Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Your Attention Is Needed Here Please! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Your Attention Is Needed Here Please! (524 Views)

Mr Seun , Your Attention Is Needed. / Seun/all Supermods.your Attention Is Needed.naijaloaded Stealing Our Content*pic / Great Nairaland: Your Attention Is Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Attention Is Needed Here Please! by aloyemeka2: 3:49am On Apr 06, 2011
[size=14pt]Student needs N5million For kidney transport [/size]
By NJOKU ONYEKACHI JET

Tuesday, April 5, 2011
But for End Stage Kidney Disease or kidney failure, Miss Nkechi Nwosu 24 would have been in part three in her studies at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.

advertisement

Sadly, the young lady has since after her first year, been bed-ridden. It has become a double trouble for her mother, Mrs. Anna Nwosu who has been certified hypertensive.

According to Nwosu who hails from Mbieri in Imo State, in early 2009, the ailment started like just an ordinary fever. But shortly afterwards, she said, the victim, Nkechi woke up one fateful morning to discover swellings on some parts of her body, including hands, legs and face. “So, she was rushed to the hospital to conduct some tests. And to her surprise, the test indicated that something was wrong with her kidney. And later, we were told she had kidney failure.

“We have been to Abuja National Hospital. From there they transferred her to Gbagada General Hospital. She has been undergoing dialysis two times a week at the General hospital. The cost is much. And a lot of things are involved like buying pints of blood.

The grief-stricken mother disclosed that her daughter got admitted as a student of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, in 2008. Since then it has been a battle to save her life.

She narrates her plight. “I’m a housewife. My husband is old and just struggling to survive in the village. The entire burden falls on me. I have been managing to sustain her dialysis through help from good Nigerians. Since 1999, I turned a beggar, going from place to place begging. Any time we’re unable to get help from anywhere, she would not go for dialysis. And she suffers terribly for it. Then, you see her cry over pains all through the night. Her hands and legs will be swollen.

“Please, I’m appealing to all Nigerians to come to my aid in order not to allow death snatch my daughter from me. “Please, she is your daughter and sister. I am pleading with you all to help in any way possible for her to survive. I am pleading to all of you good citizens of Nigeria. Please, for God’s sake, don’t let my daughter die.”

Her younger brother has volunteered to donate his own kidney to help his sister survive. But the problem is how to get money for the kidney transplant.

A medical report signed by Dr. O. J. Babafemi, Consultant Physician and Nephrologist at the Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos confirms Nkechis’s health condition. It reads: “the above 24 years old undergraduate has been receiving treatment in our hospital for Chronic Kidney Disease since July 2009. Her treatment regime include; twice weekly dialysis, antihypertensives, erythropoietin, Ca C03 and calcitriol Blood or Blood product transfusion (As required)

“I will recommend that kidney transplant will be a better treatment option for her as this will afford her better quality of life. The total cost of kidney Transplant (medication inclusive) is between N4,500,000.00 and ?N5,000,000.00. Please kindly assist her anyway you could”.
[size=14pt]
Note: for assistance, you can reach Mrs. Anna Nwosu on 0808052975 or through Intercontinental Bank Acc. no. 0107 1100 0029 9505.
[/size]

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/apr/5/501.html

(1) (Reply)

Companies In Logas / Friends On Blackberry. Drop Ur Pins 327df6e9 / Nairaland Iphone/bb App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.