Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,413 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency (516 Views)

Muhammad Pate Declines GAVI Position For Appointment As Tinubu Minister / Nigeria Police Release Statement On Appointment Of Mba As New PRO By New IGP / Ibrahim Idris Hands Over Police Flag To New Igp Adamu(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by Officialhorlah(m): 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2021
As the Inspector General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu, reached retirement on Monday, the Presidency has said no date has been fixed for announcement of his successor.
Presidential spokesman Garba Shehu said on a programme on Channels Television on Monday that he was not aware of any imminent announcement.
Shehu however said the appointment of the next IGP will not be based on ethnic considerations.
“The President returns to Abuja on Tuesday. He should be on his desk by Wednesday. I don’t know when he will do this.

“One thing I can assure you is that in places sensitive like that, there is no vacuum that will subsist, so therefore the system will take care of itself.
“The President will rather have an Inspector-General of Police who will make you and I safer, protect life and property than one who is more pronounced by his tribal marks.
“If you are going to appoint the service chiefs from every ethnic group in this country, you are going to have more than 250 Inspector-General of Police, 250 Chief of Army Staff, 250 Chief of Naval Staff. It’s not going to work like that. And they have their own systems of producing leadership.
“If we say we are going to use ethnicity or region as the basis, then we have lost it. This is about law and order, it is not about ethnic identity. This country finished with tribalism in the 1960s, why are we back to it now?
“But if you have two, three positions – look at what happened with the Service Chiefs just appointed: two from the South, two from the North. If you are talking about religion, two Muslims, two Christians. So what do you want again?”
He said the appointment will be based on who can best help to protect lives and property across the country.

Cc Myynd44

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-no-date-for-appointment-of-new-igp-presidency/

1 Like

Re: No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by EnvelopeUs(f): 7:57pm On Feb 01, 2021
Same thing that happened with service chiefs is about to play out here again.
Re: No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by illicit(m): 8:19pm On Feb 01, 2021
No stories abeg....

1 Like

Re: No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by cpu2006(m): 8:27pm On Feb 01, 2021
Okay
Re: No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
His explanation is excellent, this how a country should work based on meritocracy.

If this have been implimented long ago,we won't be here. I hope they follow through.
Re: No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 01, 2021
Noted
Re: No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 01, 2021
Yusufisraelj:
His explanation is excellent, this how a country should work based on meritocracy.

If this have been implimented long ago,we won't be here. I hope they follow through.

No doubt you are really yusuf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by helinues: 8:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
When they are ready to appoint new IGP, they should let us know.

undecided
Re: No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by ggood: 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2021
stupid people
Re: No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:49pm On Feb 01, 2021
Juliusmalema:

No doubt you are really yusuf

If you mistake my name for siding a region or adminstration, you will be doing yourself a great disservice, I am only a Nigerian and support what is right, irrespective of who says it.

I served in Anambra state of Nigeria, carried out 43 community development projects, this earned me a recognition from the governor's office.

This is not me blowing my trumpet, a nepotistic fellow won't do that. So pls rest, if the government is wrong I will say so.

And stop this childishness of judging people by their names. Read the story and see how a country should operate, not siding what shouldn't be.
Re: No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

If you mistake my name for siding a region or adminstration, you will be doing yourself a great disservice, I am only a Nigerian and support what is right, irrespective of who says it.

I served in Anambra state of Nigeria, carried out 43 community development projects, this earned me a recognition from the governor's office.

This is not me blowing my trumpet, a nepotistic fellow won't do that. So pls rest, if the government is wrong I will say so.

And stop this childishness of judging people by their names. Read the story and see how a country should operate, not siding what shouldn't be.

Shut it .

Is your name not Yusuf?

1 Like

Re: No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:53pm On Feb 01, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Shut it .

Is your name not Yusuf?

Lols, I rest. Continue
Re: No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by Mysticwebb: 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2021
As if he doesn't have a northern name for it already.

1 Like

Re: No Date For Appointment Of New IGP- Presidency by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Lols, I rest. Continue
You better rest because this your Nigeria preaching is totally irritating.

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Rescue The North from Anarchy By Barr Bukarti / Wait Ooo! Where Is Kemi Adeosun? / #endsars And Igbos: Nigerians Don’t See Divisive Tactics When It Is Glaring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.