Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,572 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death (5866 Views)

Buhari Mourns The Death Of General Attahiru Ibrahim, Others / Late General Attahiru Saluting Buhari At The Airport (Throwback Photo) / Profile Of Major-General Attahiru Ibrahim, The New Chief Of Army Staff (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by gidgiddy: 5:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
Many people may not know who the new Chief Of Army Staff, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, is. However, we Easterners remember him very well. I think it is time to call this man out for the various crimes he commited against Igbos.

In 2016/2017, the then Brigadier Ibrahim Attahiru was commander of the 302 Artillery Brigade, Onitsha, Anambra. This was a time when Onitsha was a hotbed of protest for Biafra by the indigenous people of Biafra(IPOB). IPOB had not yet been declared a terrorist organisation and its protests were peaceful. What Soldiers under the command of Brigadier Attahiru would occassionally do is to invade the area that IPOB was protesting and open fire on unarmed protesters. On one such occasion, the Soldiers shot dead 22 year old Miss Nkeiruka Ikeanyionwu and injured many others(pictures of Nkeiruka Ikeanyionwu are below). The sight of the dead girl on the ground provoked the protesters to turn violent, and they attacked properties owned by Northerners. A Dangote truck and a Mosque were burnt. Brigadier Attahiru and Governor Obiano met newsmen in front of the damaged Mosque the next day and he(Attahiru) claimed that Soldiers sent to maintain law and order were attacked by IPOB.

This became Brigadier Attahiru's modus operandi. Soldiers under his command would leave Onitsha barraks, invade wherever IPOB was having peaceful protest, open fire, and Attahiru would appear before the press to spin a wonderful story about how his Soldiers were on lawful duty when they were attacked by IPOB, forcing them to open fire. On one occasion, Soldiers invaded St Edmunds Church, Nkpor, Onitsha, where many IPOB members were sleeping and opened fire inside the church killing people. Amnesty International investigated and the report was damning against Attahiru and his men. It accused them of extra-judicial killings, coverup and deception. The link to full report is below but extracts from church invasion by Soldiers under Attahiru's command read:

A joint security operation was carried out by the Nigerian army, police and navy between the night of 29 May and throughout 30May, apparently intended to prevent a march by IPOB members from the Nkpor motor park to a nearby field for a rally. Before the march began the military raided homes and a church where IPOB members were sleeping.

IPOB supporters told Amnesty International that hundreds of people who had come from neighbouring states, were asleep in the St Edmunds Catholic church when soldiers stormed the compound on 29 May.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2016/06/nigeria-killing-of-unarmed-pro-biafra-supporters-by-military-must-be-urgently-investigated/

Below are graphic pictures of Nkeiruka Ikeanyionwu who was shot and killed by Soldiers of the 302 Artillery Brigade Onitsha, commanded by Ibrahim Attahiru

Edit

I decided to drag up my old thread in the wake of the death of General Attahiru

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by gidgiddy: 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
A 32-year-old hair dresser who was in the church told Amnesty International: “At about midnight we heard someone banging the door. We refused to open the door but they forced the door open and started throwing teargas. They also started shooting inside the compound. People were running to escape. I saw one guy shot in the stomach. He fell down but the teargas could not allow people to help him. I did not know what happened to the guy as I escaped and ran away.”

Another witness told Amnesty International that on the morning of 30 Mayhe saw soldiers open fire on a group of around 20 men and boys aged between 15 and 45 at the Nkpor Motor Park on the morning of 30 May. He says that five of them were killed.“I stood about two poles [approximately 100 metres] away from where the men were being shot and killed. I couldn’t quite hear what they were asking the boys, but I saw one boy trying to answer a question. He immediately raised his hands, but the soldiers opened fire…He lay down, lifeless. I saw this myself.”

The witness described how military officers loaded men with gunshot wounds into one van, and what appeared to be corpses into another.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2016/06/nigeria-killing-of-unarmed-pro-biafra-supporters-by-military-must-be-urgently-investigated

2 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by dumahi(m): 6:06pm On Jan 31, 2021
Who knows how I can join ESN asap? My blood is very hurt now. This afternoon, I was sleeping and saw myself in my family house in Ebonyi State. All of a sudden, I saw Fulani grazing their cattle inside the compound. I call on everyone to REALLY pray down God's presence upon the situation at hand. But, after the prayer, ACTION is very important. Faith without action is dead.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by Jostoman: 6:17pm On Jan 31, 2021
Can you imagine

1 Like

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by AlfaB: 6:17pm On Jan 31, 2021
That's why the rotten cow promoted him.

21 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by Racoon(m): 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2021
Meanwhile, this is the records of the same Attahiru being violent against IPOB but weak again BH terrorists.So does one need any evidence to know where BH takes it ideological inspiration? .....
His(Maj.Gen.Attahiru's) removal is said to be linked to the seeming inefficiency of his command in tackling the Boko Haram insurgency.

In May, he took over the theatre command from Lucky Irabor who is now coordinating the multinational joint task force (MNJTF). Since then, suicide bombings and attacks on military formations have been on the rise.
https://www.thecable.ng/army-removes-operation-lafiya-dole-theatre-commander/amp

7 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by gidgiddy: 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
AlfaB:
That's why the rotten cow promoted him.

Major General Attahiru has blood on his hands

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by PoloG: 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
Icons and their foolishness

1 Like

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by BigSarah(f): 7:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
Come on guys this is too soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
No crime

Igbo miscreants always feeling special even though they promote terrorists groups like ESN and IPOB.

When the government intervened to protect Nigeria, these miscreants start complaining

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by helinues: 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2021
Gosh

Na everybody be una enemy?

What did you expect him to have done as a commander in the operation? To send flowers and chocolates to the miscreants.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by PDJT: 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2021
-Thank you, OP, for bringing back this painful experience. Let Nigerians keep seeing the kind of atrocities being committed in their names.

-Everyone who has committed one heinous crime or another is always promoted to higher office by Nigeria and Nigerians. The evil Nigerians breed will surely visit their homes, one after the other. A society where evil and heinous crime is celebrated will forever remain doomed!

-Rest in Peace Nkeiruka, Rest in Peace gallant Biafran patriots! God bless your souls. Isee!!

13 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by Dpharisee: 8:10pm On Jan 31, 2021
His incompetence got him the job. Killing fellow Nigerians for protesting against Nigeria because you are officially entitled to an Army uniform is a crime against humanity and infringement on freedom of expression.
Just like we didn't have confidence on Buhari and he didn't disappoint, we don't have confidence on Attahiru Ibrahim to achieve wonders as COAS. He failed as Commander before leading to loss of lives of several Nigerian soldiers, and instead of disciplining him he was promoted because he is Fulani.

8 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by PDJT: 8:11pm On Jan 31, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:
No crime

Igbo miscreants always feeling special even though they promote terrorists groups like ESN and IPOB.

When the government intervened to protect Nigeria, these miscreants start complaining
[/s]

-The evil you’re celebrating will visit your home. Isee!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by PDJT: 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2021
[s]
helinues:
Gosh

What did you expect him to have done as a commander in the operation? To send flowers and chocolates to the miscreants.

[/s]

7 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by PDJT: 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2021
[s]
PoloG:
Igbos and their foolishness
[/s]

6 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
PDJT:
[s][/s]
[s]
-The evil you’re celebrating will visit your home. Isee[/s]!

You are evil for supporting evil
Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by PDJT: 8:15pm On Jan 31, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

You are evil for supporting evil
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by fk001(m): 8:23pm On Jan 31, 2021
IPOB and their victim mentality.

To them every one is enemy, okay tell us who do you wish to fill in the post?

7 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by FatherCHRISTMAS: 8:45pm On Jan 31, 2021
fk001:
IPOB and their victim mentality.

To them every one is enemy, okay tell us who do you wish to fill in the post?

When you are a citizen of a lawless country, the thinking is different.

When you are a citizen of a law respecting country, you thinking is different too.

Who goes into people's compound at night to shoot them and throw teargas at them

11 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by gidgiddy: 8:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
BigSarah:
Come on guys this is too soon

Really? Take a look at the picture of 22 year old Nkeiruka that Soldiers under the command of Attahiru gunned down and tell me how late you think it is

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 31, 2021
gidgiddy:
[s]Many people may not know who the new Chief Of Army Staff, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, is. However, we Easterners remember him very well. I think it is time to call this man out for the various crimes he commited against Igbos.

In 2016/2017, the then Brigadier Ibrahim Attahiru was commander of the 302 Artillery Brigade, Onitsha, Anambra. This was a time when Onitsha was a hotbed of protest for Biafra by the indigenous people of Biafra(IPOB). IPOB had not yet been declared a terrorist organisation and its protests were peaceful. What Soldiers under the command of Brigadier Attahiru would occassionally do is to invade the area that IPOB was protesting and open fire on unarmed protesters. On one such occasion, the Soldiers shot dead 22 year old Miss Nkeiruka Ikeanyionwu and injured many others(pictures of Nkeiruka Ikeanyionwu are below). The sight of the dead girl on the ground provoked the protesters to turn violent, and they attacked properties owned by Northerners. A Dangote truck and a Mosque were burnt. Brigadier Attahiru and Governor Obiano met newsmen in front of the damaged Mosque the next day and he(Attahiru) claimed that Soldiers sent to maintain law and order were attacked by IPOB.

This became Brigadier Attahiru's modus operandi. Soldiers under his command would leave Onitsha barraks, invade wherever IPOB was having peaceful protest, open fire, and Attahiru would appear before the press to spin a wonderful story about how his Soldiers were on lawful duty when they were attacked by IPOB, forcing them to open fire. On one occasion, Soldiers invaded St Edmunds Church, Nkpor, Onitsha, where many IPOB members were sleeping and opened fire inside the church killing people. Amnesty International investigated and the report was damning against Attahiru and his men. It accused them of extra-judicial killings, coverup and deception. The link to full report is below but extracts from church invasion by Soldiers under Attahiru's command read:

A joint security operation was carried out by the Nigerian army, police and navy between the night of 29 May and throughout 30May, apparently intended to prevent a march by IPOB members from the Nkpor motor park to a nearby field for a rally. Before the march began the military raided homes and a church where IPOB members were sleeping.

IPOB supporters told Amnesty International that hundreds of people who had come from neighbouring states, were asleep in the St Edmunds Catholic church when soldiers stormed the compound on 29 May.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2016/06/nigeria-killing-of-unarmed-pro-biafra-supporters-by-military-must-be-urgently-investigated/[/s]

Write that on newspaper not nairaland.

Thanks...>>>All these are crimes of Nnamdi kanu against Igbos not COAS.

This nonsense you keep writing is too early. Allow the man to do his job.

You can belong to terrorist organization and expect to be treated like queen of England.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by Conrod: 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You can belong to terrorist organization and expect to be treated like queen of England.
I wonder if you will say this if that lady is your sister, meanwhile, germany is still hunting for ex nazi officers.

13 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
Conrod:
I wonder if you will say this if that lady is your sister, meanwhile, germany is still hunting for ex nazi officers.

I am not moved by views run by terrorist organization.

1 Like

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by gidgiddy: 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

The crimes of Nnamdi Kanu? Is it the job of Soldiers to protect Nigeria and its citizens, or to go about shooting and killing unarmed protesters like they did at Lekki toll gate? That one is also the crime of ENDSARS protest organisers?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2021
gidgiddy:

The crimes of Nnamdi Kanu? Is it the job of Soldiers to protect Nigeria and its citizens, or to go about shooting and killing unarmed protesters like they did at Lekki toll gate? That one is also the crime of ENDSARS protest organisers?

Mtcheew
Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by jchioma: 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2021
May the blood of every Nigerian killed and wasted needlessly by the military, police and other enforcement agencies, either for gain or power, speak out and hunt them and their generations to the grave.

3 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by kettykin: 10:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
helinues:
Gosh

What kind of military would shoot unarmed protesters in any part of the world and cower before armed herdsmen and boko haram, such a military should never be allowed to exist. God who upholds judgment and rule of law will never allow such hopelessly satanic military to exist in any part of the world

7 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by kettykin: 10:57pm On Jan 31, 2021
Juliusmalema:

If Nnamdi kanu is a criminal and ipob is a terrorist organization , is that why the military should open fire on unarmed civilians and kill teenage girls. This is very myopic and jaundiced view of life.

How come American military never shot at Capitol hill invaders and black life matters protesters but Nigerian military will shoot unarmed women and children and run from armed herdsmen and boko haram

3 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by greymiles: 11:12pm On Jan 31, 2021
dumahi:
Who knows how I can join ESN asap? My blood is very hurt now. This afternoon, I was sleeping and saw myself in my family house in Ebonyi State. All of a sudden, I saw Fulani grazing their cattle inside the compound. I call on everyone to REALLY pray down God's presence upon the situation at hand. But, after the prayer, ACTION is very important. Faith without action is dead.
I thought there are no more Fulani in the East
Re: The Many Sins Of General Attahiru, Why Biafrans Will Rejoice over His Death by Dansuqi: 11:12pm On Jan 31, 2021
gidgiddy:

Op you are a big time liar,a propagandist.you always formulate fallacious tales.unfortunately most nigerians are emotional and will not double check this kind of falsehood.

There is nothing like 302 artillery brigade,it is 302 artillery regiment and it is commanded by a full colonel not a brigadier general.as of that time,general attahiru was a major gener
Anyway,officer Ibrahim attahiru was promoted to a major general in 2015.as a major general,he will command a division.his first posting was to 82 division as goc.so at what time and point did he command 302 regiment my boy?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra Simon Ekpa Is Contesting In Finland Elections But Says No Elections In SE / Ohanaeze Denies Calling For One Million-Man Match Against Enugu Governor / Nobody In Tinubu's Team Is Clean.. PICS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.