|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,742,994 members, 6,507,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 September 2021 at 03:00 PM
FG Commissions 450 Metric Tons Cassava Processing Plant In Rivers / Investment In Cassava Value Chain - Cassava Home Project - Sola Agoro / MOST READ... Afdb, Brazil To Groom African Youth In Cassava Processing (2) (3) (4)
|Challenges In Cassava Processing Industry by Vandi2: 9:36pm On Feb 04|
Despite the enormous potentials in Cassava processing industry, it comes with its attendant’s challenges, and limitations. It is of note that the utilization of all the Cassava processing factories in Nigeria is less than 40% because of some peculiar challenges iterated below:
1.fulani herdsmen and bandits
4.Production Technical Downtime
5. Perishable nature of Cassava
States of Cassava factories in nigeria due to above listed challenges;
1. DATCO; The two known partnerships DADTCO was able to secure are now lying moribund (Ijabe, TJ Cassava Flour Company (Osun/Kwara Boundary), and comatose (Apex Cassava Flour Company, Makurdi Benue State).
2. GreenTech Industries Limited (GTI)Currently, GTI is in moribund state and in bad debt, with the financier offering the company for sale
3. Nigeria Starch Mills (NSM Foods)
The production has been sporadic and little to no production over a long period of time now. Their plant utilization is currently around 17%
4. Ekha Agro Farms Limited Reasons given for low capacity utilization include high energy cost and the inadequate supply of cassava roots at competitive price. Ekha Agro closed due to management issues in 2012/2013.
5.MATNA, production has been sporadic due to unavailability of raw material.
6. Harvest Feed and Agro Processing Limited (HFAP) Their plant utilization is currently below 20%.
7.Psaltry International Company Limited (PIL)
the company’s factory utilization is currently 40%
8. Premium cassava products limited
The company's plant utilization is 30%
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35