Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,221 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Reps Spokesman, Ben Kalu Condemns Violent Destruction Of Fulani Herds In Bende - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Spokesman, Ben Kalu Condemns Violent Destruction Of Fulani Herds In Bende (977 Views)

'I No Sabi Tinubu. Nah Only Peter Obi I Dey Hear - Fulani Herds Boy (Video) / Alex Ikwechegh Mobbed By Residents In Bende, Abia (Photos) / Burglars Break Into National Assembly, Vandalise Reps’ Spokesman's Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Spokesman, Ben Kalu Condemns Violent Destruction Of Fulani Herds In Bende by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:18pm On Feb 01, 2021
Reps Spokesman, Ben Kalu Condemns Violent Destruction of Fulani Herds in Bende

The spokesman of the House of Representatives and Member Representing Bende Federal Constituency, Hon. Benjamin Kalu has condemned the violent destruction of Fulani Herdsmen camp in Bende, Abia State.

In a statement made available to IGBERE TV on Monday, Ben Kalu said the destruction of Fulani Herdsmen camps is antithetical to the tenets and tradition of the peace-loving people of Bende.

Ben Kalu noted that he is currently exploring avenues of diplomacy to ensure that there is no escalation of violence and also met with the Department of State Security (DSS), the Police and other security agencies in Abia State to ensure the protection of lives and property of both visitors and indigenes in Bende and to also fish out the perpetrators of this dastardly act.

He also called the Chairman and Members of the Council of Traditional Rulers in Bende, the Members of the State House of Assembly representing Bende North and Bende South, all youth and women leaders as well the Presidents-General of town unions in the constituency for a meeting by 11am tomorrow, February 2, 2021 at the hall at Bende LGA headquarters to discuss ways of fostering peace in Bende.

The statement reads,

"My attention has been brought to the recent skirmish that took place around Ozuitem in Bende Federal Constituency which resulted in the injury of a Fulani herdsman and affected 15 livestock."

"As with violence of any kind, I strongly condemn this attack. It is antithetical to the tenets and tradition of the peace-loving people of Bende. I therefore ask every community leader and member not to support this act of violence and to be wary of mischievous or unscrupulous elements around who may wish to instigate further unrest."

"Through my office, I am currently exploring avenues of diplomacy to ensure that there is no escalation of violence. I have also met with the Department of State Security (DSS), the Police and other security agencies in Abia State to ensure the protection of lives and property of both visitors and indigenes in Bende and to also fish out the perpetrators of this dastardly act. Furthermore, as we engage diplomatically to preserve the peace, I have instructed the Constituency office to take care of the medical bills of the injured herdsman."

"Finally, I hereby call on the Chairman and Members of the Council of Traditional Rulers in Bende, the Members of the State House of Assembly representing Bende North and Bende South, all youth and women leaders as well the Presidents-General of town unions in the constituency for a meeting by 11am tomorrow, February 2, 2021 at the hall at Bende LGA headquarters to discuss ways of fostering peace in Bende."

"We ask the youths to support the peace-loving nature of the Bende federal constituency and to be vigilant in discovering those who want to come and commit crimes on our soil."

STAY WITH IGBERE TV. AFRICA'S NO1 COMMUNITY TV.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1381149/reps-spokesman-ben-kalu-condemns-violent-destruction-fulani-herds-bende/

Cc, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Reps Spokesman, Ben Kalu Condemns Violent Destruction Of Fulani Herds In Bende by ggood: 11:55pm On Feb 01, 2021
They should take their cow to Mali
Re: Reps Spokesman, Ben Kalu Condemns Violent Destruction Of Fulani Herds In Bende by Akaegwu(m): 12:47am On Feb 02, 2021
Nobody is chasing the fulanis away. All we are saying is leave our forest and bushes. Move to the communities, rent houses as other tribes do in your states. Rent potion for your animals. Pay tax to the government. Contribute to the development of your host community, Pay electricity bill where available.
A tribe just choose to be parasites within a country. Soo bad

5 Likes

Re: Reps Spokesman, Ben Kalu Condemns Violent Destruction Of Fulani Herds In Bende by SouthNigerian: 2:13am On Feb 02, 2021
We still have a bountiful remains of brain-dead mofos in the South.

Imagine the trash this mofo is spewing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Spokesman, Ben Kalu Condemns Violent Destruction Of Fulani Herds In Bende by Macphenson: 5:41am On Feb 02, 2021
And this useless idiot has never condemned the destruction of farmlands, raping women and killings of host by these unscrupulous elements.

Is it not so funny that we are yet to hear of a single fulani prosecuted? They protect their own.

But the useless politicians down south will sacrifice their own to remain relevant politically.

1 Like

Re: Reps Spokesman, Ben Kalu Condemns Violent Destruction Of Fulani Herds In Bende by Bleiz(m): 6:05am On Feb 02, 2021
Ranching is the solution
Re: Reps Spokesman, Ben Kalu Condemns Violent Destruction Of Fulani Herds In Bende by Dedetwo(m): 6:32am On Feb 02, 2021
Where were this inherent fool, Department of State Security (DSS), the Police and other security agencies in Abia State when the Fulani herdsmen were raping, kidnapping and killing peace-loving people of Bende?

1 Like

Re: Reps Spokesman, Ben Kalu Condemns Violent Destruction Of Fulani Herds In Bende by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 02, 2021
Macphenson:
And this useless idiot has never condemned the destruction of farmlands, raping women and killings of host by these unscrupulous elements.

Is it not so funny that we are yet to hear of a single fulani prosecuted? They protect their own.

But the useless politicians down south will sacrifice their own to remain relevant politically.

You said it the way I would have put it, but except for the qualifier ' useless idiot', I LL rather go with ' shortsighted and very selfish beings. You are not totally out of place but for the case of decorum and formality.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Cannot Do Anything Ijelespeaks Enters Abia State VIDEO / Aba Bye-election: APGA, AA Candidates Step Down For Pdp's Ebisike / Foolishness Of IPOB Igbo Supporters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.