Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,736 members, 7,837,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Dosunmu: I'll Scrap Lastma,kai,others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dosunmu: I'll Scrap Lastma,kai,others (719 Views)

PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu / LASTMA, KAI Operations Are Classic Models - US Security Expert / Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dosunmu: I'll Scrap Lastma,kai,others by rhythyson: 9:36am On Apr 05, 2011
Articles
HOME > NEWS
Dosunmu: I’ll Scrap LASTMA, KAI, Others
05 Apr 2011
Views: 57

Font Size: a / A
Dr. Ade Dosunmu, Lagos PDP Guber Candidate

By Jaiyeola Andrews

As the countdown to the governorship polls begins in Lagos State, gubernatorial candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state, Dr. Ade Dosunmu, has promised to disband what he tagged anti-democratic organisations put in place by Governor Babatunde Fashola of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) if voted into office.

Dosunmu listed the anti-democratic organisations to include Lagos State Transport Management Agency (LASTMA), Kick Against Indiscipline (KAI), Central Business District (CBD), and Lagos State Environmental and Special Offences Task Force (LE-SOTF).
In an interactive session with some of the party leaders and supporters at his campaign office, Monday, Dosunmu said his administration would scrap the controversial toll gate plazas along Lekki Peninsula- Ajah/ Epe road, in Eti- Osa Federal Constituency of the state.

According to the PDP governorship candidate, the listed organisations as well as Toll gates had been a major threat on the hapless masses, and an extortionist strategy against indigenous people of the state, foreigners, and Lagos residents.
He observed that the perceived oppressive organisations and the controversial toll gate plazas are obstacles to smooth flow of traffic and environmental management in the state.

As the commercial nerve centre of the country, Dosunmu said Lagos State deserves to be governed by a government that has the interest of the people at heart, and not the ruling ACN that harasses, intimidate and extort the hard earned resources of the citizenry through its anti-democratic organizations.

"LASTMA, KAI, CBD, LESOTF and the very expensive toll gates are seriously causing unimaginable disaffections which cut across both the well meaning affluent Nigerians, corporate citizens and the people at the lowest cadre of the economy, as some of the officials of these organisations are on daily basis allegedly using their respective agencies as instruments of terror to the civilian populace who form the bulk of the electorate that elected the successive ACN-led government into power in the past 12 years.
Re: Dosunmu: I'll Scrap Lastma,kai,others by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 05, 2011
Campaign strategy !
Re: Dosunmu: I'll Scrap Lastma,kai,others by homerac7: 10:01am On Apr 05, 2011
ds man is obviously stupid. as much as u can criticize those govt bodies, u cant take away their visible usefulness away from d usual chaotic system in lagos.

i know how d system ws before Tinubu came in and set up some of those bodies, and i know that theres relative improvement and orderliness in d system compared to way back then. u all can imagine lagos traffic wtout lastma, take for example GEJ campaign in lagos when Fashola had to withdraw lastma from certain sectors of d state. those of us in lagos knw chaos on dt day.

ds idiot is simply playing to d gallery by proposing to scrap dos bodies, what replacements has he proffered?

he cartainly sounds idiotic to me
Re: Dosunmu: I'll Scrap Lastma,kai,others by MeGaStReEt: 10:02am On Apr 05, 2011
just this one reason
Re: Dosunmu: I'll Scrap Lastma,kai,others by efisher(m): 10:25am On Apr 05, 2011
homerac7:

ds man is obviously silly. as much as u can criticize those govt bodies, u cant take away their visible usefulness away from d usual chaotic system in lagos.

i know how d system ws before Tinubu came in and set up some of those bodies, and i know that theres relative improvement and orderliness in d system compared to way back then. u all can imagine lagos traffic wtout lastma, take for example GEJ campaign in lagos when Fashola had to withdraw lastma from certain sectors of d state. those of us in lagos knw chaos on dt day.

ds is simply playing to d gallery by proposing to scrap dos bodies, what replacements has he proffered?
he cartainly sounds idiotic to me

Dosunmu sounds like Buhari: Scrap everything and then what? Reverse to 1915
These are the strategies people use to win cheap votes. Play on everybody's emotions and when the get there, they'll do NATHING. Fashola remains the best in Lagos for now. No contest.
Re: Dosunmu: I'll Scrap Lastma,kai,others by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 05, 2011
efisher:

Dosunmu sounds like Buhari: Scrap everything and then what? Reverse to 1915
These are the strategies people use to win cheap votes. Play on everybody's emotions and when the get there, they'll do NATHING. Fashola remains the best in Lagos for now. No contest.

Pdp are always out for political compensation for their followers.I'm sure his plans is to scrap kai and others and bring his own bodies that will be controlled by pdp politicians.what happens to continuity of government ?
Re: Dosunmu: I'll Scrap Lastma,kai,others by Bawss1(m): 11:22am On Apr 05, 2011
I think most candidates vying for political office are not intellectually sound. So Dosunmu plans to scrap Lastma and other similar government agencies and replace them with what?

How is this strategy suppose to appeal to the sensible voter?

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare: You Are A Disgrace To The Pulpit You Stand On! / Areosapien : Imo Guber Election Yet To be Declared / President Dissolves Pac, Rules Out ‘slim’ Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.