Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Christ Embassy And It's Words Of Rapture - A Slow Walk To Jonestown - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Embassy And It's Words Of Rapture - A Slow Walk To Jonestown (767 Views)

Deceived - The Jonestown Tragedy | Documentary By Mel White / The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation / After The Rapture : A Letter To Those Left Behind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Embassy And It's Words Of Rapture - A Slow Walk To Jonestown by iboboyswag(m): 12:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
Before I delve into my piece, I want to emphasize that while we are as Christians are called to guard our hearts, we are not called to foolishness.

That even as faith does not require the evidence of thing, we are admonished by Christ to question every spirit

Now to the matter!

Christianity has become quite disgusting with men playing God and many trying to order the times set by God himself.

While it is okay to believe anything your delusional mind feeds you, it is not okay to drag others along who by their belief have become gullible, through the dregs of your delusion.

The rapture talk is becoming too much and with more portrayals, it is beginning to resemble the imaginations of demented minds. Or how else can one explain this foolery and others outside, happening within the confines of churches most of which have become glorified cult groups.

A case in point is Christ Embassy and it's band of adulterous leaders who through their inordinate selfish desire to cover a busted lie have chosen a more treacherous path of infamy with the new rapture timeline... 2030.

I would ordinarily have chosen to ignore the fallacious representation but seeing that many young members of this disturbing gathering wholesomely believe this ideas and are actively committing themselves to it at the expense of their wellbeing and growth, I have chosen to speak up.

Yes, we must speak up!

Anyone left with a sense of self, common sense and the right owes himself and loved ones the duty to speak up!

Pastor Chris of Christ Embassy is on a downward spiral and is hellbent on leading many down with him. Or what other intent can we ascribe the actions of one who used the Gregorian calendar to verbatim calculate and declare an almost exact timeline of Christ's second coming?

Sharing messages of the rapture happening within and around 10years from now and urging members to shun their earthly pursuits but to dedicate themselves to the church and spreading the gospel while they wait for Christ.

Initially I laughed it off but seeing many of these young people swallow this words and actively act on it is pretty disturbing. The continual call to arms from the altars of Christ Embassy churches across the country, words preached about how worthless earthly possessions are now that the end is near is causing many to take drastic decisions that if the world don't end within that timeline would spell doom for them.

Even more because the holy bible says no one knows the time, day or hour that this great event would occur

But what is more worrisome is the desperation of the leadership of the church to be right on it's analysis and position.
We are all witness to the Covid19 and 5G saga and how they tried all to prove what was not and now this.

What happens if the world doesn't come to an end or rapture doesn't happen with the timeline set by these people?

What happens? Would their desperation cause them to take drastic measures?

Remember Jonestown, do not forget the Ugandan Mass Suicide...

All of these had one thing in common. They had leaders who had predicted the end of the world and who had made active efforts to bring it to pass.

We have a time bomb on our hands and I would be hurt to see it go off.

While we might separate the state and church, I would like the government to pay a closer attention to what is happening within the confines of some of these bodies. Because, some of their actions have and can have a broader effect on the nation and others of a different faith.

A video to the word on rapture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Yg--lJShU

The Jonestown Mass Suicide
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

The Ugandan Millenium Church Mass Suicide
https://apnews.com/article/9d8d47c44558a3815f59c16169bbe0fb

3 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy And It's Words Of Rapture - A Slow Walk To Jonestown by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
Jonestown...

Lol

But on serious note, that's a perfect example.
Re: Christ Embassy And It's Words Of Rapture - A Slow Walk To Jonestown by donnie(m): 3:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
The general message is clear. I agreed with your write-up until you got to the vaccine/ 5g yarn.

Are you saying we must all agree to and follow the New world order blindly, asking no questions? Many of the pro vaccine crew have only their loyalty and blind trust in the powers that be, to show for their beliefs.

So the same way you want to be left alone to believe what you choose about life or end times, so those of us who choose to be suspicious of vaccine makers who already have legislation absolving themselves of any crime should any harm come to the vaccine recipients, want to be left alone.
Re: Christ Embassy And It's Words Of Rapture - A Slow Walk To Jonestown by MightySparrow: 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
Harold Clamping comes to mind after C. T. Russell.
Re: Christ Embassy And It's Words Of Rapture - A Slow Walk To Jonestown by OkCornel(m): 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
Lemme pitch my tent here and observe.

When people make a religion out of the truth, this is the rubbish we get to see eventually.

(1) (Reply)

Could It Be My 3 Years Old Son Is Seeing His Guardian Angel! / Pretended NOT To Understand Yoruba For 2 Years - Heard Things!! / After Another Dreadful Sermon From The Pulpit I Saw A Black Bird Outside My Door

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.