Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

How I Was Scammed By Skye TV (pictures) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed By Skye TV (pictures) (570 Views)

White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Armed Robber Who Attacked Ondo Skye Bank Nabbed In Edo State / Robbers Attack Skye Bank In Ondo, Kill 3 Policemen (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed By Skye TV (pictures) by stchinedu: 10:23am On Feb 04, 2021
Good morning Nairalanders,

Please permit me to share my bitter experience with SKYE TV, with the WhatsApp number, +2348066835141.

I became a viewer of the WhatsApp TV (Skye TV) a week ago after seeing the advert here on nairaland. Believing it to be a honest and harmless brand, i joined for the fun.

For the records, WhatsApp TV originally known as WhatsApp Television is a branded account that seeks to entertain, inform, educate, etc people on WhatsApp Through the status feature. All you do is save their number and start viewing their status.

This is what Skye TV does and added to it, they offer to give sure 'odds' for betting games and most times, post pictures of 'members' that won (obviously to lure viewers).

They put up posts on their status claiming to have sure 'odds' and ask viewers to pay and get the sure odd (with refund guarantee), if it fails.

The posts and comments on their status are so convincing, i decided to give it a trial and that was my undoing...

I paid into his account on Monday, 01/02/2021, sent him proof of transaction which he confirmed then the snubbing game began. Till date he has not picked my calls nor reply my numerous messages...i woke to see he has blocked my number on WhatsApp when i made comments on his adverts on nairaland.

Now, the new trend he has started is to open fresh accounts with different monikers to advertise his Skye (scam)TV. I discovered more than four accounts opened between 2nd and 3rd of February this year alone. Shocking!

Please nairalanders, due respect to the mods, be careful of the antics of the guy behind Skye TV.

I am not here to slight anybody, i have screenshots to proof my points. Nairaland is a wonderful forum and we must try to expose those who are bent on denting the image of this forum.

Below are the screenshots...

1. The numerous monikers he uses

2. The adverts on his status (Skye TV)

3. our conversation and my proof of payment which he confirmed

Re: How I Was Scammed By Skye TV (pictures) by Gaddaffi121(m): 7:55pm On Mar 12, 2021
Haa! Thank God o. Those winning tickets he displays are photoshopped. I was almost scammed too. Skye tv on whatsapp is scam. Everybody beware. Its fraud

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ESN Commander Eliminated At Imo State By Nigerian Army, Police / Sixteen Soldiers Killed, Six Injured By Attackers In Niger / An Advice To The Mosquito Murderers(killers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.