Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow (1764 Views)

OOU Lecturer Falls While Trying To Give A Practical Explanation (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by Queenlovely(f): 9:10am On Jan 31, 2021
I want to give the possible Scenario that may take place if Nairaland Falls.

I know we all love nairaland, some of us feel closer to some nairalanders more than our Facebook friends, but let us also remember that anything can happen, nairaland may not exist in the next 10 years.

Some wonderful sites pre nairaland no longer exist, like my space and Napster, 2go. Eskimi and others that are losing customer to other platform.

What are some of the things that may make nairaland fall?

What if nairaland fall?

Possible Scenario#1 Seun will become Rich too or poor
Oga seun may become visible on TV and internet trying to advertise, doing things that may bring him attention. because of the dwindling revenue. He may sell it before the boat sink totally.

2* Better Site than Nairaland; just like Facebook is losing advertising dollars to influencers, advertisers may now advertise on platform with a bigger following, The new site will attract Nigeria boys with monetary reward to convert their likes to cash,

3* Government Banned Nairaland, Government may see the level of hate speech on the forum and decide to shut it down, seun will petition and lose, inshort the site will be dehosted from ISP.

4*Lalasticlala willl start dusting his certificate he had not used for years, maybe he may team up with seun to build a better platform, he may grow to hate snake, or become a snake charmer,

5* Old Nairalanders Will Have Nostalgia for the good old days. If the site is still on the internet, old nairalanders will come back to read their old comments, the forum will be empty like 2go rooms or Telegram. some will regret spending so much time online, why they didn't act on their business idea.

6* Some wicked Moderators will be out of work, they will brag about how they banned righteousness 66 for 300 years. some will stand with seun, some will abandon seun,old moderator group will be formed on Facebook

9 Likes

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by illicit(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2021
shocked
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by NiklauseFred(m): 9:21am On Jan 31, 2021
Lol nice thoughts.
Honestly if Seun doesn't do anything to improve on the performance and usability of Nairaland,then I may be forced to say that Nairaland will go like the likes of Yahoo,2go,eskimi and the rest.

I think next 10 years is even too far for nairaland to be an empty forum if it continues like this.;no unlike option,no blocking,no chatting(we mustn't send emails all the time).

Seun no dey inside river make soap enter ur eye oo

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by chatinent: 9:40am On Jan 31, 2021
Life will always give you other alternatives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by Legalcriminal: 9:56am On Jan 31, 2021
Uncle Lala will create another forum cuz his love for moving snakes post to FP can never die

7 Likes

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by reccy(m): 10:31am On Jan 31, 2021
Nairaland go? That's impossible. There are things that are easier said than happening. Nairaland will continue growing and stronger in the next hundred years.

And one day, seun will deem me fit to eat from his private cake and organize things here.

Honestly, the way nairaland is organized and designed, that can hardly happened, even if that eventully happened, be rest assured that me and nairaland will be forever be 5&6.

Seun, thank you.

1 Like

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by Abudu2000(m): 11:11am On Jan 31, 2021
I stopped reading when u mentioned Facebook thats when i knew u have no idea the difference bw and communication platform and a knowledge hub. Facebook will remain relevant for the next 25years Infact it will outlive instagram. Nairaland is a place filled with huge knowledge not just news alone, we that use the e properties section can relate. The groups on Facebook alone will keep it relevant even for centuries to come. If nairaland wanted to fall it would have a long time ago i mean look how old the interface looks, those old emojis in 2021? Nairaland may be like iphone, android keep changing screens and falling while iPhone remains with the notch and still remains a multibillion company.

10 Likes

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by prince2pac(m): 11:28am On Jan 31, 2021
Well to my opinion, I don't think nairaland will fall, just that I will lose some credibility due to influx of scammers and kids, and some irrelevant topics.

Nairaland also needs a lot of update, we need to be using current emojis, at least have a private chat option where you can send a message and the person accepts the chat, just like sending message to an unknown Facebook user.

Nairaland needs updating, very big one, it's the only social media platform I make use of so, I think it needs some touches..

lalasticlala seun

2 Likes

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by edoairways: 12:56pm On Jan 31, 2021
reccy:
Nairaland go? That's impossible. There are things that are easier said than happening. Nairaland will continue growing and stronger in the next hundred years.

And one day, seun will deem me fit to eat from his private cake and organize things here.

Honestly, the way nairaland is organized and designed, that can hardly happened, even if that eventully happened, be rest assured that me and nairaland will be forever be 5&6.

Seun, thank you.
That was what the founder of yahoo messenger said years back

1 Like

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by edoairways: 12:58pm On Jan 31, 2021
Better Site than Nairaland[b]; just like Facebook is losing advertising dollars to influencers, advertisers may now advertise on platform with a bigger following[/b], The new site will attract Nigeria boys with monetary reward to convert their likes to cash,
How @Queenlovely
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by VictorUSA(m): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2021
If nairaland falls, we will join another forum.

7 Likes

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by psyco: 1:31pm On Jan 31, 2021
If nairaland falls, we move asap. No time to waste. A stagnate pool cannot be sweet forever.

Meanwhile when I'm bored I may just archive any thread I deem important.
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by psyco: 1:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
VictorUSA:
If nairaland falls, we will join another forum.
Why are you disturbing us with Obama pics?

Are we Americans?
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by VictorUSA(m): 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
psyco:
Why are you disturbing us with Obama pics?

Are we Americans?
I'm very sorry, but I "LOVE" him and I want everyone to be obssessed with him.

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by psyco: 1:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
VictorUSA:
I'm very sorry, but I "LOVE" him and I want everyone to be obssessed with him.
so you're forcing us to like him?
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by VictorUSA(m): 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2021
psyco:
so you're forcing us to like him?
Seriously if there's anything morethan I will do it just to make everyone LOVE my rolemodel.

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by seunmsg(m): 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
edoairways:

That was what the founder of yahoo messenger said years back

Is there an alternative to Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by NairalandSARS: 2:54pm On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:

I know we all love nairaland, some of us feel closer to some nairalanders more than our Facebook friends, but let us also remember that anything can happen, nairaland may not exist in the next 10 years.

Some wonderful sites pre nairaland no longer exist, like my space and Napster, 2go. Eskimi and others that are losing customer to other platform.

What if nairaland fall?

Oga seun may become visible on TV and internet trying to advertise, doing things that may bring him attention. because of the dwindling revenue. He may sell it before the boat sink totally.

2* Better Site than Nairaland; just like Facebook is losing advertising dollars to influencers, advertisers may now advertise on platform with a bigger following, The new site will attract Nigeria boys with monetary reward to convert their likes to cash,

3* Government Banned Nairaland, Government may see the level of hate speech on the forum and decide to shut it down, seun will petition and lose, inshort the site will be dehosted from ISP.

4*Lalasticlala willl start dusting his certificate he had not used for years, maybe he may team up with seun to build a better platform, he may grow to hate snake, or become a snake charmer,

5* Old Nairalanders Will Have Nostalgia for the good old days. If the site is still on the internet, old nairalanders will come back to read their old comments, the forum will be empty like 2go rooms or Telegram. some will regret spending so much time online, why they didn't act on their business idea.

6* Some wicked Moderators will be out of work, they will brag about how they banned righteousness 66 for 300 years. some will stand with seun, some will abandon seun,old moderator group will be formed on Facebook
I dey fear for nairaland so.
I hope seun has a way to continue nairaland after his demise. Dude looks depressed in his recent photos.
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by Queenlovely(f): 2:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
NairalandSARS:

I dey fear for nairaland so.
I hope seun has a way to continue nairaland after his demise. Dude looks depressed in his recent photos.

chai, give me link
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by paulolee(m): 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
guy forget all dis stories...if nairaland falls, life continues jhare
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by edoairways: 3:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
seunmsg:

Is there an alternative to Nairaland.
Was there alternative for 2go back then?
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by seunmsg(m): 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
edoairways:

Was there alternative for 2go back then?

People left 2go even better alternatives came up.
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by solmusdesigns: 4:10pm On Jan 31, 2021
It would be difficult for Nigerian Government to shutdown Nairaland as it isn't hosted with a Nigerian Hosting Company
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by NairalandSARS: 4:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by edoairways: 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
F
seunmsg:

People left 2go even better alternatives came up.
They left when a better alternative came. Better alternative to Nairaland is one the way
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by seunmsg(m): 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
edoairways:
F
They left when a better alternative came. Better alternative to Nairaland is one the way

We are waiting.
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by helinues: 6:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
undecided

NL is here to stay.

Hoping for the forum to be more bigger in the next 10 years.

2 Likes

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by H2ho(m): 7:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:

What if nairaland fall?

Fear not Milady, there is a backup server and a registered domain one side.

Once bitten twice shy cool
Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by Dreyton36: 7:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
The only thing that will ruin and kill this forum is the mod
Nairaland mods are useless and heartless
They've banned most of the people that makes this place fun
No credits gives
Useless news on front-page
Bbnaija, iyabo ojo , bobriski, toke makinWa countless nonsense

Once again nairaland mods are the ones that will sink this ship one day

Lights up my kpoli in peace

4 Likes

Re: What If Nairaland Falls Tommorow by psyco: 7:22pm On Jan 31, 2021
Dreyton36:
The only thing that will ruin and kill this forum is the mod
Nairaland mods are useless and heartless
They've banned most of the people that makes this place fun
No credits gives
Useless news on front-page
Bbnaija, iyabo ojo , bobriski, toke makinWa countless nonsense

Once again nairaland mods are the ones that will sink this ship one day

Lights up my kpoli in peace
they still better tho.

Some mods I.know in one certain forums would have deleted 80% percent of nl threads as they come. And suspend the OPs.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Aau S-ex-4-grades Update:dr.otubu Fired; Judith Okosun Suspended For 6 Semesters / Kogi State University Writes 2010/2011 Gst & Csc Exams 1st Semester On Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.