Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Lionel Messi: Barcelona Deny Leaking Forward's Contract - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi: Barcelona Deny Leaking Forward's Contract (243 Views)

Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now / Lionel Messi, Barcelona Players Celebrate Copa Del Rey Trophy Win (Photos,Video) / Lionel Messi, Barcelona Players Arrive In Madrid For El Clasico (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi: Barcelona Deny Leaking Forward's Contract by martooski(m): 3:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
Barcelona say they will take "appropriate legal action" against Spanish newspaper El Mundo after it published details of forward Lionel Messi's contract.

Barcelona denied "any responsibility for the publication of this document".

Argentina international Messi, 33, joined Barcelona at 13 but handed in a transfer request in August.

His contract runs out in the summer and there is uncertainty if he will remain with the club.

Barcelona said in a statement that they "regret" its publication, adding: "FC Barcelona categorically denies any responsibility for the publication of this document, and will take appropriate legal action against the newspaper El Mundo, for any damage that may be caused as a result of this publication.

"FC Barcelona expresses its absolute support for Lionel Messi, especially in the face of any attempt to discredit his image, and to damage his relationship with the entity where he has worked to become the best player in the world and in football history."

Messi is Barcelona's record goalscorer and has won 10 La Liga titles, the Champions League four times and the Ballon d'Or - awarded to the world's best player - six times.

His controversial summer request to leave followed clashes with club president Josep Maria Bartomeu, who resigned in October.

Messi, who described Bartomeu's reign as "a disaster", said in December: "I don't know what I'm going to do yet."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55873590

Re: Lionel Messi: Barcelona Deny Leaking Forward's Contract by paulolee(m): 6:36am On Feb 01, 2021
I know they would deny, I still think some enemies in barca are behind that wicked act, trying to make messi d victim of barca financial problems..
I heard messi n his family are learning French already and if he decides to make dt PSG move, the fans won't get angry because they would understand that a broke barca cant Gv messi an improve deal after seeing those insane figures..
I can see d pictures perfectly and its not fair bcoz messi dnt deserve such treatment and he deserves every penny in dt deal because he had paid his dues for years in GOLD..

(1) (Reply)

This Betting Tip Guy, We Go Run For You? / I’ve Nothing To Prove To Manchester United – Januzaj / Messi Would Overtake Football Legends Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.