Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Urgent: Can I Register My Survey, While Land Seller Awaiting C Of O? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent: Can I Register My Survey, While Land Seller Awaiting C Of O? (262 Views)

How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals / Help! How Do I Register My Land With Edo State Min Of Lands & Survey / Land Investment In Lagos(estate Around Dangote Refinery)dry, Fenced with C OF O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent: Can I Register My Survey, While Land Seller Awaiting C Of O? by ikoroduarea: 4:30pm On Feb 04, 2021
I am buying a plot of land in Lagos from a reseller. The land is freehold and free from government acquisition.

My problem is that the seller has applied for the C of O and has submitted all original documents to land registry to process his C of O. The C of O is already at newspaper publication stage. But I am told that I can't register my survey or do anything on the land until the C of O is out in seller's name. But I will burn

Because the C of O is not yet out, so i'm buying on trust that the C of O process would be completed at a point in
time. Presently I can only get a Deed of
Assignment and Contract of Sale from the Owner
and Copies of the C of O processing documents.

Also i must endeavor to complete the C of O process on my own. If there are outstanding fees and documents to be presented to collect the C of O in the seller's name, it will be borne alone buy me the new buyer.

And I can't build anything on it for now?

Land gurus, what do you think? Is this normal procedure when buying land that is awaiting C of O by the seller?
Re: Urgent: Can I Register My Survey, While Land Seller Awaiting C Of O? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2021
From experience, Buying a land and getting ur deed of assignment requires a survey to be embed in it including a form c, should incase u wish to apply for your own CofO title.

"Well mine had a GOV. Consent Title".
Re: Urgent: Can I Register My Survey, While Land Seller Awaiting C Of O? by ikoroduarea: 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2021
Fulaniherdmens:
From experience, Buying a land and getting ur deed of assignment requires a survey to be embed in it including a form c, should incase u wish to apply for your own CofO title.

"Well mine had a GOV. Consent Title".

Yes, but they did not say I can't do my survey. They said I won't be able to register it because there is application for C of O already filed by the owner and the C of O is almost out and must come out before I can be able to register my own survey.
Re: Urgent: Can I Register My Survey, While Land Seller Awaiting C Of O? by Nobody: 1:56am On Feb 05, 2021
Hey get a lawyer to help you verify all by involving the Surveyor and doing all that need be done. Dont let them put you in state of rush or delimma. Once your money leave akant. u r now viable

ikoroduarea:

Yes, but they did not say I can't do my survey. They said I won't be able to register it because there is application for C of O already filed by the owner and the C of O is almost out and must come out before I can be able to register my own survey.

(1) (Reply)

Set Of Chair For Sale Price 100k / 5 Bedrooms Fully Detached Duplex For Sale Location: Lekki / How To Plot Survey Plan In Revit Without Using Autocad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.