Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Check Out The Top 10 Longest Serving African Presidents/prime Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out The Top 10 Longest Serving African Presidents/prime Minister (326 Views)

2023: Longest-Serving Lawmakers Who May Return To The House Of Reps / The ‘landlords’ Of NASS: Longest Serving Lawmakers In The National Assembly (pic / Top 5 Beautiful Daughters Of African Presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out The Top 10 Longest Serving African Presidents/prime Minister by Joban2006: 10:12am On Jan 31, 2021
List of Top 10 Africa’s longest serving Presidents/Prime Ministers. (current living)

1. Cameroon �� Paul Biya, 87yr-old. In office since 1982 [PM, then President] ( 45yrs)

2. Equatorial Guinea �� Teodoro Obiang, 78yr-old. In office since 1979.( 41yrs)

3 Rep of the Congo �� Denis Nguesso. 77yr-old In office since 1979. (36yrs)

4 Uganda �� Yoweri Museveni. 76yr-old. In office since 1986. (35yrs)

5. Chad �� Idriss Déby, 68yr-old. In office since 1990. (30yrs)

6. Eritrea �� Isaias Afwerki, 74yr-old. In office since 1993. (27yrs)

7. Rwanda �� Paul Kagame, 63yr-old. In office since 1994.[Acting Head of State, then President (26yrs)

8. Djibouti �� Ismaïl Omar Guelleh, 73yr-old. In office since 1999. (21yrs)

9. Namibia �� Hage Geingob, 79yr-old. In office since 1990 (Prime Minister-1990-2002) +(2012-2015) + (President-2015+present) - (20yrs)

10. Togo �� Faure Gnassingbé, 53yr-old. In office since 2005. (15yrs)

Courtesy :
-https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_longest-ruling_non-royal_national_leaders

-Getty images.
Re: Check Out The Top 10 Longest Serving African Presidents/prime Minister by chatinent: 10:20am On Jan 31, 2021
So Buhari has nephews.
Re: Check Out The Top 10 Longest Serving African Presidents/prime Minister by paschalj4(m): 10:30am On Jan 31, 2021
wink wink am kind of proud of our Nigerian leaders in this aspect, compared to some african kings who ironically claims to be democratically elected president that has vowed to remian in power forever at the expense the peoples will, and taking advantages of their weaknesses not ask for better system of government in their respective countries.

Africa my continent i laugh in swahili grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Top 10 Longest Serving African Presidents/prime Minister by privaldo: 10:46am On Jan 31, 2021
paschalj4:
wink wink am kind of proud of our Nigerian leaders in this aspect, compared to some african kings who ironically claims to be democratically elected president that has vowed to remian in power forever at the expense the peoples will, and taking advantages of their weaknesses not ask for better system of government in their respective countries.

They hardly have a choice. OBJ tried to get a third term but it didn't work, the most they can do is a second term. Nigeria is a country with powerful ethnic groups that don't trust each other, so they would not allow anybody cling to power for that long.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Top 10 Longest Serving African Presidents/prime Minister by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 31, 2021
Useless power drunk oponus.
They do nothing to improve the nation.
All they want is power.
Vote for me and that's all.
Re: Check Out The Top 10 Longest Serving African Presidents/prime Minister by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 31, 2021
paschalj4:

If they're given opportunity, they'll do the same.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Top 10 Longest Serving African Presidents/prime Minister by helinues: 10:54am On Jan 31, 2021
Imagine.

Biya @ 87 years yet Cameroonian couldn't do anything about him

(1) (Reply)

Savage Reactions As Garba Adamu Tells Nigerians To Invest In Cow Ranching / FAKE NEWS ALERT: Herders Didn’t Attack Soyinka, Says Son / Insecurity: Ban Foreign Fulani Herders, Says Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.