Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

A Letter To Oma - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Letter To Oma (405 Views)

COVID-19 - A Letter To The UK From Italy: This Is What We Know About Your Future / A Letter From An Aborted Baby / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To Oma by debullet(m): 11:39am On Feb 03, 2021
My dear Oma, you must forgive me for meddling and intruding once again in your life. But I have heard certain things that disturb this old soul and I cannot keep quite any longer. I know you are busy and you say time is short, but it is long enough to say what I wish to say.

My dear, what is your idea behind the meaning of life? because that is what you live every day. I see so many things on TV these days. The music videos being played, songs that show naked women, stacks of money, obscene luxury and what do you call it? yeah! blings.

You say you just watch them that they don't mean anything. BUT haven't you noticed? your language, your dressing and expectations have changed. maybe you might say you don't really listen to the lyrics but that they make such danceable sounds. ah! my beloved, the words that you speak are two things: spirit and life. don't you agree?

Can't you see that you are sick, completely sick of love and all it does is make me remember how many times I have had to nurse your broken heart back to wholeness.
To be continued...
Re: A Letter To Oma by debullet(m): 4:53pm On Feb 03, 2021
Letter cont'd...

You sing that you would give away your soul to hold him once again and yet your lifeless life is all I remember when he spurned you again. You sing that he is the key to your peace of mind, and indeed! all I recall is how restless you become when you are, like you say 'booless'.

Sweetheart, if a man loves you he will never say "if you really want my heart prove to me that you want it'. A heart is always freely given. you will Never have to prove anything because you are already worth it.

If the boy is yours, he will come to you. If wants to be with you, he would never tell you to hold on a little longer. If he truly loves you, he will realize how precious you are immediately , not some years down the line. A man who truly desires you will never put himself in a position to lose you or make an option in his life.

Remember, you are more than your body. Men that praise your face, br""st and derrière reduce you to - butchers meat, yes to be 'slaughtered'.
Know your worth my love. life is tough for everyone.
To be contd...
Re: A Letter To Oma by debullet(m): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2021
Letter cont'd

Where do you get your strength to live with the love, sadness, joy and loss that will come your way? I see you watch so many talk shows and reality programs . If only you know how grander people become when the camera is focused on them. How do you take advice from people who do not even like themselves? What do people who are constantly under the knife, because they want your rating have to offer?Do you get counseling from people who would say and do anything to get more ratings for their shows? I would not wish you to quote a line from the TV to someone you love when you are angry; my Darling, they only work in movies. In your life, their will be no director to shout "cut" and have a scene or line changed. once spoken, your words will never go back. Be careful of what you say!

Which reminds me, i see that you stand in front of your mirror a lot. is it that you forget what you look like every time you turn away from it? Surely it cannot be the desire to indulge in self-lust as you turn this way and that to find points of admiration for yourself and from others. and I must believe it is not discontent as you lament the cups that do not run over or overflow. Is it the hips that do not lie or the straight plain of a derrière that you cry over?

Now tell me my dear, what do you think makes a woman desirable? where do you get your standard for beauty? I am not talking about the inner one, we will have more on that later. I mean the physical one. Do you take your standards from those music videos you like to watch? is it from the glossy magazine cover where the models have been photoshoped, perferct for camera but not for real life. it's from those shows that make you think that women have to look a certain way before they can be considered attractive.Take it from me, there would always be a prettier one and a prettier one than the prettier one. how many would you compare yourself before you have peace? Your measurements were made precisely for you. do not live your life in the shadow of insecurity, they could be crippling. Sometimes you will be beautiful and sometimes you will not.
To be cont'd...
Re: A Letter To Oma by debullet(m): 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2021
Letter cont'd

Where do you get your strength to live with the love, sadness, joy and loss that will come your way? I see you watch so many talk shows and reality programs . If only you know how grander people become when the camera is focused on them. How do you take advice from people who do not even like themselves? What do people who are constantly under the knife, because they want your rating have to offer?Do you get counseling from people who would say and do anything to get more ratings for their shows? I would not wish you to quote a line from the TV to someone you love when you are angry; my Darling, they only work in movies. In your life, their will be no director to shout "cut" and have a scene or line changed. once spoken, your words will never go back. Be careful of what you say!

Which reminds me, i see that you stand in front of your mirror a lot. is it that you forget what you look like every time you turn away from it? Surely it cannot be the desire to indulge in self-lust as you turn this way and that to find points of admiration for yourself and from others. and I must believe it is not discontent as you lament the cups that do not run over or overflow. Is it the hips that do not lie or the straight plain of a derrière that you cry over?

Now tell me my dear, what do you think makes a woman desirable? where do you get your standard for beauty? I am not talking about the inner one, we will have more on that later. I mean the physical one. Do you take your standards from those music videos you like to watch? is it from the glossy magazine cover where the models have been photoshoped, perfect for camera but not for real life. it's from those shows that make you think that women have to look a certain way before they can be considered attractive. Take it from me, there would always be a prettier one and a prettier one than the prettier one. how many would you compare yourself before you have peace? Your measurements were made precisely for you. do not live your life in the shadow of insecurity, they could be crippling. Sometimes you will be beautiful and sometimes you will not.
To be cont'd...
Re: A Letter To Oma by debullet(m): 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2021
Letter cont'd

When you look in the mirror, who you really are is unseen to all. It's your acts of kindness, humility, and love that resonates most deeply and shines through the flawless face, acne and the pimples.

You will be hurt by those whom you love. But what is some hurt if not for lessons? we have all had our hearts broken. Yes, even I! and I will tell you, that no matter how many times your heart gets broken, it would always feel like the first time; for the heart never gets used to pain.

What you must do is to always commit your relationship to God before you commit your heart. Yeah, you must be thinking if Almighty God is interested in the boys in your life. but let me tell you God is, and he absolutely cherishes your heart more than any man on earth: he loved you first. so with God's strength you will be able to conquer the challenges that will come your way. Remember, his grace is sufficient for you even in your weakness. Not every relationship God endorses would lead to marriage. you must guard your heart with due diligence, for out of it flows the source of life. for a woman who does not guard her mind, is like a city broken down without walls.

Be all that you can be. life is beautiful in every moment; yes even the painful ones. May God grant you the wisdom ...

your grandfather.
Re: A Letter To Oma by gallivant: 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
E..

(1) (Reply)

Books Are Meant To Change Lives – Foluke Sijuwola Falayi / Ibadan Book Club To Pay Courtesy Visit To Oyo State Library Board On Friday / N50,000 For 3 Winners To Be Announced Oct 17 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.