Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko (1096 Views)

Slay Queens To Wash Cars In Port-Harcourt, Support PDP / Osun Rerun: Omisore Finally Breaks Silence On Why He Didn’t Support PDP, Adeleke / Omisore Agrees To Support PDP In Osun Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by Rumniggar123(m): 8:02am On Jan 31, 2021
A political front TNN, has said that Nigeria returning to regional government will guarantee unity and progress of the country even as it called on the people of South-East to come out of their shells and participate in the new front that will change their narratives.

At a Town Hall Meeting, held on Saturday in Enugu State, which had in attendance, delegates from the 5 Eastern states of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Imo and Enugu, the National Coordinator, TNN Mutiu Kunle Okunola(MKO), said TNN having discovered the problems that have impaired the progress of the country, has identified regionalism as an escape route.

MKO noted that the founding fathers of Nigeria did their best by structuring ways in which the country will work and favour all, adding that TNN having sat and identified the lacuna in the administration of the country and threats posed by insurgents, bandits, kidnappers among others, feels proper rotation of power among the six geo-political zones of the country will foster unity.

He revealed that rotation of power among the zones, will ensure accountability, healthy competition as leaders under this arrangement will aspire to provide good governance to the people to prevent their turn from being given to another region as a result of failure in providing purposeful leadership for the entire region.

While highlighting the relevance of the people of South-East in the politics of Nigeria, MKO noted that the zone has been consistent in Nigerian politics, stressing that it was time for the zone to produce a president but regretted that the Peoples Democratic Party PDP, which the zone has followed these years has not been fair in terms of having a South-East presidential candidate under the platform of the party.

He challenged the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, to field a candidate from the South-East zone as the Presidential flagbearer stressing that if that is done, he would mobilise support with a view to ensuring the candidate of South-East extraction emerges the next President of the country come 2023.

The outspoken MKO, reiterated that TNN believes in the unity and continued progress of the country, adding that to achieve this, there is need to form a formidable structure that will accommodate all irrespective of ethnic background or religion.

He maintained that ethnicity in Nigerian politics has further divided the country, stating that as a front that believes in the transformation of Nigeria, it will work towards giving the zones equal opportunity so as to drive the vision and mission of TNN which is principle of unity, integration, fairness among others.

MKO, who was also conferred with a Chieftaincy title of Okonko Jagaban 1 of South-East, used the medium to appreciate the zone for the hospitality, plegding to always show interest in their affairs.

Responding, the Regional Manager, South-East TNN, Ambassador Onowu, Martins .C. Nwakanma, appreciated Chief Mutiu Kunle Okunola (MKO) for coming to the zone to enlighten members of TNN, assuring that he and his foot soldiers from the zone will deliver on any mandate given to them regarding 2023.

He reiterated that TNN believes in the transformation of Nigeria, adding that the front preaches reciprocity, calling on people of South-East who are yet to align with TNN, to key into the philosophy which is transformation of Nigeria.

Contributing, the Director of Social Interaction, Ambassador Zakaria Sokoto, expressed satisfaction with the turn out of delegates from the South-East zone, urging them to participate more as TNN is poised to carry all along irrespective of religious or ethnic colouration.

Correspondent Izuchukwu Nwokoma reports that highpoint of the occasion was the conferrment of Chieftaincy title of Okonko Jagaban 1 of South-East on Mutiu Kunle Okunola, cultural display, while Regional Managers from different geo-political zones of the country were ably represented.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by Nackzy: 8:04am On Jan 31, 2021
Anything that will take this present disaster away is welcomed, but i prefer Youth Democratic Party YDP

1 Like

Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by Nwodosis(m): 8:06am On Jan 31, 2021
Is it not full regionalisation that to the civil war? Are they now accepting that Ojukwu was right to have gone to war?
Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by seunmsg(m): 8:34am On Jan 31, 2021
So, is there a south eastern leader that has a realistic path to PDP presidential ticket in 2023?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by triple996(m): 8:45am On Jan 31, 2021
Joke of the century
To b honest with you, pdp might want to give south east the president slot.problem is, igbos are not serious with politics.if pdp slot it to east and apc mistakenly slot it elsewhere, it's over .these is y every is scared to give their presidential slot to east. They are like a burden in the polical arena. U will hear Dem say they don't care about election but their business only to come back and complain about marginalization and political results angry
Nobody will hand u presidency like a gift.u must fight for it

1 Like

Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by AmbaliJ: 8:54am On Jan 31, 2021
seunmsg:
So, is there a south eastern leader that has a realistic path to PDP presidential ticket in 2023?

Apparently, not even one of them has the balls to even declare clear intent towards vying for the position in the PDP. What a bunch of pu**ies. If they can't be bold enough to come out and stake their claim for the ticket under a PDP that they've slaved to build and have been loyal towards than any other ethnicity, then they have no right to fault the APC for seeing them as usurpers.

All SE political bigwigs are closet 'Atikulators'.

1 Like

Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by Odua1stson: 9:18am On Jan 31, 2021
This bastard mko likes pressing mumu button of these foolish people from sadeast potopoto land, in nigeria nyamiris will never rule this country and any bastard yoruba man that vote for any candidate from potopoto land will never know peace
Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by seunmsg(m): 9:35am On Jan 31, 2021
AmbaliJ:

Apparently, not even one of them has the balls to even declare clear intent towards vying for the position in the PDP. What a bunch of pu**ies. If they can't be bold enough to come out and stake their claim for the ticket under a PDP that they've slaved to build and have been loyal towards than any other ethnicity, then they have no right to fault the APC for seeing them as usurpers.

All SE political bigwigs are closet 'Atikulators'.

I’m not even looking at the balls to contest or not. Realistically, I don’t think any Igbo candidate has a viable path to PDP ticket. Just like the last election, only two camps have a realistic path to the party’s ticket. The Atiku camp and the Wike camp.

Atiku is interested in contesting so he won’t be backing an Igbo candidate. Wike will either back Tambuwal or contest for the ticket himself. He won’t be supporting an Igbo candidate. PDP’s ticket will go to either Atiku or anyone the Wike camp decides to support.
Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by EMMY76: 10:31am On Jan 31, 2021
Odua1stson:
This bastard mko likes pressing mumu button of these foolish people from sadeast potopoto land, in nigeria nyamiris will never rule this country and any bastard yoruba man that vote for any candidate from potopoto land will never know peace

See hatred hope you won't commit suicide when an igbo man becomes the president in ur lifetime?

1 Like

Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by Odua1stson: 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2021
EMMY76:

See hatred hope you won't commit suicide when an igbo man becomes the president in ur lifetime?
hope you won't start wailing when yoruba man becomes president come 2023
Spit on nyamiris flatheaded pigs
Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by ThatFairGuy1: 12:38pm On Jan 31, 2021
We South Southerners has already put our weight behind our ONLY sellable son from the South for presidency.

We await our vibrant youth from the East to ratify the support as well

Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by PrinceOfLagos: 12:49pm On Jan 31, 2021
Odua1stson:

This is why fulani people are on your neck and soon they will conquer your region like they are already doing

Soon you will be a slave to the fulani people on your own land .
Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by Odua1stson: 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

This is why fulani people are on your neck and soon they will conquer your region like they are already doing

Soon you will be a slave to the fulani people on your own land .
aah aah see this nyamiri, go beg your master fulani to stop wasting your people fucking lifes in orlu
Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by EMMY76: 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2021
Odua1stson:
hope you won't start wailing when yoruba man becomes president come 2023
Spit on nyamiris flatheaded pigs

Why will i wail am not a tribal bigot like u, my advice take care hate kills faster than anything else.
Re: 2023: I'll Support Pdp If South-east Produces Pdp Presidential Candidate, Mko by Olatomiwami(m): 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2021
EMMY76:

Presidency, Restructuring or Biafra? No invective pls.

(1) (Reply)

Governors Must Build Ruga For Fulani Herdsmen In Their States For Peace To Reign / Abuja Rail Running Below 100km/h Because We Don’t Want To Kill Cows –amaechi / Is Osinbajo Waiting For Buhari To Die Before He Can Perform?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.