Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Adeboye Reacts To #SilhouetteChallenge, Says 'You're Quenching The Spirit' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Reacts To #SilhouetteChallenge, Says 'You're Quenching The Spirit' (166 Views)

Leke Adeboye Reacts To The Death Of His Brother, Dare / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Coza’s Rape Saga / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adeboye Reacts To #SilhouetteChallenge, Says 'You're Quenching The Spirit' by LegendVibes: 5:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
General overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God Pastor Enoch Adeboye has warned against online nudity, saying it quenches the spirit of God, Igbere TV reports.

His warning comes on the heels of a trend on social media, #SilhouetteChallenge, which features ladies typically dressed down while dancing to Paul Anka’s song, ‘Put Your Head On My Shoulder’, released in 1987, and stripping when Doja Cats’ song, ‘Streets’ which was released in 2019 comes on. The women dance under red lights allowing viewers to only see the silhouettes of their naked bodies.

The cleric urged the public in his tweet on Friday not to indulge in viewing nude pictures and videos online.

He said,
“What are the things that the flesh usually tells you to do? They are listed in Galatians 5:19-21 as you must have earlier read in today’s Bible text. You think that you can view a few pictures or videos on social media where someone is almost nude and it is okay.

“You are quenching the Spirit. That little window you give to indulge the flesh will strengthen it such that you would find yourself going back to those pictures/videos after that time. The Bible is very clear – don’t ever do anything that will quench the Spirit. Never!”

https://twitter.com/PastorEAAdeboye/status/1355122560472641536?s=20

Citing himself and the biblical character Joseph as an example, Adeboye appealed to his followers to flee from sin in order to fulfil God’s plan.

“I stay far away from sin because I know that God is the only One who can help me to fulfil my destiny and He hates sin. If I offend him and He turns His back on me, I am finished! Joseph knew this, so he did not indulge his flesh at all and he fulfilled God’s plan for his life.

“My beloved, I am appealing to you from my heart today, walk in the Spirit every day and you will attain God’s plan for your life. What are those things you do that quench the Spirit of God in you? List them and cut yourself off from them today,” said Adeboye.

https://twitter.com/PastorEAAdeboye/status/1355122570836762630?s=20

Lalasticlala

Re: Adeboye Reacts To #SilhouetteChallenge, Says 'You're Quenching The Spirit' by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

I concur.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Walk Together In FAITH, Join Our Christian Community TODAY!!!!!! / VIDEO: Why I Was Praying For COVID-19 Not To End - Apostle Suleman / Stop Calling Yourself A ‘devout Catholic’ While Supporting Abortion, Archbishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.