Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,542 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG (29265 Views)

We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti / Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers / Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by iamJ(m): 9:50am On Feb 05, 2021
Stay at home grin
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by orisa37: 9:52am On Feb 05, 2021
us-uk-wont-accept-buratai-other-ex-service-chiefs-as-ambassadors-says-ex-niia-dg-akinterinwa.

IT'S JUDGEMENT TIME FOR THOSE CRIMINALS. GOLDEN PARACHUTES OR NOT.
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by spiralwedge(m): 9:53am On Feb 05, 2021
Russia, Eastern Europe, and most Asian countries prefer ex-military ambassadors. Career diplomats are useless to them and can't strike bilateral deals
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 05, 2021
grinNA COTONOU AND TOGO FIT THOSE BASTARDS
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by Gradius(f): 9:59am On Feb 05, 2021
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/us-uk-wont-accept-buratai-other-ex-service-chiefs-as-ambassadors-says-ex-niia-dg-akinterinwa/

This fellow is 100% correct. You can see experience and exposure in his argument. Unfortunately, the country is run by people who does not listen to sincere and honest reasoning.

Watch them counter what this fellow has said!
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by Sunkyapogee(m): 10:04am On Feb 05, 2021
Where else?. If not the Far East.
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by gtown: 10:07am On Feb 05, 2021
This man made spurious allegation with no prove that US and UK have accused the former service Chiefs of human right violation. Apart from the usual wailing by PDP and their agents, pained souls and children of perdition like the ipobian pigs who have been shouting blue murder where there is none, who can show any document in which these countries accused the service Chiefs? America has been fighting terrorisms throughout it existence and therefore know what Nigeria is passing through also. For a man of his calibre who has held such position as NIIA DG to subscribe to beer parlour gist going round in the circle of disgruntled elements in the country should be a cause for concern.
Repeating lies on and on non matter by who will never it those lies become truth.
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by bareal(m): 10:08am On Feb 05, 2021
sojfarm:
IF NOT RATHER A CURSE, A FULANI HERDERS MAN DEPUTISED BY PROFESSOR OF LAW. IT IS REALLY A CURSE.

The thing still dey baffle me aswear... How can a professor of law emeritus agree to deputise for a stark illiterate and a known coupist...this beats my imagination.
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by IHIEGOD: 10:10am On Feb 05, 2021
What is it that these service chiefs know that made presidency to be over pampering them. These people know too much I suspect.
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by Tareq1105: 10:10am On Feb 05, 2021
Racoon:
Always making Nigeria trends for the wrong reason because Buhari have been a curse/plague Nigeria knowingly or unknowingly brought upon itself.Even if a president is daft, he should @ least surrounds itself with people that will help him do the job well.

How can a president quickly nominate a band of lacklustre service chiefs under whose watch the nation suffered the worst kind of insecurity ever witnessed in histroy even as non-career ambassadors? This is not even good for Nigeria's PR.The global stage is where you put your best brains forward in international diplomacy & better negotiations.

Is it to continue to shield they with diplomatic immunity? Nope! The world knows all the atrocities they wrought upon the Nigerian nation under Bubu especially the former COAS.

The original calculations was to make Burutai (only) ambassador to shield him from arrest of he travels abroad.

Baba knew it would raise dust so had to add other service chiefs to give the impression that he was not biased.

It was originally planned to protect Burutai, others just benefitted.

Nobody is talking about how the funds allocated to them in the last 5 yrs were utilized. All we saw was another appointment.

It's like saying if Nigerians don't want them as service chiefs, I'll give them another position. We need to probe the deep relationship between Mr President and the ex service chiefs. It's not ordinary.

President Buhari did not even consider the effect on our career officers whose career progression is being undermined.

I keep wondering why all these are happening to us. All appointments are based on favouritism, nepotism, tribalism and religion.

No merit.

Each time I remember how I traveled to my village twice just to vote for Baba, my heart bleeds.

I never knew I was voting for nepotism and favouritism. I thought I was voting for fairness, equity, and egalitarianlism.

Imagine the extension of IG tenure again as if no one among his 6 deputies is competent enough to step in.

Could it be that Mr President doesn't know that he's killing the morale of career officers in the service?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by rafcrown(m): 10:22am On Feb 05, 2021
Same people always, former this and that.
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by CodeTemplar: 10:29am On Feb 05, 2021
Buratai isn't afraid of travel ban and I wonder why he will want to be an ambassador if not for him being a politically minded killer.
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by ledaman: 10:50am On Feb 05, 2021
Baba keep messing up big time with irrational decisions. undecided
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by iwaeda: 10:52am On Feb 05, 2021
Tareq1105:

The original calculations was to make Burutai (only) ambassador to shield him from arrest of he travels abroad.

Baba knew it would raise dust so had to add other service chiefs to give the impression that he was not biased.

It was originally planned to protect Burutai, others just benefitted.

Nobody is talking about how the funds allocated to them in the last 5 yrs were utilized. All we saw was another appointment.

It's like saying if Nigerians don't want them as service chiefs, I'll give them another position. We need to probe the deep relationship between Mr President and the ex service chiefs. It's not ordinary.

President Buhari did not even consider the effect on our career officers whose career progression is being undermined.

I keep wondering why all these are happening to us. All appointments are based on favouritism, nepotism, tribalism and religion.

No merit.

Each time I remember how I traveled to my village twice just to vote for Baba, my heart bleeds.

I never knew I was voting for nepotism and favouritism. I thought I was voting for fairness, equity, and egalitarianlism.

Imagine the extension of IG tenure again as if no one among his 6 deputies is competent enough to step in.

Could it be that Mr President doesn't know that he's killing the morale of career officers in the service?

Effect of having docile youth population that can not reason their future is being traded away. Yet they kept sliding to your dm to ask for palliatives.

No rule of law anywhere and the nation is DYING.
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by rovher: 11:04am On Feb 05, 2021
iwaeda:

You ALL Voted for Change!
Naaa ...i didn't never did ...
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by akee01(m): 11:11am On Feb 05, 2021
Na dis kind time Wey that old man for senate fit show us say he no be rubber stamp
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by CSTRR: 11:40am On Feb 05, 2021
He is not going to send them to the west.
Buhari is smarter than that.

It's probably to shitty African countries governed by dictators.
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by ruggedtimi(m): 11:45am On Feb 05, 2021
internationalman:
A country where a professor is second to a cattle Herder
as in cattle herder no be human being..?? How many president and world leaders do you know that are professors?
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by Kzinne: 12:20pm On Feb 05, 2021
spiralwedge:
Russia, Eastern Europe, and most Asian countries prefer ex-military ambassadors. Career diplomats are useless to them and can't strike bilateral deals
John J. Sullivan was nominated as the U.S. Ambassador to the Russian Federation by former President Donald J. Trump on October 11, 2019; confirmed by the Senate on December 12, 2019; and sworn in by former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on December 23, 2019.

Ambassador Sullivan previously served as Deputy Secretary of State from May 24, 2017, until December 21, 2019. He served as acting Secretary of State from April 1 to April 26, 2018.

Prior to joining the Department of State, Ambassador Sullivan was a partner in Mayer Brown LLP, and co-chair of the law firm’s national security practice. From 2010 to 2016, he was the Chairman of the U.S.-Iraq Business Dialogue, a governmental advisory committee on United States economic relations with Iraq.

In addition to his decades of experience in private law practice, Ambassador Sullivan has served in two prior administrations in senior positions at the Justice, Defense, and Commerce Departments. He served until 2009 as the Deputy Secretary of Commerce, following his service from 2005 to 2007 as the General Counsel of the Department. Previously, he was appointed Deputy General Counsel of the Defense Department by Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld. In the first Bush Administration, Ambassador Sullivan was Counselor to Assistant Attorney General J. Michael Luttig in the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel.

A native of Boston, Massachusetts, Ambassador Sullivan received his bachelor’s degree from Brown University and his law degree from the Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and Book Reviews Editor of the Columbia Law Review. Ambassador Sullivan was a law clerk for Associate Justice David H. Souter of the Supreme Court of the United States, and for Judge John Minor Wisdom of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by spiralwedge(m): 12:24pm On Feb 05, 2021
Kzinne:
John J. Sullivan was nominated as the U.S. Ambassador to the Russian Federation by former President Donald J. Trump on October 11, 2019; confirmed by the Senate on December 12, 2019; and sworn in by former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on December 23, 2019.

Ambassador Sullivan previously served as Deputy Secretary of State from May 24, 2017, until December 21, 2019. He served as acting Secretary of State from April 1 to April 26, 2018.

Prior to joining the Department of State, Ambassador Sullivan was a partner in Mayer Brown LLP, and co-chair of the law firm’s national security practice. From 2010 to 2016, he was the Chairman of the U.S.-Iraq Business Dialogue, a governmental advisory committee on United States economic relations with Iraq.

In addition to his decades of experience in private law practice, Ambassador Sullivan has served in two prior administrations in senior positions at the Justice, Defense, and Commerce Departments. He served until 2009 as the Deputy Secretary of Commerce, following his service from 2005 to 2007 as the General Counsel of the Department. Previously, he was appointed Deputy General Counsel of the Defense Department by Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld. In the first Bush Administration, Ambassador Sullivan was Counselor to Assistant Attorney General J. Michael Luttig in the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel.

A native of Boston, Massachusetts, Ambassador Sullivan received his bachelor’s degree from Brown University and his law degree from the Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and Book Reviews Editor of the Columbia Law Review. Ambassador Sullivan was a law clerk for Associate Justice David H. Souter of the Supreme Court of the United States, and for Judge John Minor Wisdom of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.

Why are you quoting with an extract from google. You can't say your point in your own words?

1 Like

Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by Blackman101: 12:36pm On Feb 05, 2021
one of the craziest idea by Mr. President sha, anyway send the to china, Pakistan, Ukraine to aid in buying weapon. But if na diplomacy heheheheh
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by vineyardfarms: 12:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
He lack sound mind advisers
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by Dagrace01(m): 1:02pm On Feb 05, 2021
Where are diplomats?
Where are international relations graduate and experts?
Why would Buhari select military men as ambassadors? What do they know about diplomacy or negotiating with international communities
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by potent5(m): 1:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
Keep on masturbating uncontrollably.

The officer in charge of the army and the commander in chief are the only person you can hold responsible for the incident unless the minister went out of his way to procure the commission of the act in question.
morgstreme:

Your WRETCH of a father is USELESS for birthing you..

Who was Minister of Defence under Obasanjo,kid

We're you not still a toddler then?

Ewu!

Who made the declaration at ASO Rock that the perpetrators have been tracked and will be dealt with and in 48 hours,ODI in Bayelsa was TORCHED?
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by TinubuGoQuench(f): 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2021
Racoon:
Always making Nigeria trends for the wrong reason because Buhari has been a curse/plague Nigeria knowingly or unknowingly brought upon itself.Even if a president is daft, he should @ least surrounds itself with people that will help him do the job well.

This move is not even good for Nigeria's PR.The global stage is where you put your best brains forward in international diplomacy & better negotiations.

How can a president quickly nominate a band of lacklustre service chiefs under whose watch the nation suffered the worst kind of insecurity ever witnessed in histroy even as non-career ambassadors? Is it to continue to shield they with diplomatic immunity? Nope! The world knows all the atrocities they wrought upon the Nigerian nation under Bubu especially the former COAS.

However, for a failed president, failure is contagious and a recurrent decimal.Any wonder Buhari's ICC nominee (Justice Ishaq Bello) based on nepotism, was only able to garner an utterly abysmal 5 votes in a court of 110 members due to incompetency.Wherein another Nigerian- Chile Eboe-Osuji is the president of the same court based on proven competency?
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by Rawhumper(m): 2:24pm On Feb 05, 2021
Why did u Talk sir? U for Keep quiet mal Buhari send Buratai as Ambassador...na there they go arrest am and damn diplomatic Immunity Ambassadors have.

Ooooooohhhhhmmm!!!! You don spoil show but anyways there are many ways to kill a stubborn rat!! cool

iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/us-uk-wont-accept-buratai-other-ex-service-chiefs-as-ambassadors-says-ex-niia-dg-akinterinwa/
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by ceaser: 2:29pm On Feb 05, 2021
No problem. That is what the nepotistic Buhari still desires.

This is aside from the fact that he took this hasty decision basically be side of Buratai. It is to stylishly give him sustained diplomatic cover after his removal as the COAS. But in order not to have his intention fully exposed, he had to include other nominees.

Two of the five nominees are southerners while the remaining three are Northerners (majorly Fulanis). So in order to be seen as impartial, he was forced to include the two southerners. But now all he has to do is to post the two to the US and the UK, two countries that are most likely to refuse the ambassadorial nominees postes to 'em while the remaining three are sent to countries that will accept them.

Gen Abayomi G. Olonisakin (rtd), Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ibas (rtd) sent to US and UK respectively.

Lt Gen Tukur Y. Buratai (rtd), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar (rtd), and Air Vice Marshal Mohammed S. Usman (rtd) will be sent to countries which would accept terrorists enablers.

Racoon:

How can a president quickly nominate a band of lacklustre service chiefs under whose watch the nation suffered the worst kind of insecurity ever witnessed in histroy even as non-career ambassadors? Is it to continue to shield they with diplomatic immunity? Nope! The world knows all the atrocities they wrought upon the Nigerian nation under Bubu especially the former COAS.

However, for a failed president, failure is contagious and a recurrent decimal. Any wonder Buhari's ICC nominee ([b]Justice Ishaq Bello) based on nepotism, was only able to garner an utterly abysmal 5 votes in a court of 110 members due to incompetency.Wherein another Nigerian- Chile Eboe-Osuji is the president of the same court based on proven competency?[/b]

Well dissected.
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by Freelance363: 2:54pm On Feb 05, 2021
Give them appointment,or not,their crimes will catch up with them someday.
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by MOVIC6: 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
Even if they are blind, jus imagine making failure a leader..
Re: US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG by themanderon: 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
They are trying to run from the consequences of their deeds but it ain't gonna work cos the Bible said there is no peace for the wicked and that the wicked will never go unpunished. You cannot have blood on your hands and you are seeking reprieve. Even if man fails to get you God never fails as his sword is already raised against you. They can run all they want but they cannot escape the shadows of their evils.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: Buhari Has Done What No Nigerian President Has Ever Done / Prince Adewale Gomez Is Contesting For Lagos Governorship In 2023 / Who Do You Think Will Be PDP Flagbearer For 2023 Presidential Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.