Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut (3821 Views)

Fernando Torres Retires From Football After 6-1 Final Match Loss In Japan(Photos / Fernando Torres Announces Retirement / Fernando Torres In Uyo For Atletico VS Super Eagles (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by wisestman(m): 11:48am On Jan 30, 2021
WWE has a lot of surprises at the Royal Rumble match every year, with unexpected entrees into the fight. The company has now certainly piqued the interest of thousands of Soccer fans across the globe with a huge announcement.

In a recent post on Twitter, WWE dropped the major news that soccer legend Fernando Torres will be a part of the Royal Rumble match on January 31st!

‘El Niño’ is apparently gearing up for the event and will provide further updates following his revelation. By the looks of it, the star is set to compete in the match itself rather than merely make an appearance.

Fernando Torres is one of the best players of his generation
Fernando Torres had a glorious career as a soccer player, playing for various clubs. He is well known for his time in Liverpool, Chelsea, and Atletico Madrid.

Torres’ career is decorated with a UEFA Champions League win (with Chelsea), a UEFA Europa League win (with Atletico Madrid), an FA Cup win (with Chelsea) along with various other individual honors.

For his country Spain, Torres was in the famous FIFA World Cup-winning team of 2010, and also played a part in Spain’s 2008 and 2010 European Championship glory. He is the country’s third-highest all-time leading goalscorer, having netted 38 goals for Spain.

Known for his invasive and clinical style of attacking, Torres was nicknamed ‘El Niño’ (The Kid) like the menacing seasonal storm.

Fernando Torres left the field as one of the greatest attackers of his time and was part of the golden generation of Spain that won everything put in front of them.

The soccer star will now grace WWE with his presence at Royal Rumble. We would surely like to see a kicking contest between him and Pat McAfee.

WWE is banking on star-power to increase viewership
WWE has been including famous stars from other sports for the last few years in its PPVs. Earlier, NFL player Rob Gronkowski also had a short stint with the company and even managed to briefly hold the 24/7 Championship.

The company has asked fans if they want to see more soccer players appear at the Rumble. So, we may see more than just Torres.

The inclusion of famous personalities in their events is WWE’s way of increasing viewership by attracting different fanbases. The company can now count on the vast European Soccer fanbase tuning in on January 31.

Source: https://www.essentiallysports.com/wwe-news-raw-smackdown-soccer-football-news-breaking-liverpool-and-chelsea-legend-fernando-torres-to-make-his-wwe-debut-at-royal-rumble-2021/

Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by lahp(m): 11:53am On Jan 30, 2021
WWE has always been fake to me.

no real pain injuries.

i wonder how u go just dy ur dy person go drag u throw for rope u go bounce come back meet am for am to blow u..

the film dem make me tire.

u go shock say torres go dy give people spear yet e neck no go break

9 Likes

Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by OlawaleBammie: 12:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
lahp:

no real pain injuries.

i wonder how u go just dy ur dy person go drag u throw for rope u go bounce come back meet am for am to blow u..

Don't mind dem grin

Tho we all know that wrestling is not real unlike boxing and kickboxing

U can never see me wasting my time watching WWE, laelae

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by general111(m): 1:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
Wwe is scripted.
I cant be watching it na.
I will rather downlload a movie

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by UncleHaba22: 2:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
Wwe na scame

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:30pm On Jan 30, 2021
Torres better enjoy your retirement in peace all these wrestlers deal on hard drugs do you want to become a drug addict?

1 Like

Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by Obakoolex(m): 5:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
The guy wey him glory go down as e cut his long hair like Samson in the Bible grin
Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
lahp:

no real pain injuries.

It's Real. Many Of Dem Gets Injured Or Even Hospitalize 4 Several Months.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by Great100000: 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
shocked shocked shocked

Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by Great100000: 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

Don't mind dem grin

Tho we all know that wrestling is not real unlike boxing and kickboxing

U can never see me wasting my time watching WWE, laelae
But you watched it.....
Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by OlawaleBammie: 6:05pm On Jan 30, 2021
Great100000:
But you watched it.....

I don't watch wrestling guy, I hate it.

Besides, I don't sit in front of screens that much

1 Like

Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by SamgoldBaba: 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2021
Hustle continues
Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2021
Nigerians can believe anything
Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by wiseone28: 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
Na Torres made me fan Liverpool

1 Like

Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by paulolee(m): 11:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
funny coming from. wwe even if we all know its a fake n scripted comedy show to entertain d viewers..
CNT wait to see cr7 n messi make dier debut..too cnt wait to see cr7 giving messi a nice smackdown...
Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by 3gpvids: 12:09am On Jan 31, 2021
Make him no miss to cum the show o.....una know torres abi? hian
Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by StubbornGENIUS: 12:34am On Jan 31, 2021
Torres is currenntly coaching Atletico's B team.It's impossible for him to compete in WWE,at least for now.Though his new look will make you think he's a heavyweight wrestler.
Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by Nobody: 4:38am On Jan 31, 2021
This doesn't make sense, for all the big pay cheque he has received all his career, Torres is probably richer than all the current wwe wrestlers combined together and except Dwayne johnson AKA the rock, i don't see any wrestler in history that is richer than Torres.

This is why i say this doesn't make sense as to why he is doing this. Or Maybe it's just to increase the viewership of the royal rumble so it's just a one match deal and it's not really about the money because he is famous already and even as a coach of the B team in athletico, he earns more than any current wwe superstar.

You know, sometimes i feel most soccer players are not very creative off the field except for very few that already has a business empire like lionel Messi, Ronaldo and Ozil.
This is why majority of them goes into coaching after their career ends though i know most of them that goes into coaching are not really there because of the money but because of passion for the game but personally if I've made the kind of money that Torres has made In football, i can't go into coaching, i will be a business tycoon in my country and he even has dual citizenship both in spain and in the UK.

Most business tycoon today don't even have half of the cash most young footballers like mbappe has when they first started their business empire.

What majority of this young footballers see are fast cars, private jets, five star hotels and vacations, models, actresses and strippers ( sex) and nothing else.
Most of them don't think outside the box.

Kudos to Ozil, Lionel Messi and c ronaldo for changing the narratives.

Most people don't know that Ozil has a billion dollars company.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by FatherCHRISTMAS: 7:31am On Jan 31, 2021
But it's coming from Opera news
Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by 400billionman: 7:58am On Jan 31, 2021
Goodluck to him...
Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by potbelly(m): 8:53am On Jan 31, 2021
WWE = World wrestling entertainment...

Its all entertainment but as the wrestlers do the stunts to entertain they do get injured..

That's why there is usually a caveat - do not try this at home.

lahp:

no real pain injuries.

Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by potent5(m): 8:55am On Jan 31, 2021
Lol
Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by Kapilta(m): 10:11am On Jan 31, 2021
paulolee:
funny coming from. wwe even if we all know its a fake n scripted comedy show to entertain d viewers..
CNT wait to see cr7 n messi make dier debut..too cnt wait to see cr7 giving messi a nice smackdown...
Penaldo can't shine in such sport. There's no 'gbereje' in such sport. No waiting in the box for free tap ins, no unnecessary diving so as to get another free spot kick and worst of all there are only professionals to compete with not some farmers cum players like lithuania team. Only someone not a striker buh have record goals, someone that can beat 5 opponents with a touch, someone that can single handedly lead his team to a WC final can fair well in WWE. Tell Penaldo to go and compete with Lee Min Ho, he might get his chances with dat one.
Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by Rammerodmc: 12:41am On Feb 01, 2021
His village people finally diverted his calling.Let him sha be wearing mask and social distancing while on it. Some of these ex Chelsea players will never cease to amaze me....
Re: Liverpool And Chelsea Legend Fernando Torres To Make His WWE Debut by Thazard(m): 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2021
lahp:

no real pain injuries.

(1) (Reply)

Figures Released By The Football Association Showed Liverpool Paid Out More / 19-year-old Super Eagles Goalkeeper Breaks World Cup Record Against Iceland / Government To Disband Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.