Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,318 members, 7,839,522 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion (37599 Views)

Offa Old Students Back To School, 35 Years After High School (Video) / George Weah Declares Tuition Free In Public Universities In Liberia / ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by DonTattaglia: 11:35am On Feb 01, 2021
Auladimeji:
You're very correct but majorities of the medicine are useless in Nigeria,90% of drugs in Nigeria are imported yet people have been studying this course since ages.
How many technology can repair or cupple a Nokia touch phone...Many go to school but school no go through them

U sound so bitter..I guess u are one of those either not privileged to go to school or wasted your time on frivolities and ended up dropping out of school.. Sorry ehn, just take life easy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by RioCarputo(m): 11:35am On Feb 01, 2021
The second picture is not University of Ibadan faculty of social science.....in fact it's not related to UI in any form as I've not seen the building in UI ever before. try to improve on your news report and journalism.
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 01, 2021
Jesse6:
What you have to check is

Is it every of the student that will have access to the online lectures?

Tell me which university student is not on social media
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by shaklisco(m): 11:35am On Feb 01, 2021
elmessiahs:
very illogical, belittling one faculty while exhorting another is symptomatic of bias and this simply shows why Nigeria is backward. with such thought in peoples mind, we are heading for a crash
I think you should read a gain but now slowly may be u will get the point that require science student to be in school

4 Likes

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by olaorestephen(m): 11:35am On Feb 01, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Auladimeji:
You're very correct but majorities of the medicine are useless in Nigeria,90% of drugs in Nigeria are imported yet people have been studying this course since ages.
How many technology can repair or cupple a Nokia touch phone...Many go to school but school no go through them

""The reason why Nigeria cannot manufacture APIs is because petrochemical and chemical industries in the country are underdeveloped. Petrochemicals are the starting point for pharmaceutical raw materials.""
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Angelfrost(m): 11:37am On Feb 01, 2021
You mean the same students who go to markets, religious/worship centers, NIN registration offices and centers, banks, etc??!...

You Covid-19 or Covid-21 alarmists need better jobs!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by cletz991(m): 11:38am On Feb 01, 2021
angryIf secondary students here in Edo can learn online I don’t see a reason why an undergraduate can’t
edoairways:

Don't generalize all of them. Not all students have time for social media stunts
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by afroxyz: 11:38am On Feb 01, 2021
Go to Youtube. There are countless science and technology videos. Elon Musk and Tobi Lutke are self taught
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by shaw2(m): 11:38am On Feb 01, 2021
Good Opinion
In fact considering the current situation (pandemic) one has to learn to use other means for survival.
The problem is the government and the masses.
Can the government slash the data price and provide constant electricity to achieve this?
Can they improve and allow a stable economy for common man to afford gadgets and needed tools?
Can the university governing body agree to this if its going to reduce the number of girls they wish to take advantage of?
Or the money they make through selling of handouts?
Can the masses particularly northern Nigeria elites agree with this ur opinion?
They will rather subject their people to chronic poverty and continuous lack of modern trends.

I believe the West and the South can think abide by this but North is hell no.

I planned erecting 2 student hostels in one of the university here in the West last year but the result of the pandemic made me think otherwise.
What if after erecting them and things go digital what will be my fate?.
Its high time we think of alternatives to curb some unwarranted spendings.
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by AntiFeminism(f): 11:39am On Feb 01, 2021
Puloc:

Olodo Pandus. na stupidity be ur senior name.
that guy is a frustrated jambite.
Just ignore him
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by lookingfly: 11:40am On Feb 01, 2021
elmessiahs:
very illogical, belittling one faculty while exhorting another is symptomatic of bias and this simply shows why Nigeria is backward. with such thought in peoples mind, we are heading for a crash
what is the belittling here. Some courses are practical based while others are not. Practical based should return to school and those without much practical should do online lectures......though I've my biase in respect to covid in Nigerian.

6 Likes

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2021
elmessiahs:

Where's the belittling? Some disciplines can simply be taught via virtual or physical media, while others cannot. How does that belittle oe exalt one discipline over another?

3 Likes

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by AntiFeminism(f): 11:41am On Feb 01, 2021
Puloc:
Foolish post from a foolish OP. It is students of that dept that will Spike covid-19 but markets will not Spike Covid-19 or political campaigns that took place last yr or even Nov this number. u didn't open ur smelly mouth to advice trash to the govt. it is education that u idiots will continue to attack cos of COVID-19 so schs should be closed again while u fooools continue with ur businesses. Fooolish people.
brother I don swear for those people tire.
The kind annoying posts I've been seeing on nairaland lately, the best thing is for me to be viewing as a guest else I go offend God by cursing
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by InvertedHammer: 11:41am On Feb 01, 2021
edoairways:
I disagree with you on this. To start with,how many students can afford data for zoom video calls?. Talk is indeed cheap
/
The money they would have used for accommodation and living expenses in the hostel should be more than enough for data.

/

2 Likes

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by SonofAdoke: 11:41am On Feb 01, 2021
No, you should have just say they should Scrap Social sciences...mtcheeew
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by AntiFeminism(f): 11:42am On Feb 01, 2021
tidalstorm:
See as all this art and social science students just dey catch feelings on top this trend.
What OP said was logical, but una no dey use una brains. Na to come school deh dance for inside class.
you're stupid and dumb
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by AntiFeminism(f): 11:43am On Feb 01, 2021
lookingfly:
money used for renting hostels/apartment, transport, handout etc should be used to buy data....online exams too!
will you shut up there you this stark and irritating illiterate
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Deserea: 11:43am On Feb 01, 2021
Auladimeji:
But they can spend thousands just to post nude and troll on social media abi?Going to school no be by force ooo
You lack empathy. This is why most graduates are unemployable.

Talk is cheap doesn't mean you should be talking anyhow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by edoairways: 11:45am On Feb 01, 2021
cletz991:
angryIf secondary students here in Edo can learn online I don’t see a reason why an undergraduate can’t
Do you know it cost about 400mb for zoom video calls?. Secondly do you know that we have poor network signal in many locations?.
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by IbokPatrick(m): 11:45am On Feb 01, 2021
Our girlfriends dy Social Science abeg

1 Like

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 01, 2021
AntiFeminism:
brother I don swear for those people tire.
The kind annoying posts I've been seeing on nairaland lately, the best thing is for me to be viewing as a guest else I go offend God by cursing
don't mind those foools. God will disappoint their stupid plans.
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by GreenArrow1(m): 11:45am On Feb 01, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
the money they would have used to sustain themselves in campus should be use for data subscription.

Smart reply.
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by CodeTemplar: 11:45am On Feb 01, 2021
femi4:
Who will incure the data cost
If done well, a data of 1gb at N300 can download 3 hours of 480p lectures.

3 Likes

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by AntiFeminism(f): 11:47am On Feb 01, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Where's the belittling? Some disciplines can simply be taught via virtual or physical media, while others cannot. How does that belittle oe exalt one discipline over another?
you that have already graduated from uniben I think you should shut the hell up and focus on getting a job.
I'm so disappointed this rubbish comment is coming from a self acclaimed UNIBEN graduate.
Mtchew
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Angelfrost(m): 11:47am On Feb 01, 2021
SirWarlock:
Watch how people will call you enemy of education grin. Anyway you do have a point, tertiary institutions should stop pretending they can handle everyone at once but what do I know, corona will dodge schools undecided.

It should... It has been successfully dodging markets, religious/worship centers, political rallies/gatherings, elite weddings, etc, in Nigeria for over a year now!

So, why keep the long-suffering students at home??! grin

2 Likes

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Saintp(m): 11:48am On Feb 01, 2021
There is no light to sustain online Learning. Internet is not cheap. The cost of fuel and internet will make it challenging but I got your point.
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by princenaira(m): 11:49am On Feb 01, 2021
edoairways:

Don't generalize all of them. Not all students have time for social media stunts

There is no generally accepted common point for everybody in life. The life we live. Is just the survival of the strong ones and everyone can struggle to be strong.
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by edoairways: 11:50am On Feb 01, 2021
lookingfly:
money used for renting hostels/apartment, transport, handout etc should be used to buy data....online exams too!
Haven't you seen some students squatting in many hostels? Haven't you seen some students rationing their food? Haven't you seen some students trekking within the campus? So because you could afford those basic,it means others can.

1 Like

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:51am On Feb 01, 2021
AntiFeminism:
you that have already graduated from uniben I think you should shut the hell up and focus on getting a job.
I'm so disappointed this rubbish comment is coming from a self acclaimed UNIBEN graduate.
Mtchew

I'm not job-hunting, dear.

And then you created an account simply to troll and be vile? Hmmm. Bitter and yet a coward. Bad combo.

6 Likes

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Cuntface: 11:51am On Feb 01, 2021
HigherEd:
Considering the current Covid19 increased virulence and the obvious lack of a vaccine in Nigeria. it might be a good idea for students of social sciences, education, business and commerce, law etc to go back home in a bid to depopulate the Universities.

The reason is majority of these programmes can be conveniently taught online. As a matter of fact, the recent zoom update is quite better improved to support teaching. E.g a large class of students can now breakout into different breakout sessions therefore improving the experience.

The only students that should be retained in school at this moment in my opinion should be those of the science and technology, medicine and surgical departments who need to use laboratories and can't simulate such an educational experience online.

MyTwoCents

Kindly take your opinion and shove it.
Stupid uneducated thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by edoairways: 11:52am On Feb 01, 2021
Auladimeji:
But they can spend thousands just to post nude and troll on social media abi?Going to school no be by force ooo
That some students display some media stunts,it doesn't mean others do. At the bolded, you could say this because of are spoon-feed
Re: Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion by Petersamuel8(m): 11:52am On Feb 01, 2021
A very useless post by a useless poster

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* / Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones / Teacher Uses Extraordinary Chalkboard Drawing Skills To Teach Students Anatomy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.