Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

How To Know And Discover A Roof Problem- Signs Of Roof Damage - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Know And Discover A Roof Problem- Signs Of Roof Damage (342 Views)

Few Of The Most Common Causes Of Roof Damage And Their Remedies / The IMPORTANCE Of Roof Gutter (water Collector) / What Is The Most Cost Effective Choice Of Roof Parapet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Know And Discover A Roof Problem- Signs Of Roof Damage by benroofing: 7:05pm On Feb 01, 2021
Being a homeowner is like an achievement. Owning a place implies freedom to design and decorate it, without having to worry about restrictions from the landlord or other residents of the apartment. But, the freedom comes with responsibility too, responsibilities like keeping the home in proper condition, aesthetically and functionally and the roof is an important part of the task. But, what to look for when inspecting the integrity of the roof of the house? Here are some surefire signs of a damaged roof that need immediate repairs:

Loose or Lifted Shingles:

The shingles, in their efficient state, should be smooth and flat to keep moisture out. One tell-tale sign that the roof has undergone some damage is by observing whether there are loose shingles or not.

But how to tell whether shingles have become loose? It's best to hire one of the expert Glendale roofers for proper inspection. Sometimes damaged shingles are evident from the ground view too, but sometimes they need an on-roof inspection for detection.

If roof climbing is not an issue, one can check that all the shingles are uniform. If it is noticed that some shingles are slightly lifted, then one should call a roofing professional to solve the issue. Even if just a couple of shingles are damaged, they need to be addressed without delay. Lifted shingle encourages water pooling underneath it, and causes water damage.

Hail Damage:

Hailstones can be as large as softballs. They have pointy edges which makes them super efficient at wreaking havoc on roofs. If there has been a big hailstorm, it’s best to get the roof checked by one of the Glendale roofers, for damage. Hail damage can be subtle or catastrophic. Round dents throughout the roof and broken shingles are evident signs of hail damage. If the damage is substantial the roof may need replacement.

Shingles Looking Patchy

Roofing shingles are covered in granules. These granules make the shingles water-proof and protect the roof from water damage. With time, these granules wear away and are exposed. The best way to recognize that is via thorough inspection.
If shingles look patchy, then they may need replacing.

Water Patch on the Ceiling

One major indication of roof damage is water patches on ceilings and the exterior walls or, worse, water dripping from the ceiling when it rains. The attic may be the first place to be damaged because of percolating water. It must be checked thoroughly. Otherwise, the ceiling must be monitored during rains for patches and leaks. Water damage if left untreated for too long can lead to black mold and can weaken the infrastructure, among other issues. If the signs of water damage are there, get a professional roofer to check them out.

Re: How To Know And Discover A Roof Problem- Signs Of Roof Damage by AmeliaLiana: 11:06am On Jul 28, 2021
I didn't notice the leak on time and it totally destroyed my roof, so yeah, it appears to be a simple thing but it cost me a fortune.
Re: How To Know And Discover A Roof Problem- Signs Of Roof Damage by scottmichael197: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2021
There are several ways to identify the problem on the roof. It seems to me the best remedy is rain. I always climb on the top at times like this to check if the roof is leaking in some areas or not. It really helps because this way, I've been able to find a few small holes. I didn't wait for them to grow in size and flood my house but called in the experts from City2Surf Roofing Sydney. They replaced everything necessary, and I have not found any more problems, even in a severe thunderstorm, so I recommend you this option of finding it.

(1) (Reply)

Eastland Golf -affordable Titled Land Selling In Beautiful Estate In Abijo Lekki / Commercial/industrial Land Along Lagos/ibadan Expressway From Warewa To Intercha / Beautiful Bedroom Apartment For Shortlet @ Agungi,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.