Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Why Are English Press So Biased - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Are English Press So Biased (484 Views)

Why Are Nairaland Mods So Biased, They Are Full Of Hatred For Just One Person / Disappointed Mourinho Makes Interesting Press Statements About The New Season / Conte Attacks English Press And Claims They Write A Lot Of Bullshit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are English Press So Biased by jumper524(m): 1:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
even before the arrival of tuchel, pundits were already predicting doom for the new Chelsea boss. it was obvious they aren't really happy with lampard sacking.
they were so happy Influencing the decision of lampard lineup from the comfort of their studio.

tuchel arrived and made an impressive start to life, Chelsea were filled with domination and creativity but only lacked the final touch.
while it was almost impossible for pundits to criticize any player on pitch that day, they had to take advantage of Mason mount second half impact and summarize the entire play.

with the way Chelsea performance against wolves, there's hardly any faulty player on pitch that night. jorginho, kovacic and havert were all impressive in the midfield that night.
don't get me wrong I know mount is a good player but I think English press and pundits should stop trying to force the young lad on the neck of every Chelsea coach.
haverts, kovacic ain't really bad players also.
the pundits should learn to respect the choices of coaches or better still go find a coaching job and fail like they always do..

Paul Merson has explained that Thomas Tuchel’s decision to play Kai Havertz and Hakim Ziyech together on Wednesday night didn’t work.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/paul-merson-explains-which-thomas-touches-plan-didnt-work-in-first-chelsea-game/

always looking for a way to force mount into the line up.

English press disgust me.
Re: Why Are English Press So Biased by paulolee(m): 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
sentiments, bias and overhyping wont allow them speak the truth...and dts d main reason England players and coaches are struggling till date..
imagine a flop lingaard getting a westham deal and a big player like ozil going to turkey, assuming ozil is English, he would move to a big club in EPL..

1 Like

Re: Why Are English Press So Biased by newguy1(m): 6:48am On Jan 31, 2021
No Mind d English, the most painful thing about this is that 90 percent of there journalists/ pundits are ex footballers who should know better. Through out the last 8 games of lampard. Non of them said d reality about what was wrong with lampard game but when the real business oriented team did d needful they r herring talking about giving him time to do what exactly? English should keep it up till Africa wins d World Cup they are not getting anywhere in d senior team game. Take a look at south gate team selection too taking players only from d top team either d player is a regular or bench warmer

1 Like

Re: Why Are English Press So Biased by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 31, 2021
This is the reason why English based players flop abroad
Re: Why Are English Press So Biased by AAA593: 10:00am On Jan 31, 2021
Michael Owen, a useless and sided man on TV. I so hate him
Re: Why Are English Press So Biased by Ejebleje: 10:11am On Jan 31, 2021
I totally agree. They're behind the hype that the epl is the best league. I can't begin to name players that they've praised to high heavens , most of whom are at best average players ;Joe hart,Walcott, stones,Jack wilshere ,micah Richards..I could go on and on
Re: Why Are English Press So Biased by reccy(m): 11:59am On Jan 31, 2021
I could rember during lampard era, they talked and analysed as if nothing happened with chelsea.
They talked blindly and assume everybody is blind.

But thank God, the man called Abramovich no dy listen to their gilberish.

You messed up, you meet your sack leader in your desk. Its very simple.
Re: Why Are English Press So Biased by Dannyfan(m): 2:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ejebleje:
I totally agree. They're behind the hype that the epl is the best league. I can't begin to name players that they've praised to high heavens , most of whom are at best average players ;Joe hart,Walcott, stones,Jack wilshere ,micah Richards..I could go on and on
So which is the best league?
Re: Why Are English Press So Biased by niyidenrele: 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
newguy1:
No Mind d English, the most painful thing about this is that 90 percent of there journalists/ pundits are ex footballers who should know better. Through out the last 8 games of lampard. Non of them said d reality about what was wrong with lampard game but when the real business oriented team did d needful they r herring talking about giving him time to do what exactly? English should keep it up till Africa wins d World Cup they are not getting anywhere in d senior team game. Take a look at south gate team selection too taking players only from d top team either d player is a regular or bench warmer

God bless you.You nailed it
Re: Why Are English Press So Biased by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2021
paulolee:
sentiments, bias and overhyping wont allow them speak the truth...and dts d main reason England players and coaches are struggling till date..
imagine a flop lingaard getting a westham deal and a big player like ozil going to turkey, assuming ozil is English, he would move to a big club in EPL..

If Ozil had been English you'd be hearing "best midfielder in the history of the game".
Re: Why Are English Press So Biased by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
Dannyfan:
So which is the best league?
Check the UEFA Coefficient table for the past 10 years.
Re: Why Are English Press So Biased by quickly: 7:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
jumper524:
even before the arrival of tuchel, pundits were already predicting doom for the new Chelsea boss. it was obvious they aren't really happy with lampard sacking.
they were so happy Influencing the decision of lampard lineup from the comfort of their studio.

tuchel arrived and made an impressive start to life, Chelsea were filled with domination and creativity but only lacked the final touch.
while it was almost impossible for pundits to criticize any player on pitch that day, they had to take advantage of Mason mount second half impact and summarize the entire play.

with the way Chelsea performance against wolves, there's hardly any faulty player on pitch that night. jorginho, kovacic and havert were all impressive in the midfield that night.
don't get me wrong I know mount is a good player but I think English press and pundits should stop trying to force the young lad on the neck of every Chelsea coach.
haverts, kovacic ain't really bad players also.
the pundits should learn to respect the choices of coaches or better still go find a coaching job and fail like they always do..

Paul Merson has explained that Thomas Tuchel’s decision to play Kai Havertz and Hakim Ziyech together on Wednesday night didn’t work.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/paul-merson-explains-which-thomas-touches-plan-didnt-work-in-first-chelsea-game/

always looking for a way to force mount into the line up.

English press disgust me.

Abegi

Nigerians are biased too

If the whole world watched npfl let’s see how objective you will be. If ur friend or townsman is playing

A man will be more sympathetic to his brother regardless
Re: Why Are English Press So Biased by quickly: 7:07pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ejebleje:

I remember talking with a Spanish man about a Real Madrid / Barcelona match and he was asking how about ur country’s league.

I said it’s underdeveloped,he said why since The country’s have a lot of good players.

Well the answer is Nigerians are not supporting their league.

Easy to complain about other ppl
Re: Why Are English Press So Biased by jumper524(m): 9:11pm On Jan 31, 2021
quickly:

Abegi

Nigerians are biased too

If the whole world watched npfl let’s see how objective you will be. If ur friend or townsman is playing

A man will be more sympathetic to his brother regardless
every one is bias but in football it's very minimal even in Nigeria..
I've seen man.u fans shouting remove ighalo here in Nigeria.
Igbo people insulting ihenacho and much more..

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United 'make Contact With Cristiano Ronaldo's Agent Over Return / Champions League Final Could Be Moved To England / Blessing Okagbare Is The Fastest Woman In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.