Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India (613 Views)

Nigerian Gets 10-Year Sentence In US For Romance Fraud, BEC Schemes / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Jail In U.K For Possession Of Drugs And Guns. Photos / Nigerian 'Yahoo' Boy Sentenced To Jail In UK Over Credit Card Fraud. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India by Salewa97: 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2021
A sessions court has sentenced Nigerian national Amachukwu Okeke, 37, to 10 years imprisonment and fined him Rs 1 lakh under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act (NDPS) for possessing commercial quantity of narcotics.

“…prosecution has succeeded in proving that the report of the expert confirms presence of LSD in the exhibits and that it was commercial quantity,” the court held. Okeke was caught red-handed with LSD liquid worth Rs 2.7 lakh, in Siolim, in 2015. The court gave him the minimum penalty required for possessing commercial quantity of narcotics.

The counsel for the accused argued that he is a footballer and has a few years to play and earn a livelihood for his family and is not convicted by any other court, but was falsely implicated by Kochi police in some other case.

The court noted that this was his second case. He was arrested in 2005 for possessing cocaine, but was acquitted by the court. When released on bail, he left the state and was involved in another drug case filed before Chennai police, where investigation is going on.

Counsel for the accused M D’Souza argued that the substance is liquid and could not be weighed in grams and there was no authorisation to investigate into the matter and investigating officer did not attach the accused’s clothes.

Public prosecutor Anna Mendonza submitted to the court that the substance seized was commercial quantity LSD and the investigating officer complied with the NDPS Act.

Source: https://m.timesofindia.com/city/goa/nigerian-footballer-gets-10-years-in-drugs-case/articleshow/80620615.cms

CC: Mynd44 Lalasticala

Re: Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India by helinues: 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
A sessions court has sentenced Nigerian national Amachukwu Okeke, 37, to 10 years imprisonment and fined him Rs 1 lakh under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act (NDPS) for possessing commercial quantity of narcotics

1 Like

Re: Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India by DenreleDave(m): 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
Helinues shut up, Okeke is not Igbo, it's kogi.

When did kogi people start carrying drugs again?
Re: Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India by Salewa97: 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
DenreleDave:
Helinues shut up, Okeke is not Igbo, it's kogi.

When did kogi people start carrying drugs again?

From what I heard, there are lot of indigenous Igbo in Kogi.

This Okeke could be a Kogi-Igbo tho. Trust me, these Kogi Igbos don’t deny their Igbo ness like the Ikwerres and Ika.

I will look for the guy’s picture, if his head has any funny shape, then we can 100% confirm his tribe and identity.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/01/nigerian-footballer-jailed-india-possessing-drugs-commercial-quantity
Re: Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India by YoonSung81: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
Wahala
Re: Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India by triple996(m): 1:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
Why na
What is wrong with yamuri people self
Is drug trafficking part of their blood lineage?
Habi na inheritance? undecided undecided
I heard they have a world record of highest inmates in all kinds of prisons
Something need to b done about this
Seriously!!! It getting too much
They need help
Re: Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India by osamz007: 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2021
[quote author=helinues post=98667388][/quote]

Re: Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India by THUNDER4real(m): 1:22pm On Feb 02, 2021
hmmm

Re: Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India by Salewa97: 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
triple996:
Why na
What is wrong with yamuri people self
Is drug trafficking part of their blood lineage?
Habi na inheritance? undecided undecided
I heard they have a world record of highest inmates in all kinds of prisons
Something need to b done about this
Seriously!!! It getting too much
They need help

You are right @the bolded.
Re: Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India by DaddyRochie1642: 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
Salewa97:

From what I heard, there are lot of indigenous Igbo in Kogi.

This Okeke could be a Kogi-Igbo tho. Trust me, these Kogi Igbos don’t deny their Igbo ness like the Ikwerres and Ika.

I will look for the guy’s picture, if his head has any funny shape, then we can 100% confirm his tribe and identity.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/01/nigerian-footballer-jailed-india-possessing-drugs-commercial-quantity

grin grin grin
Re: Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 02, 2021
grin The Blockbuster and Grammy awards winning Usual Suspects Season 3 starring Amachukwu Okeke and Shahrukh Khan.

1 Like

Re: Drugs Case: Nigerian Footballer Gets 10 Years In Jail In India by Ghostrye: 5:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
I won't say anything

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Caught Smuggling Weapons Into Edo State. / Block My Line, I Won’t Submit My NIN Data To Terrorist Pantami: Aisha / Nigeria Accounts For 75% Crime In The Gulf Of Guinea —FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.