Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! (8174 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by ceah(m): 5:41pm On Apr 07, 2011
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by terimama: 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2011
It's really not about d candidate to vote for or not. if u feel anyone is the right candidate u have d right to vote. d poster only commented on his own observation.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by jimtosam: 9:57pm On Apr 07, 2011
How many times have you heard words from sugar-coated politicians?
How many time have you been carried away by their charisma?
How many times have you been swept by their grammar?

I will do this
I will do that

I think it's better we try a silent man this time around. He could be the right man.
I love Bakare and I know he can make great impact.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by AlexG1(m): 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2011
BB all the way
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by edicolove: 12:21am On Apr 08, 2011
JAPAN
GHANA
SINGAPORE
CHINA

Many of the alleged benefits from corruption, such as streamlining government transactions or enhancing civil service pay, only appear as such against the background of a public sector that is failing to perform effectively. The experience of economies such as Singapore indicates that patient and persistent efforts toward improved public sector management, by streamlining customs procedures or by paying wages that are competitive with the private sector, for example, are likely to result in greater benefits over time than tolerating relatively high levels of corruption to compensate for these deficiencies.

In light of the discussion above, we can affirm that corrupt and illicit behavior is a serious brake upon the development process. We should reject the argument that corruption's beneficial effects outweigh its negative consequences, or that it is inappropriate for international financial institutions to address such issues. Experience drawn from the Asia and Pacific region and elsewhere demonstrates that significant progress can be made in the struggle against corruption if the proper legal, institutional, and policy reforms are in place.

so even if its only corruption that we can reduce in this country, it will go a long way in solving many of our problems. Imagine if the $30billion was used to revive nepa? It would have reduced the amount of money spent on the importation of Generating sets, MTN and others would reduce their call tariffs, Dunlop would relocate back to Nigeria, thereby creating more employment opportunities,, I can go on and on, but the bottom line is everything is like a chain-reaction, they are interwoven and corruption is our main problem in Nigeria

God Bless Nigeria

please dont just say things just to win an argument.

Of all the countries you mentioned, only ghana could be said to have had a bit of corruption problem that affected the country. but it wasnt just solving the corruption problem that changed ghana, it was the visionary acts of jerry rawlings in uniting the country that changed everything. they were once divided like us. but now, they are united. our biggest problem is the fact that we are not one country. it is not corruption. ghanians are very modest people. they are not like Nigerians and they are not very corrupt.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by buzugee(m): 1:43am On Apr 08, 2011
dunno what yall talking about. i watched this movie on youtube yesterday called blackberry girls. all the roads were perfectly tarred. the houses looked exquisite and the cars looked nice. even young girls were pushing honda. everybody had blackberry. lots of good shopping to be had. dunno what other developments yall want o jare angry
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by solajacobs(m): 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2011
Buhari is a pretentious anti-corruption fighter. The trajectory of a man's journey in public life matters. For the follwoing reasons I can not vote for Buhari

> 1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be under house arrest is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers whose land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.

> 1(a) Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.

> 1 (b) Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind as a result of this false imprisonment. When he died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.

> 1© Pa Adekule Ajasin was never the same after his eventual release and remained sickly for the rest of his life. Whe he died, he never had any property anywhere in the world except the one he had built from his sweat as long term teacher and school principal in Owo township.

> 2. He put in place a retroactive law that killed three men, innocent men in my book, by public execution. He left untouched an alleged well-known drug baron in Ibrahim Babangida who later overthrew his government.

> 3. He jailed Nduka Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian on stories that were factually true under Decree 4. He had told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not.

> 4. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash througth the MMA against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku (then Comptroller of Customs who later became the Vice President and a compromised politician himself). This smuggling of the suit cases were supervised by his ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo, now Emir of Gwandu.

> 5. He jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under emergency law which prompted the sentencing Judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologised to the late musician. It was Buhari's administration that said it has "decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all."

> 6. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of Northern population majority

> 7. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a muslim.

> 8. He is a coup plotter.

> 9. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.

> 9(a) He has not been able to point to any project that he prosecuted outside the Northern Nigeria with the so-caled Trust Fund.

> 10. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on the precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such unfit to lead the country.

> 11. Buhari, as part of his tribalistic practices placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatial mansion in Ikoyi, while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman.

> 12. Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another Igboman who returned from 13years exile just a little over a year then was as well locked up in Kiri Kiri Prison by mean-hearted Buhari.Up till today we are not told what was Emeka's offence.

> 13. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for immediate medical attention.The then Governor of Ogun State,Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.

> 14. Buhari ransacked the house of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo and confisticated his International Passport. Which civilized democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President,the same individual who overthrew an elected President? Never!

> 15. Plus Buhari having Sam Mbakwe in jail, he went for one of Mbakwe's wives. He established himself again for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jailhouse news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives. One (I can't remember his name now; Odenigbo?) also died in jail.

> 16. Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC governorship candidate for Kano State, is Mohammed Abacha, the same person that had/ran a personal killing squad, co ordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola & attempted to kill Ibru; and also stashed money in underground tanks, all less than 13 years ago, Nigerians have very short selective memory. Shame!

> 17. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and that as PTF Chairman, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people; to the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the North. If in doubt read El Rufai's testimony where he wrote about Katsina boys who used the money they made at PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election as Katsina Governor in 1999.

> 18. Buhari is unforgiving! When he "took over" by coup in 1983, he even remembered an article written a very very long time ago by Bisi Onabanjo ('The Mallams are coming') and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote that people should watch out for that "gangly officer from the north" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at some Army function where he was reported to be very openly pro-Fulani and pro-Islam to the exclusion of all else and also talked about termination of democratic rule. For that, Onabanjo got one of the harshest jail terms and treatments.

> 19. Buhari's intolerance is worse than Obasanjo's. When he was adopted as the ANPP's candidate on the night of the party's Primaries (without prior warning to the other candidates) and a few of them protested, Buhari got up and made a speech that those people must be disciplined.He subsequently spoke on BBC's "hard talk" and he frightened his listeners and the interviewer with his archaic and fundamentalist intolerant views. His understanding and articulation is very much in doubt.

> 20. The evil genius, IBB and his crew similarly ran rings around Buhari. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to return over $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that Abacha's stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from the Niger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.

> 21. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel, despite the fact that Buhari knew how inportant reconciliation is to the stability of democracy. Buhari has never apologised at anytime.

> 22. Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26) for trafficking in drugs. To put it quite plainly, one of those three - Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. At the time Ogedengbe committed the crime it did not carry that punishment. If we must live as civilised citizens we must go by the rules. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Killing people with retroactive laws is not the civilised thing to do - and for as long as we will have people who refuse to see the truth only because their heroes are itching to rule when they have not purged themselves we will continue to wallow in misery.

> If Nigerians reward dangerous, insensitive, dishonest, mean, cruel, partial, egoistic, religious fundamendalist, conscienceless human being like MOHAMMADU BUHARI with the Presidency of Nigeria with his kind of track record, then why do we still wonder why Nigeria has not and will not make it?

> I cannot in good conscience support Buhari's candidacy on the above grounds. I wish we have intelligent people who know what democracy means. I wish we have civilized minds. However, I am 100 percent sure that Buhari will never again rule Nigeria.

> For the good of Nigeria, vote any other candidate, but SAY NO TO BUHARI!
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by dibigslim: 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2011
buhari is the worse of all the worse candidates in april fool poll election., for me i think gej/sambo make sense.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by vinmol: 3:58pm On Apr 08, 2011
i have further resolve to vote BUHARI

SAI BUHARI!!!!!! FOR PRESIDENT 20111

@ sholajacobs is dat all u can find dig more and write more, GEJ the SAINT

if he can make it you can make it, mumu nigerians like u!
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by vinmol: 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2011
i was not more rish

Ans: Before nko u no know who born u? fisher men dey get money

i had no shoes

Ans: u no need am u be wan wear shoe swim go class?

i never imagined i'd be where i am today

Ans: becos u had no business being dere in the first place

if i can make it

Ans: u made it becos somebody died

I Goodluck Jonathan, abeg abeg abeg mumu man e don do!
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by goose1: 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2011
@poster.your position here is that of a campaigner.At this time in our national life,we don't need an orator in the mold of Bill Clinton (GEJ is not close to it),neither do we need a leader with the finest diplomatic touch.Other nations may need it based on their national demand/desire.We don't equally need a young chap,it is the least of our problem.What we earnestly need is a leader that has the moral right and desire to take on corruption. This is where Buhari come in,he may not be the best in other areas of governance,but he is the leader that fits our most pressing problem-corruption.
Guys lets vote according to our most pressing need.
Buhari for president
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by agabaI23(m): 11:11pm On Apr 08, 2011
^ you actually have the skills that Buhari lacks.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by soloqy: 1:58am On Apr 09, 2011
For me, am a Christian but among other reasons, the fact that Buhari poached Bakare because he is a pastor, I wont vote for them.

There is something not just right about it.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by liquid7: 2:01am On Apr 09, 2011
have you heard goodluck talk?
my god,and this man was a lecturer?
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by allanohize(m): 3:12am On Apr 09, 2011
hate him as much as you want, but Buhari is the only man alive today who had the opportunity as a leader to prove that he has the true interests of nigeria at heart and he did!

whether he will maintain that if voted in is not the question, but anyone who thinks he is not a good choice needs to really have his head examined!

and her's too if the person is a woman! grin
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by kennykane1(m): 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2011
@Adamuhassa

Ghana is one good example,  Rawlings did but Buhari will not take the same brutal steps, rather he is advising all corrupt official to flee as soon as he takes over from clueless johnnyboy.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Nobody: 5:59am On Apr 10, 2011
cry buhari is a fanatic, and he feel he has being hurt over the years he is just looking for vengance, by God grace he will fail
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 10, 2011
cry buhari is a fanatic, and he feel he has being hurt over the years he is just looking for vengance, by God grace he will fail
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by honeric01(m): 10:44am On Apr 10, 2011
DEAR BUHARI/BAKARE FANS, EDUCATE THOSE VOTING FOR CPC AT THIS COMING PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, TELL THEM NOT TO FOLD THEIR BALLOT PAPER AS SOON AS THEY FINISH THUMB-PRINTING TO AVOID THE INK STAINING THE BALLOT PAPER THEREBY RENDERING THE VOTE INVALID, LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY ARE TO THUMB PRINT BEHIND THE CPC LOGO, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT SO AS TO AVOID VOIDED VOTES.

IT HAPPENED DURING THE SENATORIAL ELECTIONS, DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN, EDUCATE THEM, TELL THEM NOT TO OVER TOUCH THE INK-PAD SO THAT THE INK WONT BE TOO MUCH TO STAIN THE BALLOT PAPER. SPREAD THIS.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by daqskin: 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2011
The guy has been there from the very beginning.

He fought the civil (though I wonder what is "civil" about the war! LOL!)
After the war, he became a governor of one the northern states as at then, before he became the Minister for Petroluem under OBJ.

The guy has been in the corridors of power. he really wants a piece of the action. OBJ disappointed him by handing over to the "bloody civilians". It took just four years to strategize with his gang criminally minded soldiers like IBB and Abacha to sack the Shagari led goverment. He was yet to enjoy his "turn" before IBB removed him.

It is only in Africa that we have such men who holds the destiny of a nation for 3 or more generations.

They (mis)ruled my fathers generation, (mis)ruled my generation and now about to ruin my childrens genertion.
It is a national shame.
MY BROTHER, THAT GENERATIONAL CURSE NO GO REACH OUR CHILDREN IN JESUS NAME OOO>>> the man probably forgot some part of his brains in ASO, thats why he cant understand simple questions put to him, why is he so desprate to grab POWER by all means shocked @ BEAF please paint a picture of a man who foorgot his brains in the eighties and give it as a gift to his (mourners) who are always crying everytime they hear his voice. (kinda reminds me of their ancestral great grand father ADOLF HITLER),
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by daqskin: 5:26pm On Apr 10, 2011
@poster.your position here is that of a campaigner.At this time in our national life,we don't need an orator in the mold of Bill Clinton (GEJ is not close to it),neither do we need a leader with the finest diplomatic touch.Other nations may need it based on their national demand/desire.We don't equally need a young chap,it is the least of our problem.What we earnestly need is a leader that has the moral right and desire to take on corruption. This is where Buhari come in,he may not be the best in other areas of governance,but he is the leader that fits our most pressing problem-corruption.
Guys lets vote according to our most pressing need.
Buhari for president
this is where you stop and think through your brains not your A$$. why has Buhari never faced a probe panel ? is it not because he still attends THE STATE EXECUTIVE MEETINGS? if he is not corrupt he should present himself for probe. the members of the SEC are still being covered by immunity clauses that they put there to protect them. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dasuki Got Jonathan's Approvals To Collect $2.1bn From NNPC In 9 Months-TheCable / The Ordeals Of Alimodu Sheriff And What It Portends For The PDP / Peter ‘okwute’ The Rock By Nonso Ozoemena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.