Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) (51593 Views)

Burna Boy Wears Padlocks, Keys In His Latest Pictures / Angela Okorie, Chamberlin Her Son In Latest Pictures / Davido Looking Amazing In New Latest Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by dfrost: 10:52am On Feb 02, 2021
imhotep:

~~ more flogging with koboko~~grin

As in eee, serious one grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by SunTzu123(m): 10:53am On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Legend

Whenever I see this picture I dey dey disappointed with my fore fathers.
Instead make them calm down, make oyinbo carry them go America ,highest dem go be slave for a while before them release them,for where ,my great grandfather dey run upandan inside bush dey escape oyinbo. He no know say he dey escape good life. Now I'm stick with herdsmen and organ harvesters. May be my name no go be mejiloyon but Breastistwo. Me and Mayweather for dey ball like this.

Truth be said..some nairalanders need help. Serious help. For goodness sake do I have to write that what youre reading up there is a joke? For those wey dey mention me make I give una collective answer.

WAKA

Can't stop laughing!!!! Mumu ancestors!!!!
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by overlord77: 10:57am On Feb 02, 2021
Rugaria:

Keep basking in rubbish thoughts while thinking you are making good points, you hear? You want to be a slave! Listen to yourself..

What's wrong with what the dude said(though I think he's just kidding). But with or without whites are you not a slave like this in naija?
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by illicit(m): 10:58am On Feb 02, 2021
zoghys:

If you are in this country, and earn less than 200k monthly in income, then you're a slave.

I don die....
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by illicit(m): 10:59am On Feb 02, 2021
majamajic:

As a Nigerian , what's different between u and a slave ?
As a Nigerian, I don die already....
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by Rugaria: 10:59am On Feb 02, 2021
overlord77:

What's wrong with what the dude said(though I think he's just kidding). But with or without whites are you not a slave like this in naija?
First off; emancipate yourself from mental slavery and cure yourself of wanton inferiority complex before we proceed...

2 Likes

Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by Originalsly: 11:03am On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Truth be said..some nairalanders need help. Serious help. For goodness sake do I really have to write what you are reading up there is a joke? For those wey dey mention me make I give una collective answer.

WAKA

Unbelievable.... despite the warning.....sooo many Nairalanders reading without understanding.... but rushing to comment. Borderline illiterates.
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by MoneyTrees(m): 11:09am On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Legend

Instead make them calm down, make oyinbo carry them go America ,highest dem go be slave for a while before them release them,for where ,my great grandfather dey run upandan inside bush dey escape oyinbo. He no know say he dey escape good life. Now I'm stick with herdsmen and organ harvesters. May be my name no go be mejiloyon but Breastistwo. Me and Mayweather for dey ball like this.

Truth be said..some nairalanders need help. Serious help. For goodness sake do I have to write that what youre reading up there is a joke? For those wey dey mention me make I give una collective answer.

WAKA
I was almost impressed angry
The good part of your comments made sense & gave me sober reflections
But, the statement in bold shows her chicken hearted, liver failure you are just like your fore fathers
That's why you won't still ball with Mayweather grin angry
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by Eriokanmi: 11:24am On Feb 02, 2021
tot:

Couldn't have said it better. He needs to print this comment and read it every morning. He should ask innocent blacks in jail and the likes of George Floyd what their choice would have been. Very ignorant way of thinking.
Don't mind him. "The innocent blacks being in jail" reminds me of Henry MacCllum and his half brother, Leon Brown who were convicted and put in the NC prison.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/07/us/mccollum-brown-exoneration.html

They were on deathrow for over 3 decades for an offence they knew nothing about, before DNA evidence exonerated them. By the time they were released, they became useless and unproductive. Their productive years had been wasted in jail. There are many more of their likes in American Jails today.

2 Likes

Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by tot(f): 11:28am On Feb 02, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Don't mind him. "The innocent blacks being in jail" reminds me of Henry MacCllum and his half brother, Leon Brown who were convicted and put in the NC prison.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/07/us/mccollum-brown-exoneration.html

They were on deathrow for over 3 decades for an offence they knew nothing about, before DNA evidence exonerated them. By the time they were released, they became useless and unproductive. Their productive years had been wasted in jail. There are many more of their likes in American Jail today.

So sad. Imagine wasting basically a lifetime and someone is here wishing he had been a slave and claiming he was just joking. The comments one reads here sometimes...smh.

1 Like

Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by ruzell86: 11:30am On Feb 02, 2021
illicit:
I will rather die than be a slave....
I'll rather become a slave than be a fraudster (anyone including yahoo).
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by zoghys: 11:34am On Feb 02, 2021
illicit:

I don die....

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by Eaglesence: 11:54am On Feb 02, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Remember the popular American movie, Roots. See the latest pictures of actor, Levar Burton who starred as Kunta Kinte.

He will be 64 in February

No man lives for ever men, we go old las las.
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by Wolfeye: 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Remember the popular American movie, Roots. See the latest pictures of actor, Levar Burton who starred as Kunta Kinte.

What tha hell Christ I’m getting old
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by marsup: 12:16pm On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Legend

WAKA
Slavery hasn't ended. It's not too late. You can do it for your children and grandchildren.
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by GameGod(m): 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2021
tot:

Silly comment. Go and ask George Floyd and the many innocent blacks in jail what their choice would have been.

People keep writing rubbish all in a bid for cheap likes.

And he got 300+ likes. Man! The people on this forum are unbelievable!

2 Likes

Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by RemiDogCare(f): 1:16pm On Feb 02, 2021
Five content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid One Million Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers...

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature.
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by illicit(m): 1:24pm On Feb 02, 2021
zoghys:

If you are in this country, and earn less than 200k monthly in income, then you're a slave.

shocked

considering how much I earn, I think I am the slave ship lol
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by sunnedee2: 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Legend

WAKA
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
God's sake!
You nearly killed me this afternoon.
I was sipping Fanta while reading your post. Had to totally pause, close my eyes and jejely swallow before I burst into laughter.
I always like to read your posts but this one nearly choke me.
Have a nice day man. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by Lazenby007(m): 1:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Legend

WAKA
Don't say that bro! It was never a pleasant experience to be captured by the toubou(whites).
It was such a miserable era.
Kunta lived a wretched slavery life. He was never happy, except on two ocassions- the day he married Bell a co-slave and the day he had his first and only child(daughter)

2 Likes

Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by sunnedee2: 1:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
illicit:

shocked

considering how much I earn, I think I am the slave ship lol

You are a clown I swear. grin grin grin grin grin
Nairalanders!

Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by 360command: 1:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Legend

WAKA
You are the one that needs help. Joking about it in the first place is wrong.. how do you think ?

Even I hate when comedians use jokes to talk about slavery.

Would you be happy if a white girl tells you to your face , you need to go back to the farm in s joking manner..

Think bro...

1 Like

Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by Eriokanmi: 1:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
tot:

So sad. Imagine wasting basically a lifetime and someone is here wishing he had been a slave and claiming he was just joking. The comments one reads here sometimes...smh.
grin
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by piper7(m): 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2021
imhotep:

Wow.
Looking good.
Indomie generation will not understand grin
Yes ooo. We can't understand. How can we? When we are busy making money and building our careers. While the Elubo and firewood generation are still wallowing in their past vomits.
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
piper7:

Yes ooo. We can't understand. How can we? When we are busy making money and building our careers. While the Elubo and firewood generation are still wallowing in their past vomits.

No chill eh grin
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by Jeffy1206(m): 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
nairavsdollars:

nice movie. Watched it over 20 years ago or so.
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by tot(f): 2:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
GameGod:

And he got 300+ likes. Man! The people on this forum are unbelievable!

Extremely unbelievable I tell you.
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by hectorswag(m): 3:40pm On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Legend

Instead make them calm down, make oyinbo carry them go America ,highest dem go be slave for a while before them release them,for where ,my great grandfather dey run upandan inside bush dey escape oyinbo. He no know say he dey escape good life. Now I'm stuck with herdsmen and organ harvesters. May be my name no go be mejiloyon but Breastistwo. Me and Mayweather for dey ball like this.

WAKA
Looool..this is the funniest comment I've read this year! Guy you be clown I swear! grin grin
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by lozanni(m): 5:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
nairavsdollars:

Great Actor, who is still looking good.

The first time I watched his performance in Roots where he was being flogged to renounce his name 'Kunta Kinte' and adopt his chosen English name 'Tobi' I was so filled with rage; I was looking for a white guy to vent my anger on!

Burton really brought life to his portrayal of the young Kunta Kinte' in that film.

1 Like

Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by BigotMan(m): 6:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
Greatfullheart:
i remember that song it was the bomb.

the movie's theme song alone moved me...now i know what to download from youtube
Re: Roots: Levar Burton 'Kunta Kinte' (Latest Pictures) by BigotMan(m): 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2021
it will be good to watch the movie again...i have the epub book incase someone is interested... wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Sings With Paul Okoye In His Palace (Photo) / Omotola Jalade Pounding Yam For Husband / Efya: "I Have Never Had Sex With Wizkid, But He Dated My Sister" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.