Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP (15125 Views)

Judiciary Groans As Buhari Delays Judges’ Appointment - Punch / Nigeria Police Release Statement On Appointment Of Mba As New PRO By New IGP / Ibrahim Idris Hands Over Police Flag To New Igp Adamu(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Weneda(m): 6:35am On Feb 02, 2021
Adelani Adepegba , Abuja
The Presidency on Monday said no date has been fixed for the appointment of a new Inspector -General of Police .

The incumbent IGP , Mohammed Adamu , was expected to leave office on Monday , having attained the statutory retirement age .

However, Adamu was in office till past 6 pm on Monday and attended to a large number of visitors .

Findings indicate that he did not hand over to any senior officer as expected.
The PUNCH reports that the President was supposed to convene a meeting of the Police Council which has the mandate to appoint a new IG.

Findings , however, indicate that the council which comprised the President , state governors and the Chairman of the Police Service Commission , merely adopts whomever is appointed as IGP by the President , contrary to its prescribed roles .

Speaking on Channels television ’s Sunrise Daily, Presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu said he was not aware of the imminent announcement of a new police chief .

He stated , “ The President returns to Abuja ( from Katsina) on Tuesday . He should be on his desk by Wednesday . I don ’t know when he will do this . One thing I can assure you is that in places sensitive like that, there is no vacuum that will subsist, so therefore , the system will take care of itself . ”

Shehu also stressed that the appointment of the next IGP will not be based on ethnic considerations.

“ The President will rather have an Inspector -General of Police who will make you and I safer , protect life and property than one who is more pronounced by his tribal marks ,” he noted.
Shehu said it is impracticable for top security appointments to be made based on factors such as ethnicity or regions .

The spokesman added that the appointment will be based on who can best help to protect lives and property across the country .

https://punchng.com/adamu-remains-in-office-as-buhari-delays-appointment-of-new-ig/

1 Like

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by solmusdesigns: 6:43am On Feb 02, 2021
cool

Appoint a wrong service chief and risk a coup d'etat

A Coupist knows best,

Buhari won't rush appointment of service chief and he would only pick his associates

7 Likes

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Toosure70: 6:44am On Feb 02, 2021
Our mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by rottenPussy: 6:44am On Feb 02, 2021
No wahala. All I know is 2021 is all APC have to prove themselves as 2022 will be campaign year.

4 Likes

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by BruncleZuma: 6:44am On Feb 02, 2021
grin grin grin grin

E shock Una bah? Baba had promised and Baba has delivered.

[img]https://media1./images/22d9689453caf1cd8e4da60495038966/tenor.gif[/img]

30 Likes

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by kelvyn7: 6:44am On Feb 02, 2021
shocked
Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by FalseProphet1(m): 6:45am On Feb 02, 2021
I see him being replaced by another northerner. This I have seen.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Sonnobax15(m): 6:45am On Feb 02, 2021
cheesy
Adamu is going nowhere..

Infact,adamu's leg has been so planted in that office that no one,not even Buhari can remove him..

Very senseless government

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by helinues: 6:45am On Feb 02, 2021
What's the delay for?

No other competent person from the police force?
Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Mayng01(m): 6:45am On Feb 02, 2021
I knew it, bubu is a curse on this nation. By the time he is ready to replace him, it would make no difference anymore, as he did in the military cos shekau is now bringing the fight to them, even at their camps and baracks and they are hitting the army hard with casualties. Adamu has failed to tackle banditry & kidnappings as well, by the time he is ready to replace him, things would have got out of hand. Very slow in responding to critical & National emergency issues. May God deliver us from a tyrannical ethnic bigot. Spit!!!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by rawtouch: 6:45am On Feb 02, 2021
embarassed

let him handover to the next most senior officer and gerrout of the seat

3 Likes

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Johnrake69: 6:46am On Feb 02, 2021
Naija
Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by iyanumiv(m): 6:46am On Feb 02, 2021
ZOO COUNTRY
Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by DoubleEngine007: 6:46am On Feb 02, 2021
Na their way..
Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Abeyjide: 6:47am On Feb 02, 2021
remains where for what reason?
Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by cow92: 6:47am On Feb 02, 2021
tHAT is Bad na
Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by beautyhd: 6:47am On Feb 02, 2021
His tenure has expired yet will remain in office.

As far as Buhari is still there he might remain in office till 2023, nothing shocks me in this country anymore.

13 Likes

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:48am On Feb 02, 2021
He's looking to replace him with another incompetent Northerner

12 Likes

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:49am On Feb 02, 2021
Still searching for a Muslim Fulani man to take over the top post. until then, Adamu stays in buhari voice

6 Likes

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Dpharisee: 6:49am On Feb 02, 2021
The next most senior officer is not a Fulani, even Obasanjo is shocked by his nepotism. I wonder how educated people in the SW fell for this scam repackaged by Tinubu

20 Likes

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Houseofglam7(f): 6:49am On Feb 02, 2021
undecided
Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Jesse6(m): 6:50am On Feb 02, 2021
baba gat no time now
Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Kingrefreshed: 6:51am On Feb 02, 2021
Weneda:
Adelani Adepegba , Abuja

https://punchng.com/adamu-remains-in-office-as-buhari-delays-appointment-of-new-ig/

Please get this trash outta there ASAP!
Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Racoon(m): 6:52am On Feb 02, 2021
It is obvious Buhari in his marked nepotic self is yet to get the right northerner that will replace the outgoing IGP.
Otherwise is he not aware that government is a continuum & that the over spent police boss is going to retire one day.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by ForeThinker: 6:52am On Feb 02, 2021
Abi
Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by sweetonugbu: 6:53am On Feb 02, 2021
There's a lot of things in our darling Daddy's mind that he has forgotten about the issue of IGP, with his cow and other more pressing issues he is expected not to remember. Sai baba
Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Tonymario58: 6:53am On Feb 02, 2021
Na the way
Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Cooltouch73: 6:54am On Feb 02, 2021
It is well

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Adamu Remains In Office As Buhari Delays Appointment Of New IGP by Administration1: 6:55am On Feb 02, 2021
He is waiting to gazette the recent promotion so that he can chose from his kinsmen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mines Planted By Boko Haram Kills Vigilante Chairman & JTF Vice In Dikwa(pics) / COVID-19: Inuwa Yahaya Unveils 150- Bed Capacity Isolation Centre / Kano Explosion: Air Force Shifts 58th Anniversary Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.