Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,992 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please! (16422 Views)

Watch Out, That Party Food May Not Be Good For Your Body System! / I Went For A Birthday Party I Saw A Boy Drinking This. / See The Beautiful Watermelon I Made My Cute Lovely Niece As A Birthday Present (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2011
Its my birthday this weekend and i am having a little house party.

I want the party to be receive nods of approval from my guests. grin

I am desperately in need of ideas for what meals to serve my guests.

I was thinking of fried rice with barbecue. . . . but i need ideas for 'small chops' that are quick and easy to prepare as i will be doing all the cooking all alone with no help from anyone.

Many thanks.
Re: I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please! by adonisgold: 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2011
Guy , forget fried rice. cook jollof, buy plenty meat ,
if you do fried rice you will spend all day in the kitchen.

Use the meat water to cook the rice then fry the meat,
dats the small chops and meat to go with rice, meat, since its only you, dont stress urself.

When boiling the meat add little water and dry ground pepper then spice for taste,

ginger, grated works wonders for boiling meat.,

Buy chicken and goat meat.

Chicken for rice, goat meat for small chops.
Barbecue the goat meat for small chops after boiling slightly.
Re: I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 05, 2011
thank you adonisgold.

i actually find fried rice very easy to prepare because all the ingredients (carrots, green peas, etc) have been diced, wahsed and placed in bags which i can get from the supermarket here and it is really cheap.

Meat is not an option for me because beef is expensive here. Chicken is most ideal for a party. I can get frozen chicken thighs in bags from the supermarket and its quite affordable.

Goat meat is not an option at all. grin grin grin

I have my mind made up on fried rice and chicken. I just need ideas on what to go with it. cheesy
Re: I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please! by obowunmi(m): 3:00am On Apr 06, 2011
Appetizers: spring rolls or meat pie

Meal: fried rice, chicken, moi-moi, and dodo.

Dessert: cake and/or ice cream

Drinks: ice water, soft drinks, beer, and hard liquer.

Lots of naija music: kas, dbanj, asa, ayefele, such and such.

Let me know what you think.
Re: I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please! by snthesis(m): 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2011
garri and groundnuts tongue
Re: I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please! by obowunmi(m): 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2011
snthesis:

garri and groundnuts tongue

hehehehhe ---- soak it in a big bucket and everyone can put their dirty hands in and all share of the soakings
Re: I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please! by JeSoul(f): 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2011
size12,

Obowunmi has some nice ideas there. How fancy do you want to get? what kind of food will your friends like? smiley also how many people will be at your party? If more than 15 then some finger foods would be excellent, especially for appetizers/desserts.

1 - How about a fruit platter done kebab-style? It shouldn't be too expensive if you buy the fruits whole and chop them up yourself.
[img]http://creampuffsinvenice.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dscn8999.JPG[/img]
or alternatively, some stores sell fruit platters ready made. See this example from Edible Arrangements
  www.ediblearrangements.com

2 - Since you're using chicken, maybe you can also have some chicken-kebabs with mixed veggies?

3 - To spice up your drinks a little bit, if you have a blender, try making a large batch of smoothie (or else just buy in the store or use wine or a mixture of the two) and serving in chilled, brown sugar or chocolate rimmed glasses like this (drop in strawberry or cherry for added effect) - [img]http://www.fotobank.ru/img/SF14-6824.jpg?size=l[/img]

4 - For your dodo, you spice it up a bit if you don't want to serve it regular style. You can buy those frilled toothpicks (they come in all shapes, sizes, plastic, color etc) you stick in finger foods and serve around a dish with a tomatoe sauce/stew dip.

5 - For other side dishes . . . some dinner rolls? steamed carrots and green beans? a light chicken soup made with some of your chicken stock? a tossed salad of lettuce and tomatoes? or a mozarella and tomatoe salad with sprinkled basil or other greens like this -

or a proper Naija "salad" with all the works drenched in some Heinz cheesy.

Goodluck and have a blast of fun!
Re: I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please! by snthesis(m): 10:41am On Apr 07, 2011
^^^**salivating**
Re: I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please! by mamagee3(f): 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2011
JeSoul:

1 - How about a fruit platter done kebab-style? It shouldn't be too expensive if you buy the fruits whole and chop them up yourself.
[img]http://creampuffsinvenice.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dscn8999.JPG[/img]

~Nice picture~ cheesy
Re: I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please! by mamagee3(f): 12:28am On Apr 08, 2011
JeSoul:

3 - To spice up your drinks a little bit, if you have a blender, try making a large batch of smoothie (or else just buy in the store or use wine or a mixture of the two) and serving in chilled, brown sugar or chocolate rimmed glasses like this (drop in strawberry or cherry for added effect) - [img]http://www.fotobank.ru/img/SF14-6824.jpg?size=l[/img]
~I'm hungry already~

Someone give me some food!

(1) (Reply)

What Are You Cooking On Christmas Day? / Share Your Yam Moments / Please How Can 'ofe Akwu' Be Prepared? What Are The Ingredients?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.