee.com/d/1475-caf-champions-league-all-time-top-goalscorers

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Caf-champions League - All-time Top Goalscorers by Clytee: 9:54am On Jan 30, 2021
Re: Caf-champions League - All-time Top Goalscorers by paulolee(m): 11:19am On Jan 30, 2021
too bad no Nigeria players in the top 5 but when it comes to car competition, I give it to those north African clubs because they take id very seriously..
about the goal scoring records am happy seeing afircan legends like abutrika and mputu keeping dt record for a long time..
Re: Caf-champions League - All-time Top Goalscorers by softplaceng: 11:22am On Jan 30, 2021
paulolee:
too bad no Nigeria players in the top 5 but when it comes to car competition, I give it to those north African clubs because they take id very seriously..
about the goal scoring records am happy seeing afircan legends like abutrika and mputu keeping dt record for a long time..

I noticed most of them are even retired
Re: Caf-champions League - All-time Top Goalscorers by paulolee(m): 12:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
softplaceng:

I noticed most of them are even retired
yes...dts d glory days of caf champions league, when local.players fight to score goals and win it, unlike now dt its filled with corruption which is making our local players seeking greener pastures abroad..

1 Like

Re: Caf-champions League - All-time Top Goalscorers by babington91(m): 12:24am On Jan 31, 2021
how many goals did Stephen Worgu scored for Eyimba then?
Re: Caf-champions League - All-time Top Goalscorers by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 31, 2021
Emad Motaeb and Flavio Amando were Al Ahly stalwarts back in the day.

But Aboutreika was the real star.

Those were the best days of the CAF Champions League.

I used to look forward to seeing every single match on TV. It was a family affair- me, my father, my brother. Good old days.

Indeed, gone are the days...

Apart from Amando, there was this other Angolan at Ahly. I think his name was Gilberto or something like that.

(1) (Reply)

How I Won 2.6 Million Naira On Betbonanza Virtuals - Shola, Ilorin / Best Football Prediction Site Of The Year / Is This Curse Truly Following Josep Guardiola?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.