Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves (1071 Views)

Yoruba Are The Nicest People Ever / Fani Kayode To Matawalle: Southerners Don't Care About Killings In North / What northerners must know about the Southerners don't be deceived (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Ihatethemods4: 1:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
The nicest people I've ever met in Nigeria, are the Hausa people. I'm literally writing this out of disappointment, I would tell you why, with strong facts, coupled with my recent experiences.

First Off, I lived in Kano for two years, and while in Kano, I worked with Access Bank, where I interacted and transacted with both Hausas and Southerners. And beside living in Kano, I grew up around the Hausa quarters in the Southern part of Nigeria too.

Now, pull a seat, grab your popcorn, and relax as you read through my pathetic experience. Trust me, I wouldn't bore you with my story.

Few weeks ago, I was home for Xmas. I needed to open a dom account with First Bank for some LEGIT international transactions. And this account required two referees who must be personal current account holders. And most of my family members and friends are Salary
Current account holders. I needed a business man or an entrepreneur to stand for me.

I went in search for referees, the first person I met was an igbo whom we grew up together in thesame hood. He was in a perfect position to help me, but he declined. I could see the distrust in his eyes. He looked at me like I was some fraudster.

To prove to him that I was legit, I showed a receipt of my last international transaction, and how it was an official wire transfer from a foreign bank. I usually, wouldn't show anyone this, but I showed him, just so he can trust me, and serve as my referee. I needed this so bad. But he turned me down. Pathetic!

Saying I was disappointed, is an understatement. I left in shame, knowing too well TRUST is now expensive in the 21st century Nigeria. Contemplating on who next I'm to meet, I became skeptical, because I wouldn't want to walk about like a cheap criminal seeking for preys.

As one who have worked with the Hausas, and knowing how nice and trustful they could be. I strolled down to the quarters. I met this Hausa boy, just like the igbo boy, we all grew up in the hood.

I pleaded with him to be my referee. He told me he wasn't qualify to, but that his father operates a current personal account, and he can help me out. This his father was an old man who was sick and Bedridden in his room.

... But this Hausa boy took my form and everything to his father on his sick bed, and without stress, the man signed everything for me.

Now, I was left with one other referee. I met the second Hausa man, explained to him, and he appended his signature and came through for me too.

**Fast forward to last week in Abuja**

Remember, I opened that other account with First Bank. So, last week, the Bureau de Change lady I transact with advised me to open another of same account with GT bank, she said GT services were better than that of First Bank.

I told her getting referees would be a big challenge. Guess what? She said I shouldn't worry, that she would be my referee. This is also a Hausa/Yoruba MUSLIM lady. Although we've transacted business just twice, she barely knows me. But on the two occasions we met, she already have some level of trust in me, and was ready to help me out.

Now, I needed another referee to make it two. I met a lady who is from same place as me, in fact, it was through her I got to know the Bureau de Change Hausa lady who is already offering to help, but guess what? This other lady who is more like a sister REFUSED Blatantly.

Now, I'm not blaming those who turned me down actually, I'm not trying to feel entitled what so ever. But the question is,

WHY IS IT THAT THE HAUSAS WOULD EASILY HELP YOU, even when your own so called Christian brother/sisters turn you down?Why are the Hausa nicer than US?

The richest Igbo man, Arthur Eze, admitted last year that, it was the Hausas who helped him become what he is today. He admitted that Southerners don't Love themselves.

You know What? I think his is so RIGHT!

Written By

Leroi Emmy Idiege

2 Likes

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Kaduna1stson: 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
The word 'Hausa' doesn't exist anymore. Hausa people is the name of an almost forgotten tribe in the 19th century. The tribe has been conquered, displaced, replaced and disbanded and dispatched from their home states by fulani people.

Hausa people exists only on the pages of history books now.

Their only mistake was loving peace and deciding to exist peacefully with their herdsmen visitors who came down from Senegal, Mali and Niger.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Ottyn01(m): 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2021
OP you are right. You just said nothing but the truth...Things I love about the Hausas are...

They have the fear of God in there heart"
They are very kind and honest"
A hausa man will tell you the truth no matter how bitter it is"
A hausa man will never let you go the wrong way"
A hausa man will help you without considering your religion""

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Ottyn01(m): 1:49pm On Jan 31, 2021
Mind you am not an Hausa man!!!

Am just saying the truth.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by ThatFairGuy1: 1:49pm On Jan 31, 2021
Op, that was then.

We now love ourselves more.
This is why we're putting weight behind our ONLY sellable son from the South for presidency.

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Kinematics: 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
Well, this is a sad truth.

1 Like

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by RIVERS1stson: 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
Kinematics:
Well, this is a sad truth.

But this bitter truth remains cheesy

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
Nonsense thread.
Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Nigeriabiafra82: 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
Hausa are more honest than southerners
And that’s why they were easily subdued by fulani

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Ottyn01(m): 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2021
azmanaty02:
Nonsense thread.

I think you are the Nonsense one here undecided

1 Like

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by BigSarah(f): 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
The way people talk about tribes or regions here on NL makes me believe y'all are dull... This things have to do with individuals not a tribe. 00
Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Ihatethemods4: 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
Op, that was then.

We now love ourselves more.
This is why we're putting weight behind our ONLY sellable son from the South for presidency.

The thing is, they love themselves so very much, no doubt. But can be nice to strangers too.
Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by triple996(m): 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2021
As fight wan stat
Make I book space
Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by harmargedon: 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2021
let me wait here small

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by obama30: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ihatethemods4:
The nicest people I've ever met in Nigeria, are the Hausa people. I'm literally writing this out of disappointment, I would tell you why, with strong facts, couple with my recent experiences.

First Off, I lived in Kano for two years, and while in Kano, I worked with Access Bank, where I interacted and transacted with both Hausas and Southerners. And beside living in Kano, I grew up around the Hausa quarters in the Southern part of Nigeria too.

Now, pull a seat, grab your popcorn, and relax as you read through my pathetic experience. Trust me, I wouldn't bore you with my story.

Few weeks ago, I was home for Xmas. I needed to open a dom account with First Bank for some LEGIT international transactions. And this account required two referees who must be personal current account holders. And most of my family members and friends are Salary
Current account holders. I needed a business man or an entrepreneur to stand for me.

I went in search for referees, the first person I met was an igbo whom we grew up together in thesame hood. He was in a perfect position to help me, but he declined. I could see the distrust in his eyes. He looked at me like I was some fraudster.

To prove to him that I was legit, I showed a receipt of my last international transaction, and how it was an official wire transfer from a foreign bank. I usually, wouldn't show anyone this, but I showed him, just so he can trust me, and serve as my referee. I needed this so bad. But he turned me down. Pathetic!

Saying I was disappointed, is an understatement. I left in shame, knowing too well TRUST is now expensive in the 21st century Nigeria. Contemplating on who next I'm to meet, I became skeptical, because I wouldn't want to walk about like a cheap criminal seeking for preys.

As one who have worked with the Hausas, and knowing how nice and trustful they could be. I strolled down to the quarters. I met this Hausa boy, just like the igbo boy, we all grew up in the hood.

I pleaded with him to be my referee. He told me he wasn't qualify to, but that his father operates a current personal account, and he can help me out. This his father was an old man who was sick and Bedridden in his room.

... But this Hausa boy took my form and everything to his father on his sick bed, and without stress, the man signed everything for me.

Now, I was left with one other referee. I met the second Hausa man, explained to him, and he appended his signature and came through for me too.

Remember, I opened that other account with First Bank. So, last week, the Bureau de Change lady I transact with advised me to open another of same account with GT bank, she said GT services were better than that of First Bank.

I told her getting referees would be a big challenge. Guess what? She said I shouldn't worry, that she would be my referee. This is also a Hausa/Yoruba MUSLIM lady. Although we've transacted business just twice, she barely knows me. But on the two occasions we met, she already have some level of trust in me, and was ready to help me out.

Now, I needed another referee to make it two. I met a lady who is from same place as me, in fact, it was through her I got to know the Bureau de Change Hausa lady who is already offering to help, but guess what? This other lady who is more like a sister REFUSED Blatantly.

Now, I'm not blaming those who turned me down actually, I'm not trying to feel entitled what so ever. But the question is,

WHY IS IT THAT THE HAUSAS WOULD EASILY HELP YOU, even when your own so called Christian brother/sisters turn you down?Why are the Hausa nicer than US?

The richest Igbo man, Arthur Eze, admited last year that, it was the Hausas who helped him become what he is today. He admitted that Southerners don't Love themselves.

Written By

Leroi Emmy Idiege

Your blame should go to Nigeria financial institution that make that useless policy, that you need two surety before you can be a current account holder in a bank. I have never been ask to provide a surety before I own current account at abroad.

I have account in many European countries and few African countries, but can you imagine that I don't have current account in Nigeria despite owing a big company.

To open saves or current account outside Nigeria is very simple, some country only require that you add resident permit to you utilities papers, why some don't need your resident permit card, hence your passport is valid and has valid visa, just open any type of account you need and activate it, take your can and enjoy your business.

No country has the type of policies Nigeria government introducing yet Nigeria is back ward in everything especially since June 2015 till date

4 Likes

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by etrouble: 2:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
The writer is an idiot
Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Kaduna1stson: 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
etrouble:
The writer is an idiot

Southerners!
Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Toosure70: 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ottyn01:
One thing I love about the Hausas are...

A hausa man never let you go the wrong way"
A hausa man will help you without considering your religion"
with bomb Abi?
Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Toosure70: 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
Serious love, no wonder their politicians playing their lives with politics. South don't need this type of love bro.
Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Masterkernel1: 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ihatethemods4:
The nicest people I've ever met in Nigeria, are the Hausa people. I'm literally writing this out of disappointment, I would tell you why, with strong facts, couple with my recent experiences.

The richest Igbo man, Arthur Eze, admitted last year that, it was the Hausas who helped him become what he is today. He admitted that Southerners don't Love themselves.

Written By

Leroi Emmy Idiege

I love your story. But let me start by asking questions that if you get it right it answers all your questions.

1. Hausas love themselves, with the highest number of billionaires in North, why do they have the highest number of poverty in the world.

2. If they love themselves why didn't there leaders ensure they benefit by going to school?

3. Why are they killing each other
Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Masterkernel1: 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ottyn01:
One thing I love about the Hausas are...

A hausa man never let you go the wrong way"
A hausa man will help you without considering your religion"

Why do they kill themselves as much as they love themselves?

2 Likes

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
so true op, kindly touch one of their cow and see if your narrative won't change
Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

The OP is right. I stay in the North, grew up here and I can vouch my Result that they are one honest people in Nigeria. Forget about religion they are very sincere.

It's hard to find hausa men without integrity. Especially those good soul that are not ruled by religious fantasy.

They have the fear of God, they hardly cheat in business.

They keep to certain custom, that even thier kids follow.

They makes business great when they trade with an Igbo man.. Ask any Igbo man staying in the north to tell you about hausa people they will repeat what I said.

They love them selves. All this rubbish things about brother killing his brother with jazz and the rest hardly exist in thier mist.

Very good set of people am not sayin they ain't gat no bad eggs but 75% of them are good .

If not for thier religious fanaticism, they are one people I love to live around with.

NB: Am not a hausa dude!!!

1 Like

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by amazingspiderma: 2:54pm On Jan 31, 2021
Even a fool thinks he is a genius.

1 Like

Re: Hausas Are The Nicest People In Nigeria, Southerners don't love themselves by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 31, 2021
op you are right but they are not as nice as before especially the ones residing off core north

(1) (Reply)

Woman Who Tattoo Tinubu's Face On Her Back Chased Out By Her Husband {video} / We’ve All Failed, Stop Fighting Only Buhari – Bello Warns Southern Governors / How AGF Malami Covered Up $370million Abacha Loot Repatriated Through UK Attorne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.