Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members (10401 Views)

Kingsley Orji: Yul Edochie Seeks Financial Assistance For Ailing Colleague / Buratai, Nwoko, Bob Manuel, Zack Orji, KOK Honoured At Actors Guild Of Nigeria E / Tonto Dikeh Slams Prince Ifeanyi Dike, Actors Guild Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by Odewaleadesoye(m): 12:07pm On Feb 02, 2021
Piqued by the spate of life-threatening ailments and sudden deaths that have engulfed the Nigerian movie industry in recent times, the leadership of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN, has launched an internal appeal fund to support the families of their deceased members as well as provide quick medical interventions for those who are bedridden for various ailments.

This was made known in a statement issued, Monday, by Kemi Adekomi, Senior Special Adviser to AGN President on Media and Publicity.

According to the statement, AGN President, Emeka Rollas is highly saddened by the recent spate of deaths in the industry.

The statement read: “As is his usual style of carrying members of the Guild along in all he does, the President has been making a passionate appeal to members and Nollywood at large, to lend support to their colleagues through the Trust Fund which is chaired by a veteran actress, Joke Silva.

“The Guild has become overwhelmed with the urgent need to provide assistance to sick members as well as participate in the funeral activities of the deceased and provide for the upkeep of the immediate families.

“It is with great sadness to note that three corpses of AGN members are currently in the morgue waiting for final burial rites. They include Jim Lawson Maduike, Dan Nkoloagu and Ernest Asuzu (who passed on recently), while some members are equally down with life-threatening ailments.

“The President sees this as a burden all actors have to bear, and to be our brother’s keeper in times of need.”

According to the Actors Guild statement, about N2.7 million has generated in less than 24 hours of launching the appeal fund.

Some of the ailing actors include Tom Njemanze, Prince Emeka Ani, Bruno Iwuoha, Evelyn Osugo, Ken Odunukwe, Tony Goodman among others who are critically ill, with need for urgent medical interventions.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/sos-actors-guild-launches-fund-for-ailing-members/

6 Likes

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by Odewaleadesoye(m): 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2021

8 Likes

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by slawormiir: 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...
This niggarrrr though......

This guy and jim iyke were the only real niggarrrrs then in nollywood
They were hard, gangsta, tough and real

The rest were pussy asss niggarrrs always crying for love especially nonso diobi, ramsey noah, Desmond Elliot, emeka Ike and Mike ezuruonye.
Bunch of pussy asss niggarrrs....

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by KossyKiss97(f): 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good move. I hope its properly managed, and can be accessed by all its members.

Do something different this valentine.

Gift your loved ones with a piece of land. Oh yes you heard me right! Enough with the boxers,singlets,chocolates and flowers! With as low as 550k, and a maximum of 2m, be sure to get a plot for that special person.

Watsapp 080. 6029. 1729 for details and enquiries

4 Likes

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by solmus: 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
cool

Good one

They need health insurance, and Retirement Savings Accounts... Especially the Male actors

I tell my guys, common 2.5m in a Retirement Savings Accounts or Annuity plan, and a good Insurance cover is far more important especially now that you are making money

16 Likes

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by aleeyus(m): 3:59pm On Feb 02, 2021
nice
Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by FalseProphet1(m): 3:59pm On Feb 02, 2021
I see the funds massively looted. I see nothing being done to the culprits, I see Nigerians ranting on social media about the missing funds, I see nothing being done, I see ailing actors and actresses still appealing to Nigerians for financial assistance. This I have seen.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by Englov(m): 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good
Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by dosage150(m): 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
Day don break
Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by chatinent: 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
I hope Kanayo O Kanayo is not among.

1 Share

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by sonsomegrigbo: 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
Nonsense country called Nigeria!

It is now very glaring that the vagina people have 1 million percent chance of being super rich over other gender!

Only Genevieve, Daniella or Iyabo can foot the medical bill of those sick actors home or abroad!

Don't ask me how much they are paid in movies or number of roles they play in a year because I will only put you in dilemma that they have EXTRA LARGE gods!

Can you guess the nationality and hobbies of the man below?

3 Likes

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by Princessogaraya(f): 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
Today is my birthday

6 Likes

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by festacman(m): 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
Raising money and operating any FUND leads to suspicion, in-fighing and scandals. Any money raised should shared among the current sick list and discontinued.

The wise thing do is share knowledge. These actors are not kids but due to their background, they may lack financial literacy and knowledge of investment options. This is the area the AGN leadership should work on.

The first step is to emphasize and keep emphasizing to members the benefits of taking out a say 15% or more UNFAILINGLY out of every earning for saving and investment in landed property, buying health insurance shemes, etc. Wasteful 'flexing' especially among young actors will haunt them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by dosage150(m): 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:

cool

They need health insurance, and Retirement Savings Accounts... Especially the Male actors

Very right

I still wonder why mostly male actors face things like these ........

1 Like

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by emmabest2000(m): 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
They can't manage it very well

Tribalism will be their major problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by Hotzone(m): 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good move
Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by chidonweb(m): 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
This is good
Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by GIANTPLUSHUB: 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
Nice one
Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by Tomilola360: 4:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see the funds massively looted. I see nothing being done to the culprits, I see Nigerians ranting on social media about the missing funds, I see nothing being done, I see ailing actors and actresses still appealing to Nigerians for financial assistance. This I have seen.

Everything you see is false. FalseProphet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by jawalis(m): 4:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
God bless Givers.
Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by pickatyouu: 4:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
A nice initiative.
Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by Undefeated09: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
Impressive
Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by SmartPolician: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
FalseProphet1:

Jobless amoeba

Get a life, dude

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by Mindlog: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
They should also educate their members. on the need for health insurance.
Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
I will still prefer that d actors watch their weight/lifestyle too.. too much weight puts d heart and arteries under pressure. We know what it eventually leads to,

1 Like

Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by IMASTEX: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
Okay
Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by BalyPOD: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good gestures
Re: Actors Guild Launches Fund For Ailing Members by paulolee(m): 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2021
a good development but the actresses should be among to help boost revenues or more funding from some influential people..
the actresses are highly connected to some small gods..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Gigantic: Meet Matilda – The Girl With The Biggest Ukwu In Africa [photos] / Sexy Hausa Girls Dancing Crazy Shaku Shaku / Meet:annie Hawkins-turner:the Woman With The World's Largest Natural Breast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.