Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards (1018 Views)

Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / What Is Considered A Good Annual Salary In Usa,uk And Nigeria? / Announcing The 3rd Annual Leap Africa Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards by kayasmith: 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2007
Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards

Announcing the 4TH Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards
Committed to showcasing the amazing efforts of young people, and their impact on communities across Nigeria, LEAP Africa is proud to announce the 4TH Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards. Funded by Nokia and supported by the International Youth Foundation, these awards will recognize outstanding young Nigerians who have initiated change projects in their communities.

The objectives of the 4th Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards are:

• To identify young people in Nigeria who have initiated change projects that are focused on improving the lives of others.
• To encourage and support these young people in their efforts
• To showcase their impact on local communities and to demonstrate that the youth can effectively serve as change leaders in Nigeria

Application Criteria
Applicants must:
a. Be between 18 and 30 years old
b. Have played a leadership role in creating positive changes in their local communities in one of the following areas: Business and Economic Development, Environment, Education, Law and Human Rights, Health, Media, Arts and Culture, and Science and Technology.
c. Be able to show tangible evidence of impact
d. Demonstrate that their initiative has potential for growth or further replication
e. Demonstrate high-levels of integrity and the willingness to serve as role models for other youth
The Award
Ten outstanding youth will be selected for recognition during a nationally publicized event that will be held on November 22nd, 2007 at the Shell Hall, MUSON Centre Lagos. Winners will also receive cash awards of up to Sixty thousand Naira (N60, 000), to support their projects in local communities across the country.
Application Process
Applications can also be downloaded or completed at LEAP Africa's website at: http://www.leapafrica.org/downloads.asp All applications should be returned to LEAP Africa office at 13 Omorinre Johnson Street, Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lekki Peninsula, Lagos or by post to P.O. Box 75427, Victoria Island, Lagos or via email to Oje Ivagba at: oivagba@leapafrica.org before July 30th, 2007.

ONLY FINALISTS WILL BE NOTIFIED

LEAP Africa
13 Omorinre Johnson Street, Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lekki Peninsula, Lagos. P.O. Box 75427, Victoria Island, Lagos. Telephone: 234-1-2706541/2, Email: info@leapafrica.orgWebsite: www.leapafrica.org
Re: Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2007
Tanx for the info bros.

Pls i'd like to know if i can re-apply for the award. I did apply last year during my service year, but i guess i wasn't contacted due to the incomplete information i sent. The space for my contact & office address was left blank. Actually, this was because of the area i stayed during service, there was No addressing system. Hence, i couldn't send any. So, what do you suggest that i do.
Re: Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards by kayasmith: 1:11pm On Jul 16, 2007
Hi Olowo Tee, you can re-apply.
its okay.
Later bro
Re: Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2007
tanx!
Re: Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 20, 2007
kay_asmith:

Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards

Applications can also be downloaded or completed at LEAP Africa's website at: http://www.leapafrica.org/downloads.asp All applications should be returned to LEAP Africa office at 13 Omorinre Johnson Street, Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lekki Peninsula, Lagos or by post to P.O. Box 75427, Victoria Island, Lagos or via email to Oje Ivagba at: oivagba@leapafrica.org[b] before July 30th, 2007[/b].

ONLY FINALISTS WILL BE NOTIFIED

Hi Kay,

I discovered that on the application form i got from their website, the expiration date is June 30th and not July 30th as you have it above, Is there any explanation for this?

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Imfb - Can This Be True / Attend A Turbo-powered Business Intelligence Master Class By The Ibd / New Career Directory, A Guideline For Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.